ret gear advice?

I just got to 80 few days ago... pally won't be end game raider (i have fury warrior for that) just gold maker, but i still wan't him to do some decent DPS (around 3k+) in hcs or some older raids (naxx, uld and similar...) ... i already have crafted 245 chest and braces... purchased 232 legs and hands and now, i'm starting with everything else...

My question is, should i go for T9 4pcs bonus or buy EoT 245 head and shoulders?

Re: ret gear advice?

Quote Originally Posted by igibum
    My question is, should i go for T9 4pcs bonus or buy EoT 245 head and shoulders?
    4t9 is worst set bonus in wotlk, take eot parts

go for 4p t9. THe reason for this is that way you have 2 pc t10 when you start getting those and 2pc t9.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    go for 4p t9. THe reason for this is that way you have 2 pc t10 when you start getting those and 2pc t9.
    What?? Why even waste the badges? Buy 2T9 and the 2 off-set pieces. Right about that time, you should be picking up your first piece of T10. Once you get your second piece of T10, you will replace one of the off-set pieces and have the 2pc bonuses.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Head and shoulders cost less an the stats are better imo. And we dont know when he is going to raid and how lucky he will be in voa for his t10. So its just a precaution.

Head and shoulders cost less an the stats are better imo. And we dont know when he is going to raid and how lucky he will be in voa for his t10. So its just a precaution.
    This reply conflicts with your previous post. Here you say head and shoulders are better, but you initially said "go for 4p t9". Make up your mind!!! Unless you are referring to T9 head/shoulders, then you are just flatout wrong.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

If he goes for the 4pc t9 with the head and shoulders instead better dps increase then the 245 EoT imo. THen if he gets lucky and get 2pc t10 from voa he will still have the head and shoulders from what he bought

If he goes for the 4pc t9 with the head and shoulders instead better dps increase then the 245 EoT imo. THen if he gets lucky and get 2pc t10 from voa he will still have the head and shoulders from what he bought
    K, you aren't right and I'll try to do what I can here.

Facts:
    -He already has T9 legs and hands.
    -4T9 is a very weak bonus. The item level(245) of the non-T9 EoT items is superior to the 4pc bonus.
    -He isn't wasting badges with 2T9 + EoT shoulders/helm if his first emblem of frost pickup is the 5th slot, ie T10 chest.
    -If he snags a piece of T10 from VoA, he's in even better shape with 2T9, 2T10(second from EoF), and an ilvl 245 offset piece.

If his first piece is his chest from badges. And then he gets a piece for voa. He will lose 2pc t9? Or am i really stupid this morning?

If his first piece is his chest from badges. And then he gets a piece for voa. He will lose 2pc t9? Or am i really stupid this morning?
    Actually, you are right on this one. I don't ever count on getting loot from VoA and didn't even consider which pieces were dropped by those bosses. Yes, if he gets a piece of T10 from VoA, he will lose his 2T9 bonus. In that single case, he would be better off picking up a piece of 232 T9 for the sake of retaining that bonus.

The overall point I was trying to make is that there is no gain from going after 4T9. Keep 2T9 as long as possible while you pick up 2T10 and use a 245 EoT piece in the 5th slot.

yeah its cool i understood you ;D i was just saying he shoul pick it up as a precaution

Just don't make the mistake of going for ArPen gear.

Hit(to cap)>Exp(to softcap)>Str>Crit>Haste>Arpen

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Just don't make the mistake of going for ArPen gear.

Hit(to cap)>Str>Exp(to softcap)>Crit>Agility>Haste>Arpen>AP
    Fixt