Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    23% at enrage.
    USE MORE SARONITE BOMBS DAMN ... AND STOP MAKING ME ASK FABINI.

I doubt we'll ever see a 25 man kill without the buff(barring any bored level 85s in full 85 epics, of course). The hard mode encounter was obviously tuned with at least the 10-15% version of the buff in mind.

Guilds who get him down on 25 and come into 10 man with full HM25 gear will probably at some point do 10 man without the buff, but I don't think he's possible on 25 man without a couple stacks of the buff with the available gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    They're in no way obliged to tell you anything, and it's hilarious that this makes you angry.
    I find it hilarious that you actually thought he became angry.

If any top guilds revealed how far they've gotten it could tell information to other rival guilds. Would it be a ground-breaking informatipn? No. Every little bit helps though.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Deleted

imo u will need at least 3 stacks of the buff to kill LK on hard mode

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    23% at enrage.
    Antik, <Vodka>'s top mage just replied that they have LK down to 23% before they met his enrage timer. From my understanding, killing the Valkyrs is pivotal to the encounter, and the faster they can kill them, the more dps time they get on the boss. I'm going to say that we should see a kill with the 10% buff, though possibly with the 15% buff in the week of March 9th (as they have had almost 2 months to gain gear from Hardmode ICC 25 player.)

There's two things i cant grasp in the whole HMLK25 thing...

1) "Using the buff on a world first is not worthy". As far as i know, top guilds will use WHATEVER buff they can get their hands on to get no matter how small an increase in their success rate. Saying they arent going to use it is pretty stupid imo. Once he's down and a guild killed it, said guild might try to execute one without the buff afterward.

2) "He's probably not doable without the buff" . Because Yogg0 looked more doable? It took 79 days after Yogg1 death to kill. And this encounter's in the same boat.

Would you do a progression fight without flask? without fort/mark/kings ? No, of course not. Then how is the ICC Buff any different?

Saying that a kill is only "legit" if done without the buff, we're going back to the Flame Leviathan problem of "World First 3man'd controlled by 1 person while using only 4 demo and a chopper while wearing blues"

"Legit Lich King 25man Hardmode kill done without the icc buff, without anyone using flasks, food buffs or any racial or class buffs, without any draenei in the party and with the hunter specced out of Trueshot aura"

Really?

/endrant
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    There's two things i cant grasp in the whole HMLK25 thing...

1) "Using the buff on a world first is not worthy". As far as i know, top guilds will use WHATEVER buff they can get their hands on to get no matter how small an increase in their success rate. Saying they arent going to use it is pretty stupid imo. Once he's down and a guild killed it, said guild might try to execute one without the buff afterward.

2) "He's probably not doable without the buff" . Because Yogg0 looked more doable? It took 79 days after Yogg1 death to kill. And this encounter's in the same boat.

Would you do a progression fight without flask? without fort/mark/kings ? No, of course not. Then how is the ICC Buff any different?

Saying that a kill is only "legit" if done without the buff, we're going back to the Flame Leviathan problem of "World First 3man'd controlled by 1 person while using only 4 demo and a chopper while wearing blues"
    Completely agree.

People whining about the buff are simply acting retarded or trolls. Even if people had the 30% buff right now, what would it matter? Classes will be nerfed and given upgrades as well changing the numbers. As well as with every reset passing by those guilds will slowly gear every player up to 277item level gear all around. One way or another, their getting 'buffs' and EVERYONE is benefiting from them so it's in no way unfair or demeaning.

Who remembers doing Dire Maul tribute runs, turning on Nef or Ony's head, ect to get a heads up on the competition? I do.

FFS people, 2 guilds have kill him on 10 man and you're spouting off nonsense about people skipping out on the buff to beat him.

My guess is a H 25 man LK kill buffless won't happen until they nerf his hp by 30% a la 4.0 cataclysm supernerf.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    Who remembers doing Dire Maul tribute runs, turning on Nef or Ony's head, ect to get a heads up on the competition? I do.

FFS people, 2 guilds have kill him on 10 man and you're spouting off nonsense about people skipping out on the buff to beat him.

My guess is a H 25 man LK kill buffless won't happen until they nerf his hp by 30% a la 4.0 cataclysm supernerf.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the 30% damage healing and health increase the same thing except it isn't all at once?

Any new news on this topic? Would be great to know :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the 30% damage healing and health increase the same thing except it isn't all at once?
    Not at all. 30% buff to healing, health, and dmg is not even close to a 30% nerf of the bosses. I won't argue which one is "better", since the point of each is the same. The inevitable outcome of what blizzard is trying to reach is the same, everyone having the opportunity to see/kill the boss, but the way it changes the fight is much different. IMO

If in 4.0 they do a wide sweeping nerf of all bosses like they did with 3.0 well, 30% player buff + 30% boss nerf, fights will be about as difficult Utgarde Keep is currently. Lol, ICC would be easier than it preceding WotLK raids.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I heard Paragon got him to 0%.

Exodus just killed him with 10% buff but he despawned. Expect official kill and US 1st tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Chip2828
    Exodus just killed him with 10% buff but he despawned. Expect official kill and US 1st tomorrow
    I demand to hear the vent on that kill!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

lmao you have no idea...

10+ Year Old Account

wtf did he bubble hearth O_o
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Considering their only proof is stating that they did it? Yea, let's see if that makes the front page.

Was it on their last attempt? Without any sort of hard evidence, it sounds pretty sketchy.

"Yea, we we totally got Heroic Lich King down to 10% on our last attempt for the week, but he despawned. So.. can we have our achievements and loot now?"

And if it wasn't their last attempt and they can't recreate it, then it must have been dumb luck..

or it didn't happen.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Blizzard can't reward achievements/titles. For example if you died in a Algalon fight and realsed your spirit but your raid still killed him you would not be rewarded the title or achievement, your just told don't make the same mistake next lockout.