Is 4xT10 moonkin set bad?

yesterday i got my 4xT10 set for moonkin and i was happy since i though my dps will be little higher, but it looks like it is not that good, or at least for me.

With 2xT9 and 2xT10 i think i was doing better then now. MF ticks could be crits and now they cant, and languish doesn't put up. Total dmg from languish is about 4-5% of raid dmg, but with MF u could have more...

Is it just me or that 7% spell dmg over 4 sec is not that good?

P.S.
    I have 36.3% crit chance and 471 haste ( so im soft capped ) all selfbuffed and in moonkin form....

Re: Is 4xT10 moonkin set bad?

I'm at work, so I can't get to a DPS Log from when I still had 2pc t9.

If you work out what % of your damage was from moonfire crits, you'd see it's similar to 4pc T10. Now work in the stats you get from T9 to T10 and you'll notice T10 is infact better. Not to mention your 2pc T9 only benefits from crit and SP, where languish benefits from Haste/Crit/SP.

First off, you can't compare 4 set T10 to Moonfire with 2 set T9. Languish is more like a bank of damage waiting to tick every two seconds. While Moonfire will always do roughly the same amount of damage per tick, not including spell power procs or anything like that. Languish is better because the damage per tick can always be increased the more times you crit with our two main abilities, Starfire and Wrath. Once your haste gets higher, you will notice that during a fight, without Bloodlust or other buffs like that, it will start to tick for more and more damage because your hitting much faster.

4 set bonus on T10 is very good, it's usually around 4.5% of my dmg at any given encounter which is pretty generous for a set bonus. 2pT9 on the other hand was usually around 3% of the dmg. To sum up

1. Better itemized gear
    2. Better set bonus
    3. ?????
    4. Profit!

So i should stack more haste then i have now?

Atm i have 471 how much should i try to get at least?

It's preference to be honest. After your haste and crit are soft capped, both stats come out about equal.

If you get crit, it helps smooth out the transition between eclipse.

If you get haste, it helps squeeze in extra starfires during eclipse.

The thought of playing moonkin with only 471 haste is painful.

Soft Cap.

Yeah but the thought of winning 1/50 rolls is even more painful...

I started buying gear from winners and spent about 40K on that so far...

But soon ill probably get close to 700haste ( need to buy/change 3 items )...

4t10 does nearly the damage of my other dots (a little under 5% total dps)

Now lets say moonfire crits 50% of the time (might be a bit more but 50% is easy!)

moonfire does 5% damage, +50%, so 7.5% dmg

so thats a rough 2.5% dmg increase only accounting for the setbonus, not even mentioning the superior stats on t10 (no spirit pieces, yellow and red sockets mmm)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

But 4xT10 is only viable in raid where mobs have 150K+ HP, in dungeon runs mobs die in 3-4hits ( yours ) at max, and in that time your moonfire can proc more times then languish. I was trying out 2xT9 + 2xT10 and 4xT10 and languish is not doing even 2% of total dmg where MF ( with 2xT9 ) was doing more then 6%.

For raids it is for sure an increase but for dungeons i don't think so, since u can cast 2+ MF before tank pull mobs and retake aggro.

Well all i need to do now is get 250+ more haste

And that is going to be a prob. I was thinking of getting Leggings of Woven Death, but then my hit rating is going to drop to 219 and that is not good

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    But 4xT10 is only viable in raid where mobs have 150K+ HP, in dungeon runs mobs die in 3-4hits ( yours ) at max, and in that time your moonfire can proc more times then languish. I was trying out 2xT9 + 2xT10 and 4xT10 and languish is not doing even 2% of total dmg where MF ( with 2xT9 ) was doing more then 6%.

For raids it is for sure an increase but for dungeons i don't think so, since u can cast 2+ MF before tank pull mobs and retake aggro.

Well all i need to do now is get 250+ more haste

And that is going to be a prob. I was thinking of getting Leggings of Woven Death, but then my hit rating is going to drop to 219 and that is not good
    I'm sorry, you're complaining that your 4 piece tier TEN, isn't up to snuff for content that was designed for between tier SIX and SEVEN?

And I'd challenge you on that one even, since 6% off moonfire is only 1-2% more than the normal raid numbers without 2t10, meaning it adds about the same as the languish does on that one.

Casters that can't spam seed of corruption do bad damage in heroics, this is news!

Next you'll tell me fury warriors do 10k dps in heroics, and hence should be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    I'm sorry, you're complaining that your 4 piece tier TEN, isn't up to snuff for content that was designed for between tier SIX and SEVEN?

And I'd challenge you on that one even, since 6% off moonfire is only 1-2% more than the normal raid numbers without 2t10, meaning it adds about the same as the languish does on that one.

Casters that can't spam seed of corruption do bad damage in heroics, this is news!

Next you'll tell me fury warriors do 10k dps in heroics, and hence should be nerfed.
    QFT to the above, you can't compare dungeon dps to raid dps O.o

You're right, better refund those frosties quickly, we wouldn't want to do less dps in heroics would we ?

I mean that's what we buy and get gear for right ? To make our daily heroic go faster ?

It's not like we try to do as much dps as we can during raids...

right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

You missed the point of post above.

All casters got significant dps increase in 5mans and raids with new T10 sets, moonkins didn't.

3 clicks and mage is on 13K and moonkins need to use MF, IS, spam wrath like crazy and hope for eclipse and then spam SF like crazy and still slack with dps.

For a new T10 set is its good but not on pair with other casters.

And of course i didnt get 4xT10 for dungeons i got it hoping to get my dps close to dps with other casters that are still using T9 and that is still not possible...

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    You missed the point of post above.

All casters got significant dps increase in 5mans and raids with new T10 sets, moonkins didn't.

3 clicks and mage is on 13K and moonkins need to use MF, IS, spam wrath like crazy and hope for eclipse and then spam SF like crazy and still slack with dps.

For a new T10 set is its good but not on pair with other casters.

And of course i didnt get 4xT10 for dungeons i got it hoping to get my dps close to dps with other casters that are still using T9 and that is still not possible...
    Mages do bad dps on low hp mobs too, unless they're some crazy nonraid spec, there isn't a single caster that does propper raidlike dps because mobs just die too fast before you can pick up steam (barring aoe ofcourse)