Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: CLCRet/FCFS question

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    well that's interesting, I'm 2pt T9 and only 1pt T10 but my best rotation according to rawr is:

J > DS > CS > HoW > Cons > Exo
    Same. I would have to guess that there was a point in the inflation of gear levels that the amount of Str we walk around with (raid buffed) beats out the HoW 99% crit chance of 7-8k.

Belf. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Should be Judge - CS - DS - HoW - Cons - Exo in 4p t10. You weren't just looking at the default rotation in Rawr were you? You have to edit it manually to see what's highest (i.e. move the spells up and down in priority).
    this is not true. DS is always ahead of CS when you have at least 2pc T10.

You also have to consider that in ICC against undead, single target, Exo pulls ahead of consecration, especially when you consider the mana issues of T10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Rawr disagrees with you, sorry (on both counts actually). If you have some proof besides EJ's priority lists I'd love to see it. I tend to trust math
    I'm at work posting on my Iphone, but to throw around some common sense reasoning...

FCFS is established by damage in relation to the ability cooldown. With 2pc T10, modeling the RNG portion as a flat 40% reduced cooldown, that takes DS to an equivalent cooldown (10 seconds - 40% = 6 seconds) with CS. Then you take into consideration the haste you have on gear or though other benefits such as heroism and speed pots, and you have a clear winner. More damage, less cooldown. If you don't keep it on cooldown, you're losing dps and defeating the purpose of even having T10.

As far as exorcism goes, I'd need some real numbers in front of me, which I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    I'm at work posting on my Iphone, but to throw around some common sense reasoning...

FCFS is established by damage in relation to the ability cooldown. With 2pc T10, modeling the RNG portion as a flat 40% reduced cooldown, that takes DS to an equivalent cooldown (10 seconds - 40% = 6 seconds) with CS. Then you take into consideration the haste you have on gear or though other benefits such as heroism and speed pots, and you have a clear winner. More damage, less cooldown. If you don't keep it on cooldown, you're losing dps and defeating the purpose of even having T10.

As far as exorcism goes, I'd need some real numbers in front of me, which I don't have.
    well as I said further up the page, rawr disagrees with the theorycrafting. in addition, rawr puts DS ahead of CS for me without 2pT10 bonus. I only have the shoulders and I'm getting ~100dps from going DS > CS. so either there's a mistake in the theorycrafting, or in the rawr model.