Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Just wondering how close we are to seeing a world first and just how hard this guy is. What's the furthest phase the top guilds have gotten to on him?

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,936

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    I don't think we will know before he's actually dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  3. #3

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Nah, don't think any of the top end guys will reveal it, as other top end guilds will know if they have an advantage or something then

  4. #4

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    I doubt any of the top guilds would tell us how far they have gotten. Each guild is competing for a world first heroic kill so they surely don't want their rivals to have info on progress.

  5. #5

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter
    I doubt any of the top guilds would tell us how far they have gotten. Each guild is competing for a world first heroic kill so they surely don't want their rivals to have info on progress.
    this makes no sense. If one guild simply says "we've got him down to about 40%" How is that IN ANY WAY helping out the competition?

    They arent saying
    "Valks do this differently on HM and therefore should be dealt with like this, also, 40%"

    So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,936

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth
    this makes no sense. If one guild simply says "we've got him down to about 40%" How is that IN ANY WAY helping out the competition?

    They arent saying
    "Valks do this differently on HM and therefore should be dealt with like this, also, 40%"

    So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.
    Perhaps the other top guilds would be frightened and level up more alts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  7. #7

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth
    this makes no sense. If one guild simply says "we've got him down to about 40%" How is that IN ANY WAY helping out the competition?

    They arent saying
    "Valks do this differently on HM and therefore should be dealt with like this, also, 40%"

    So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.
    It's not the strategy changes it's simply, "Hey, our best attempt was better than their best attempt". It's a confidence booster really, I don't see how that doesn't make sense.
    Opinions are immunities from being told you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrosh
    I have purchased some Burger King for all the Horde.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

    Critical Healing Effect: When the paladin gets a crit on a heal, it will heal for more.
    The amount of damage a player can inflict upon enemies is determined by the amount of times, and placement of the letter X in the player's username. For example, a player with four instances of the letter X will be able to do substantially more damage that a player with only one X.

  8. #8

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth
    this makes no sense. If one guild simply says "we've got him down to about 40%" How is that IN ANY WAY helping out the competition?

    They arent saying
    "Valks do this differently on HM and therefore should be dealt with like this, also, 40%"

    So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.
    It actually tells you quite a bit. If other guilds aren't able to get to a certain percent using their tactics and another guild is then they'd start looking into other possible tactics that said guild is benefiting from and is why they have him further down. They'd look at raid composition and other things just to find out what tactics a further progressed guild is using to see if they can take advantage of it themselves. So yes there is a reason these guilds won't announce anything until he's down because any information you give out, no matter how mundane it may seem to laymans, could be of use to other guilds.

  9. #9

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda
    Perhaps the other top guilds would be frightened and level up more alts?
    Haha, made me smile
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aegwynn&cn=Zerate

  10. #10

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    23% at enrage.

  11. #11

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Any bets on if the world first kill will utilize the new 5% buff or not?
    Constructs in *my* raid?

    It's more likely than you think.

  12. #12

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    Any bets on if the world first kill will utilize the new 5% buff or not?
    Highly probable. However, it probably will not be one of the top 2-3 guilds using it, as they'll probably keep to their attempts without it for the pride factor.

  13. #13

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Of course they will just to claim world first. Than someone else will do it without the buff and claim 'real' world first because they didn't use it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

  14. #14

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    Any bets on if the world first kill will utilize the new 5% buff or not?
    I certainly hope not, but it's possible sadly.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

  15. #15

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Highly probable. However, it probably will not be one of the top 2-3 guilds using it, as they'll probably keep to their attempts without it for the pride factor.
    Of course they will just to claim world first. Than someone else will do it without the buff and claim 'real' world first because they didn't use it.
    That was along the lines of what I was thinking, too. I'm sure much drama will ensue regarding a buffed kill and an unbuffed kill. Of course, if what the poster above said about 23% at enrage is true, I wonder if we'll even see a buffed kill until the buff gets to 10 or 15%. Sure as Hell won't involve me or my guild, but it'll be fun to see what happens!
    Constructs in *my* raid?

    It's more likely than you think.

  16. #16

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Well, if 23 is true that's only 13 to go. With upgrades clearing to him this week plus the buff that will be close to a kill. I'd be surprised if we don't see a kill this week. 5% mire damage and 15 more attempts.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

  17. #17

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Of course they will just to claim world first. Than someone else will do it without the buff and claim 'real' world first because they didn't use it.
    This.

    Bets on one of the 2 guilds in that situation being Ensidia?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

  18. #18

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    I wouldn't mind if we need the support of our faction leaders to beat the lich king (and I mean in his true form i.e. heroic)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  19. #19

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    I wouldn't mind if we need the support of our faction leaders to beat the lich king (and I mean in his true form i.e. heroic)
    Yeah, it sort-of seems appropriate that the strength of individuals alone can't defeat The Lich King.
    Constructs in *my* raid?

    It's more likely than you think.

  20. #20

    Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth

    So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.
    You're sick of seeing it?

    They're in no way obliged to tell you anything, and it's hilarious that this makes you angry.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •