Reusing old textures in cata

So to what extent will you tolerate the reusing of skins for:

New pre-Outland content
    80-85 leveling content
    Early 85 pve/pvp content (think non set epic and 5man blue/epics [which in bc/wotlk are often reused textures])

Personally i hope they will use some old world pre 60 textures, but i dont want to be wearing the same fucking staff with diffrent stats for 57 levels.

80-85 im looking foward to water/rock/fire (water from maelstrom, rock/fire from the cataclysm itself) textures, but once again dont want to be using the same staff with new stats for 5 levels.

I love the look of naga fan/concept art for weapons and armor, and hope that some of the level 85 stuff looks like it (imagine some of it would due to a few dungeons being related to naga)

In all three catagories im hoping for weapons/armor that seem broken/worn because of the cataclysm itself (EG http://www.wowhead.com/?item=12584 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28184 )

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Reusing old textures in cata

You have to realize, making new skins and models isn't an easy task. As great as it'd be to see new models and skins for every item, it's just not possible, and not really worth it. However, since the expansion is an overhaul of everything Old World, there's bound to be many items we run into while leveling that will resemble or even copy previous models. The Old World items are so horribly itemized, and with them retuning them all it's bound to happen. That being said, Blizzard stated gear would follow the theme of the expansion, much like it did in Wrath, which was more centered around general gloom and doom. So, as far as I can imagine, we'll be seeing models revolving around the earth, elements, and nature.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of Druid/Hunter/Shaman-esque looking gear. Then again, with the expansion going across "planes", maybe we'll see some mystical/magical kinda shit (http://www.wowwiki.com/Ethereal kinda sorta? - yes, BC but I can't imagine anything).

Personally, I think it'd be great to see gear like this. I don't know how Naga-centric the expansion will be but, some models based on them would be great. I guess it'd be a lot of water, fishy looking things (a la Neptune). With the main antagonist being the baddest dragon of them all, and likely a few other dragons playing a large roll in the content, I wouldn't be surprised to see dragon inspired gear.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Quote Originally Posted by ROWKEM
    Then again, with the expansion going across "realms?" or "dimensions?" (horrible words - can't think of the right one)
    "Planes" is what you're thinking of, I reckon.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    "Planes" is what you're thinking of, I reckon.
    YES. Thank you. Fix'd!

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

There is also a chance they will use some of the gear they made for wotlk and tbc that never was found in any of the instances.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.