15+ Year Old Account

Question about extending Raid ID's

My guild wants to do Yogg 0 (it's the ONLY thing in Ulduar we never did) but we don't want to take the time to go in and clear the instance. My question is this:

If I find a pug that is running it, can I get into the pug, anticipating that Yogg isn't killed, and extend the Raid ID for myself, then setup a 25 man the next week consisting of my guild to go in and finish it?

Re: Question about extending Raid ID's

Shortly said, yes.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ya it will work assuming they dont kill yogg in any difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael
    Shortly said, yes.
    What's the trick to this?

I once tried it with Ignis, which was the weekly raid at the time. A raid member had already killed FL, and was actually standing at Ignis, watching him. The rest of the raid wasn't saved. We made the saved person leader while everyone was outside the instance, the (saved) leader walks in, all the rest of us walk in yet we see a fresh Ulduar.

Try to have the saved person invite everyone and walk in first. We've sometimes had problems after changing the leader, however after the saved person invited everyone into a new raid, it worked.

15+ Year Old Account

I assume you could just invite the raid leader, have him go in and get saved when the pop-up comes up, then he could invite everyone too.

Deleted

What if the pug group talks to the Keepers and sends them down? Then the raid lockout is screwed. Or have I missed a way to call a Keeper back once its help has been requested? If so, I have been shouting at my crew for nothing if they have talked to a wrong one when going for 3lights and in that case, this post can be ignored :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by naughty1
    What if the pug group talks to the Keepers and sends them down? Then the raid lockout is screwed. Or have I missed a way to call a Keeper back once its help has been requested?
    There's no way to get the keepers back, sadly. You'll have to take a fresh instance and redo everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    There's no way to get the keepers back, sadly. You'll have to take a fresh instance and redo everything.
    Soft-Reset works afaik.

Iirc we had to get them back down when we didn't down Yogg first evening and tried again on the next one. [Pretty sure they're back up after soft-reset, since we actually started the fight with 0 keepers as assistance even though we hadn't even downed him with all 4 yet.]

15+ Year Old Account

Ah, my mistake then. I thought I read that even soft-reset didn't work, but glad to hear that's not the case.

Deleted

Just clear the damn place.