Leveling through dungeons

I've asked around, and everyone tells me that frost is the way to level a mage. I can see how the survivability is great for soloing, but I plan to level entirely through random dungeons, with little to no solo questing. Is frost still the way to go? (I am currently level 30.)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling through dungeons

i personally would recomend fire till about lvl 60ish then switch to arcane.
    im finding that arcane below lvl 60 isnt all that great unfortunately :/

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

lol yeah arcane before arcane blast sucks balls.

i'd say go fire or frost. it really doesn't matter that much honestly. i'd probably go frost because i don't like drinking and you would probably need to drink less.

yes u should as frost, cause alot of ur deeps will come from blizzard plus when u get to the brd spam (like 52-57) ur not going to be able to hurt fire elementals with fire damage.

I just went 1-75 about a month ago. Took about 2 weeks using this guide http://www.empoweredfire.com/2009/10...eveling-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by bobthemonkey
    yes u should as frost, cause alot of ur deeps will come from blizzard plus when u get to the brd spam (like 52-57) ur not going to be able to hurt fire elementals with fire damage.
    ^ this, go frost. I am currently leveling through dungeons as frost and the chill effect to blizzard + shatter talents = 90% of my dps. if you find yourself dpsing only one mob just spam frostbolt and profit

Im lvl'n frost atm im lvl 59 i do a mix of instance and quests with frost i am number one dps 100% of the time with an avg 800-850 overall dps at this lvl, the next closest to me is usually 400-500 overall and usually the tank lol , then the other two dps usually trend around 300-400 with a few stragglers thrown in around 200k, so in my limited mage exp id say frost all the way.

im in all blues/heirlooms and my mage is only 6 weeks old so im sure i have a lot to learn.

frost also offers amazing survivability for those times when you get a very green tank and pull aggro.

but having leveled 4 other toons to 80 i'd say unless you just enjoy the heck out of the dungeon grind sticking to nothing but dungeon runs its gonna take you twice as long to hit 80 as it would doing a mix of instance/area quests.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg