prob a nub question but i gotta ask

i have rank 3 frost armor trained but when i cast it on myself it gives me a much lower rank, up above in the buffs applied area it tells me the spell adds 200 armor etc etc but on the bar i cast it from it says i should be recieving 432 armor etc etc ..

this a bug? or what am i missing here?
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Re: prob a nub question but i gotta ask

There's Ice Armor then there's Frost Armor. Note the difference between the two and which one you're using.
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

The buff tooltip doesn't update properly. Never rely on the numbers you see in tooltips, they're very likely off (for pretty much every ability). Once you get some gear with spell power you will see that your spells do much more damage then shown in the tooltip of the ability. Tooltips don't show scaling. Buff tooltips don't show talent improvements, ability tooltips (on the action bar or spell book) do show talent improvents but still no scaling with any stats.

So for buff abilities: Check the ability tooltip, not the one of the buff icon to see the true benefit
    For damaging/healing abilities: Check the numbers on the screen/combat log to see the real effect.

I would love to see tooltips which support scaling in cataclysm...
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

You can look on your char screen and see how much armor you actually get instead of looking at the buff. As mentioned the buff you have doesn't take talents into account.

10+ Year Old Account

A druid had a similar question so I took a screenshot to show the difference between actual spell book and buff tooltip.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9638/wowscrnshotmy.jpg

whoa whoa whoa. 80k health? O.o

thks for the replies ill do as suggested and just check what my actual armor is before and after i apply the buff, strange that they would leave that broken for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinforced
    There's Ice Armor then there's Frost Armor. Note the difference between the two and which one you're using.
    yea sorry im at work and cant access the game from here guessed on the name of the buff

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco
    PvP tagged, I'm guessing WG tenacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    yea sorry im at work and cant access the game from here guessed on the name of the buff
    No you're probably right, he thought you had another problem. At level 30 or so you get ice armor which replaces your frost armor from that point because you don't gain more ranks of frost armor (and ice armor gives more armor+freeze I think)

Quote Originally Posted by wolffish
    PvP tagged, I'm guessing WG tenacity.
    also resting, I'm guessing it's just a bear (note: it IS a bear, just check his portrait)
    @Tiolith: lame, I thought it was unbuffed :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffish
    I'm guessing WG tenacity.
    Or you guys could check the spellbook :P
    I just went into bearform and used Survival Instincts (feral version of Last Stand) before taking the screenshot.

That's what I get for playing on a PvE realm, where any PvP tagging is highly suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    Or you guys could check the spellbook :P
    I just went into bearform and used Survival Instincts (feral version of Last Stand) before taking the screenshot.
    Baby hp! Our druid hit 100k a few weeks back and made all of our other tanks jeally.