Poll: Which is better Futurama or The Simpsons?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go with Futurama. I always loved the cross of wackiness and heart.

Futurama, they can essentially do anything.
    Plus the Simpsons has started to get really lame, what with Lisa episode after Lisa episode. Shes the worst Simpson, stop focusing on her...

Futurama is a whole lot funnier than the simpsons. It just didn't appeal as large of a crowd I suppose when it was originally canned. It's sorta kinda back now though, so we'll see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Futurama. Not that the latest season was super great. But it's WAY better than recent episodes of The Simpsons and I sure hope that Comedy Central can continue with new Futurama episodes for at least a couple of seasons.. as long as they're good.

Simpsons however, can stop right now. Make a finale episode or a sequel movie to end it all with and then we can have our last Simpsons party where we reminisce about seasons 1-10ish, and then we take our farewells of this show forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is an old thread. How did you find it?

lol. Anyways. Simpsons of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Futurama, they can essentially do anything.
    Plus the Simpsons has started to get really lame, what with Lisa episode after Lisa episode. Shes the worst Simpson, stop focusing on her...
    Lisa wasn't always "bad". Remember the episode where she wanted to go to an Egyptian museum to see an Isis exhibit? She had interesting dialogues with pretty much every whacko she encountered on the way to that exhibit and it made for a really good episode. Writers aren't trying anymore. They made her too grown-up or occasionally just shallow.

Futurama > Family Guy > American Dad > Simpsons

The old Simpsons was awesome, but they have gone down hill since then. A few of the new episodes of futurama were also a little lackluster, but as a whole I'd go with Futurama

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old Simpsons were incredible, but the past 6-8 years have been pretty atrocious. Futurama was genius, up until last season, which I could hardly watch. Here's hoping the next few seasons are better.

Futurama for sure. It's more funny and clever, and there are actually sad episodes from time to time. The dog episode actually made be cried when it aired like 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Futurama > Family Guy > American Dad > Simpsons

The old Simpsons was awesome, but they have gone down hill since then. A few of the new episodes of futurama were also a little lackluster, but as a whole I'd go with Futurama
    The old Simpsons were amazing, but many of the new episodes focus more on storylines and plots rather than crazy humor. Definitealy isn't as good, but it's no where near as some make it out to be. As for me I despise Family Guy. All that show is is stupid toilet bowl humor, 80's references and recycled crap from the first 3 seasons. For me...

Futurama > American Dad > The Simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Family Guy > The Cleveland Show. (Both God awful wastes of space)

as people said, if it was like, simpsons first 10 seasons first Futurama, then it might be close...but if you take all the simpsons and all Futurama...Futurama hands down...

I had started to write a post of epic proportions when the browser glitched and I lost what I wrote

I vote Futurama because of their consistency across seasons, even if you include their newest one which I wasn't as big a fan of (the retcon of Kif's character made me mad).

I own far too many DVDs of both shows...you could call me a fan >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    This question makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    The old Simpsons were amazing, but many of the new episodes focus more on storylines and plots rather than crazy humor. Definitealy isn't as good, but it's no where near as some make it out to be. As for me I despise Family Guy. All that show is is stupid toilet bowl humor, 80's references and recycled crap from the first 3 seasons. For me...

Futurama > American Dad > The Simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Family Guy > The Cleveland Show. (Both God awful wastes of space)
    I agree with Cleveland Show, and with your summary of Family Guy, but after a long day of work I can still get a good long laugh from Family Guy. I also rank FG highly because all my friends watch it regularly and we toss quotes in at random points of conversation. Futurama is still the top for me by a long shot, even if you just take the first 10 or so seasons of Simpsons, but with just the older Simpsons its up there with Futurama. Simpsons is not dying gracefully, although the Movie was very funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I hate simpsons with a passion... futurama

10+ Year Old Account
    No Simpson's character can compete against Zapp Brannigan.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I'd actually argue the exact opposite is happening with The Simpsons. The earlier seasons had episodes with coherent story lines that were filled with moments of hilarity. I still consider 'You Only Move Twice,' the episode with Hank Scorpio, to be one of the best episodes that The Simpsons has ever done and it illustrates my point. The story was coherent and the zany antics really weren't all that many, yet the episode was hilarious (thanks in no small part to the improve work of Al Brooks). The newer stuff just feels like they throw in a vague story to fill the time between Homer anger explosions.

Edit: I want to use The Simpsons Movie as an example for the newer stuff. For so much of the movie it just felt like the plot was filler for the next joke that Homer had a pet pig or that the Inuit lady had large breasts. It honestly got tiring.
    Last edited by muCephei; 2011-04-13 at 03:22 AM.

Futurama hands down
    Reason: Dr.Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    The original simpsons.
    Yes, nothing compares to the original Simpsons.

I'm insulted you misspelled Futurama on the poll. I really haven't cared for The Simpsons (aside from Treehouse of Horror Specials) since I was a kid and watching The Simpsons was like watching South Park. These days, watching South Park is like watching wrestling in the 90s. Everybody who's anybody is watching it. Futurama though? It's ALWAYS been fresh to me. I've heard people complaining that Bender seems toned down in the new seasons (less smoking, less drinking), but I don't think that's on purpose. Why would a cable channel go further in censoring a show than a national channel (Seth McFarlane's works being the notable exception)? Makes no sense, Futurama is just Futurama. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.