Poll: What weapon enchant is best for a PvE Protection Paladin?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What weapon enchant is best for a PvE Protection Paladin?

Which and why?

Re: What weapon enchant is best for a PvE Protection Paladin?

I personally prefer mongoose (Threat, avoidance and armorz!)
    Sarcasm may be used!
    I am not a thief, I am a pirate! And piracy isn't stealing, it's just good manners sharing!

Would say Blood Draining because it effectively gives you around 2k extra hp when you actually need it.

I would prefer agility over mongoose. I like constant stats rather than procs...

Anyone who picked blade ward is mentally challenged or ignorant.

Mongoose or agility.

i prefer blade ward, love the proc and extra damage sometimes but that`s my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    Anyone who picked blade ward is mentally challenged or ignorant.

Mongoose or agility.
    well I guess I am mentally challanged then but I took Blade Ward and it works fine nice dodge on proc and after changed its procing alot.

Quote Originally Posted by fezz
    i prefer blade ward, love the proc and extra damage sometimes but that`s my opinion
    Blade ward has the same proc rate as mongoose.
    As in they are both 1ppm effects.

The first time you parry BAM those goes that buff you built up.

Mongoose is not consumed when you dodge.

But whatever. One of the reason I rolled a tank was because of retarded tanks. At least I know I can handle retarded dps and drooling healers to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob
    well I guess I am mentally challanged then but I took Blade Ward and it works fine nice dodge on proc and after changed its procing alot.
    Point proven as it's parry...not dodge.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

None of the tanking enchants are really stellar, that being said I think Mongoose has pretty good uptime and seems ok.

TBH you could stick http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44496 and not feel bad about it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...olf&cn=Keladin

While it offers some TPS, it really does nothing else like Mongoose, Superior Agility or Blade Ward does. IE: avoidance. For ICC, the first two pull well ahead due to the the dodge aura.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

People need to relax here, especially the poster calling peeps "dumb". The truth is, none of the enchants are very effective, if you do the research mongoose comes out ahead a bit, just because the parry proc gets used up. However, your best bet is to enchant for sweet glow! Seriously, it's that trivial to our avoidance and threat, so go for looks boys and girls! (And mongoose looks awesome on the 251 tanker!)

Since I tank purely heroics (dps raid spec) I like mongoose just for the extra crits and hasted cleaves (warriorz be hijackin yo thredz)

10+ Year Old Account

The "Maintankadin" site has a comparison of the lastest data on the various tanking enchants. (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/)

If you are going for Avoidance I'd suggest, and they would too, mongoose. If however you don't like "RNG" proc based enchants, they suggest 26 agility.

If you are going for TPS, they suggest Accuracy, although they say that beserking is the top enchant, it lowers armor etc.

If you are going for Survivability in a "Zomg I'm getting owned and AD is proc'ing all the time zomg scenario" get Blood Draining, or new healers.

Hopefully this helps answer your questions.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread