Making old Heroics fun

Personally I hate signing up for a random and getting every single heroic besides Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection, or Trial of the Champion.
    So when I do the old dungeons I like to spice it up a bit.

For instance in Halls of Stone (which has to be one of the worst in my opinion), on the way to Krystallus after the first two packs of adds. Casting at the boss from down below causes him to come fight where you are. He also comes with every single add that is in that area. Its pretty entertaining.

But my question is to you guys, do you ever do anything like that to make the random queue just a bit better?
    Give me your input
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Re: Making old Heroics fun

I also loathe Halls of stone, last time I healed it I asked people to stand in the laser cause I was extremely bored. Most of the time I end up dpsing and just heal the tank after pulls, unless it's a badly geared tank.

Things like saving up all cooldowns and pulling three or four packs is fun. E.g. on my rogue Adrenalin Rush plus Blade Flurry plus Fan of Knives = win.

On my moonkin Starfall plus treants plus Hurricane = fun.

If I tank I like to run ahead a bit and grab two or three packs and then aggro them nicely so dps can burn them down.

Generally doing them quickly is the most fun way to do them. Otherwise they get very routine.

I agree, faster is better in all cases. Especially doing chain random heroics for badges :O
    And what's even worse is getting, for instance, Nexus 3 times, UK twice, etc. without even entering the newer instances
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

YES, i found some instances funny aswell,

Drak'theron Keep, Novos, the summoner or smth boss, he makes a bubble, EVERYONE INSIDE! MOAR DAMAGE!
    and the last boss aswell, we usualy pick it up and run with it to the entrance of the instance, most times we are not successul and boss dies halfway :P

I just pull alot of mobs so the healer has something to do and dps has to focus a bit, but generally it`s still easy to do, Halls of Lightening 1st boss i just pull the boss with some adds to make it more fun (while he is under the buff) hasn`t gone wrong so far

Mostly I go with atleast 1 healer from the guild, so its like pull pull pull pull hmm lets take the boss to. and run stuff wich normally takes 30min in 10min :P.

also we have done some dungeons without a tank, just a plate dpser wich speeds thinks up aswell.

everything to make it faster :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A
    I also loathe Halls of stone, last time I healed it I asked people to stand in the laser cause I was extremely bored.
    I usually stand in it between pulls -- free rage!

My bear tank now has so much health and armor that for many dungeons I no longer need a healer. My last VH I told the holy pally to go Ret and with my improved LotP and his insta flash heals I don't think I ever went under 85% health.

I like tanking heroics on my warrior with Deathbringers Will and other dps gear pieces on with 2pc Tanking t10 (buffs shockwave and Shield slam dmg by 20%). Bring a good healer and do 2-3 pulls at once, shockwave crits for 12k or so with trinket procs up, and pulling 6-7k dps as a tank is a lotta fun (not to mention fast)

Being a way overgeared resto druid, makes having 25-29k hp tanks a godsend against boredom.
    In the Groves of Death