Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Help me boost my damage!

Hey guys! I was hoping some of the pro mages here could give me some tips on increasing my DPS in my 10 man raiding environment.

Here's a quick synopsis:

We almost always have an ele shaman, retadin and either shadow priest or boomkin in our raid, pretty much cuffering all of the buffs I need for maximum performance. I always have a food buff and flask. Here is a link to my character sheet:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&cn=Ulqiorra

I'm aware that I'm 6% over the hit cap, but I'm simply waiting for better offpieces (belt, bracers, cloak etc.) to drop before replacing the considerably good ones that I have already (but that cloak needs to go!). I haven't had any luck on spyglass or RoTD drops =( I use a standard ABx3 AM rotation with my 4 pc t10; I start the fight by using Mirror Images and my cooldowns. In burn phases, I pop a haste potion if BL isn't up and then all of my cooldowns, running a fully-hasted ABx4 AM rotation. TTW is also always up. Here is a parse from last night's ICC clear (sans Frostwing and lich king!):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kq8x1b142no54fso/

Any advice you guys could give would be great! Thanks!

Re: Help me boost my damage!

only thing i could advise is change your feet enchant to tuskers , and change the 50sp and 30 stam to 50sp and 20 spirit since this will give you extra crit and the tuskers abit more extra dps time since you will move faster.

For the rest, macro's to swap targets faster wich increase's your dps time are really usefull. For the rest try to use your cooldowns whenever they are up, and be sure to have them all ready when the bloodlust is giong to be popped.

Hope it helped anything & good luck

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ziicknex
    only thing i could advise is change your feet enchant to tuskers , and change the 50sp and 30 stam to 50sp and 20 spirit since this will give you extra crit and the tuskers abit more extra dps time since you will move faster.

For the rest, macro's to swap targets faster wich increase's your dps time are really usefull. For the rest try to use your cooldowns whenever they are up, and be sure to have them all ready when the bloodlust is giong to be popped.

I only grabbed the 30 stam enchant because it was MUCH cheaper than the spirit one at the time lol. I suppose I can switch to tuskar's now that I'm considerably over the hit cap. Everything important is macrod (cooldowns and such). I usually have it all timed up; some fights are short enough where ill have to stagger CDs to be able to get 2 uses out of them.

10+ Year Old Account

I would also suggest not using Abracadaver. It's not the best staff for overall consistent dps, and you would likely see your dps a little higher and evened out with something like Frost Needle with Scourgelord's Baton (to start with, until you can get a better OH).

Another mage I raid with in 25 mans does not like that staff at all, and ended up going with MH/OH. I've passed on the staff more than once too. I have Quel'delar and Scourgelord's

This is consistent with rawr as well, frost needle and scourgelord's will be more overall dps.

a side note- Quel'delar (battered hilt) is slightly more dps than frost needle IF you can get it.

--forgot to mention, you would want to put Black magic on a 1 hand, but I'm sure you know that

15+ Year Old Account

Okay, number 1: ABx3 AM is not the top rotation. ABSpam04MBAM is still the best rotation, but ABSpam034MBAM is pretty close and much better on the DPM, so go ahead. You should still avoid popping AM without MBarr, because you not only won't be doing the best DPS, but you won't proc 2pt10. Also, with your haste level, you can definitely get the fourth AB in on the Pushing the Limit proc, so go ahead. You might even get the AM in. Definitely, during haste cooldowns (BL/IV/Black Magic--if you notice it/Haste pot), you should be doing 4 ABs.

Number 2: If you're running with an Spriest and not a Boomkin, you are missing 13% increased spell damage. That's a huge loss for all the caster DPS in the raid. If you also have a lock or unholy DK, that can help a lot. If not... you want that boomkin.

Number 3: Legs => SP/Spirit for the slight crit bonus. Feet to Tuskarr's Vitality--the move bonus will help more than the excess hit and tiny crit. Gem in your ring to SP/haste. Check Rawr for whether you should put a blue gem in your staff for the socket bonus. My instinct says that 6 haste > 7 sp, so you should be getting it.

Edit:
    @Erik765: Nothing wrong with Abracadaver. You're mixing it up with Nibelung. Abracadaver is an ordinary staff. The on use on it is 'free' (and useless).

10+ Year Old Account

@DirewolfX

Actually, I'm not mixing it up with anything.

Check rawr, or simply to the math.

*do

Quote Originally Posted by Ziicknex

Meh, first of all, you will take loads of damage in some encounters like festergut, means that if you have 30 stam instead of 20 spirit is alot better for survivability, but i agree with Tuskarr's vitality enchant, most of the encounters are made for moving so little extra speed doesnt hurt, but helps ya alot.

10+ Year Old Account

@Tréasha

ur a nub.

AND YOU'RE BANNED!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Okay, number 1: ABx3 AM is not the top rotation. ABSpam04MBAM is still the best rotation, but ABSpam034MBAM is pretty close and much better on the DPM, so go ahead. You should still avoid popping AM without MBarr, because you not only won't be doing the best DPS, but you won't proc 2pt10. Also, with your haste level, you can definitely get the fourth AB in on the Pushing the Limit proc, so go ahead. You might even get the AM in. Definitely, during haste cooldowns (BL/IV/Black Magic--if you notice it/Haste pot), you should be doing 4 ABs.

Number 2: If you're running with an Spriest and not a Boomkin, you are missing 13% increased spell damage. That's a huge loss for all the caster DPS in the raid. If you also have a lock or unholy DK, that can help a lot. If not... you want that boomkin.

Number 3: Legs => SP/Spirit for the slight crit bonus. Feet to Tuskarr's Vitality--the move bonus will help more than the excess hit and tiny crit. Gem in your ring to SP/haste. Check Rawr for whether you should put a blue gem in your staff for the socket bonus. My instinct says that 6 haste > 7 sp, so you should be getting it.

Edit:
    @Erik765: Nothing wrong with Abracadaver. You're mixing it up with Nibelung. Abracadaver is an ordinary staff. The on use on it is 'free' (and useless).
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that we also have an unholy DK providing the 13% buff.

I agree with your points on part 1: I also feel that ABx4 AM outperforms ABx3 AM in overall DPS; however, I've found ABx3 AM much more easier on the mana, giving me more freedom to fish for MB charges (please note that whenever I refer to a an AB AM rotation, I imply that I keep casting AB until MB procs). I have enough haste to keep a full ABx3 AM rotation hasted, or the ABx4 but not AM [Mbarr] proc.

In bloodlust phases, I can go ABx4 -> AM [MBarr] with everything hasted, easily.

@Erik765 - I'd be disinclined to use the Frost Needle/Baton combo over my staff; I'd lose a good chunk of SP in doing so.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd check it in Rawr. FN/SLB is probably better than Abracadaver. I have both and I use FN/SLB. Abracadaver will be just as consistent DPS as FN/SLB. Using Nibelung would be spikey due to the procs.