Thread: Moderators

Moderators

Has anyone else noticed how strict and "childish" the new moderators are? I mean the thread "Whats Taking So Long With LKHM" has already been removed? I dont see anything wrong with this post AT ALL. This is a forum to talk about WoW, am I right? I understand some threads need to be removed and I understand that, but just general topics i dont understand. Anyway I am sure this thread will get deleted just as fast, but I wanted to at least start it and hear your opinions

Re: Moderators

Moderators and people, just like you and me.

Therefore they have their own personal opinions on how threads and users should be behave.

They are not robots and not everyone will agree with them.

Personally, when they first was given moderation power i did sense a kind of "im better than you" attitude for the first 42 hours... but that has already died down a lot (if not disapeared completey).

At the end of the day, if you have a complaint about how one (or more) moderators are behaving, then do the same thing you would do with any other complaint about an employee (even if it is a voluntary position) and speak with the manager, which in this case is Boubouille.

Either that, or find another website where the moderators have the same "ideals" as you.

You should be happy with the Moderators we have, because i would be deleting a lot more threads than they have if i was a Moderator...

"hey gaiz the mods (fascists!) deleted my stupid thread that's been repeated a dozen times what children AMIRITE??"

I like the new MOD's

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush
    "hey gaiz the mods (fascists!) deleted my stupid thread that's been repeated a dozen times what children AMIRITE??"

1st it was not my thread

2nd please go troll some where else

Quote Originally Posted by Trollin Trade Chat
    1st it was not my thread

2nd please go troll some where else
    Is that because you have chosen to troll this thread? :-\

Soon as you go vent your petty bitching somewhere else, like the trade chat you fancy

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Moderators and people, just like you and me.

Therefore they have their own personal opinions on how threads and users should be behave.

They are not robots and not everyone will agree with them.

Personally, when they first was given moderation power i did sense a kind of "im better than you" attitude for the first 42 hours... but that has already died down a lot (if not disapeared completey).

At the end of the day, if you have a complaint about how one (or more) moderators are behaving, then do the same thing you would do with any other complaint about an employee (even if it is a voluntary position) and speak with the manager, which in this case is Boubouille.
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Is that because you have chosen to troll this thread? :-\
    Wow really? I dont think you understand...the thread was about a real question that asked for real feedback ( not trolling). People like to hear what most top guilds are working on and the road blocks they come across.

Hmm. I kinda agree. Some mods are going to be very strict. Some aren't. (One of the new ones forced me to change my signature).

But in truth, if I were a mod, I would be as "bad". I have a no fucking about attitude to management, and would have permabanned many of the fools on these forums long ago if I had the power to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne
    Hmm. I kinda agree. Some mods are going to be very strict. Some aren't. (One of the new ones forced me to change my signature).

But in truth, if I were a mod, I would be as "bad". I have a no fucking about attitude to management, and would have permabanned many of the fools on these forums long ago if I had the power to do so.
    yes yes we can already see your tattered self-respect revolves around this forum by just looking at your 'internets' counter

/pity

Deleted

I think one of the major issues is that MMO didn't have very many moderators before the new batch came around. While the global mods surely did their work, they weren't as visible. The new mods are those who are particular active in their respective forum (for the most part), so the community generally knows them. And when moderation goes from secret, invisible stuff, to out in the open with visible moderators, then for one reason or another, people start noticing them.

Obviously, I am biased because, well, I'm one of those childish yet strict new moderators. But we are no different from other people on the forum, except that we have taken it upon us to keep the forums clean and in line with the rules. What people must remember, is that there is a fine thread in all of our moderation - we don't just do it at random or "because we want to". We have our guidelines for locking and banning, and we talk together as much as we can when we are unsure. These are the rules and procedures on the forum you participate in, and those are probably not going to change.

If you think that a thread has been locked for no reason, then go ahead and ask a moderator to look into it. If you know of someone who was banned without propable cause, then let them know how they can complain. We are generally not going to be upset that someone has a complaint, as long as we can talk on an even footing. Sure, we might not jump up and change the rules for you, but we are still people. We can talk with you, hear your thoughts, and take them into consideration. But our main priority is to make sure that the rules and the guidelines we have gotten are followed.

Such as the rule about "Discussing disciplinary actions, moderators or Moderator actions" in public threads. Sorry, but this is not the place for it - too many chefs, you know. We are going to lock this thread, but if you want to, give me a PM and ill look things over.

Qieth, druid/game mod

Deleted

As previously stated, if you have any complaints or issues with forum moderation please PM myself or another administrator about it.