Poll: Is warrior a solid solo pvp class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Is warrior a fun solo pvp class?

warrior solo pvp is pretty meh. mostly it sucks unless you have absolutely amazing gear. you will get killed by pretty much any reasonably intelligent player in half the gear you have.

go ret if you wana plate solo people.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

I never understood to this day somthing that has been said for years..

"Warriors have great synergy with healers"

I find this comment completly asinine.. seriously jokes aside.. if you gave any damage dealing character a dedicated healer, there effectiveness would double, as they dont have to focus on survivability nearly as much..

Look at Ret pallies- they can dish out just as much burst damage as a warrior, while maintaing semi decent self heals and some utilities to keep themselves alive, give them a healer and it would just be that much harder. Same as DKs.

the abilites that warriors have to keep themselves alive require wepon swaping and practically droping alot of there offensive damage... giving them a healer just alows them to not have to "turtle up" wich allows them to constantly be on the aggresive side.. this is no different then any other damge dealer, although they can produce there defenisve abilites withough loosing most of their damage (for the most part).

Unless warriors get some kind of ability that increases there damage output when they recieve heals from another source other then themselves, then there isnt any synergy that a warrior has over any other damage dealer with a pocket healer. (im not recomending that type of ability, im just making an example)

But alas
    a) "REAL" pvp only exsists in arena (lol i guess)
    b) Warriors have MS
    so.. all is good !

Quote Originally Posted by Exeeter
    I never understood to this day somthing that has been said for years..

"Warriors have great synergy with healers"

b) Warriors have MS
    so.. all is good !
    You have just stated the very reason for the class synergy .

Warrior`s have MS. While a dk or ret can dish out the same amount of damage the warrior has MS, thus he will effectivly deal 50% more damage then the fellow without.

Also warrior both arms and prot is a retaliatory class in its nature. It generates Rage when it gets hit. So suddenly he has the Rage to maintain normal offensive rotation while replacing auto attacks with heroic strikes/cleaves. Dodge it or parry it you will get Overpowered. If he is prot he will Revenege melee attackers whom also take damage from Damage shield.

Harder you hit it, the harder he hits back. Ofcourse for this he needs to stay alive.