Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What is the point of the Random Battleground Finder?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol
    What horrible battlegroups do you guys play on to hate the idea this much? On my BG(Reckoning-EU), we fight to keep the bases in Eye of the Storm. We decide upon a gate in Strands and charge that gate with sieges, the rest of us keeping the alliance awa, and when they attack, we keep the others oriented on where the allies are headed and run there to defend. AB is a bit of a chaotic field of fighting to hold every base on the map, but meh, it's kinda fun that way as the alliance does the same. When AV changed into zerg-or-be-zerged the tactic of sending 5-10 guys with nice CCs/AoE CCs and shit to Drekkyboy was quickly invented and adapted to. The coordination in between the players is usually awesome. And for the record, I've NEVER played a premade BG 'cept for a few times I randomly got into one.

Can it really be THAT different in other battlegroups? I'm at a rough 50-60% winning rate, differs from BG to BG(as there's just not enough allies that wants to play Eye or Isle), but most of the popular ones are at 50%. Just curious, do you use /bg? Talk with your teammates? Because some people just don't know that you need to defend your flag in WSG(yeh, I've seen 80s with the blue flag in the red base saying "why can't I cap the flag???" when the red flag is in the midfield or somewhere) or other tactics. Learn the newbies what to do, just like you learn the newbies tactics on raid bosses instead of just throwing'em in to poke Putricide with their daggers and spells.

You play WoW. You've prolly played WoW for a while to be one of those who have a clue about what needs to be done. You know just as well as I do that the phrase "common sense" is irony in its purest form. Learn them common sense. Win the games. Personally, I can't wait for my short queues and actually being able to play a real game of Isle of Conquest. <3
    you play horde. that's the difference.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

No way if faction is the reason. You even read my post? Yea, it was a wall of text,but if you wanna comment on it... 50-60% win/lose rate means ally has 40-50% win/lose rate. The ones we destroy are usually those allies don't join, when we get a 15 vs 10 start in Eye or when it's 40 vs 25 in Isle the whole battle. I really won't believe that the Alliance has no /bg to shout advice into. They don't listen? Shout 'til they do in a way that makes them.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Is it already implemented in the US? That's cool, i guess we'll get it tomorrow in the EU then.

Well lucky you Zhargol, I play in that same battlegroup and all I see in AB is constant farm rushes, and constant farm losses from alliance.
    They will repeatedly rush farm and lose 1 or more others in the process, with no understanding that holding 3 is more important than travelling half way across the map to not gain anything.
    Similar story in eye of the storm with flag rushes when we have only 1 tower, with a win rate of if I bothered to stick them all out instead of leaving early maybe 1 in 5 if not 1 in 10.
    There should be no honor gains from random kills, as simple as that.
    If you are not within range of an objective then killing should give you no benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol
    What horrible battlegroups do you guys play on to hate the idea this much? On my BG(Reckoning-EU), we fight to keep the bases in Eye of the Storm. We decide upon a gate in Strands and charge that gate with sieges, the rest of us keeping the alliance awa, and when they attack, we keep the others oriented on where the allies are headed and run there to defend. AB is a bit of a chaotic field of fighting to hold every base on the map, but meh, it's kinda fun that way as the alliance does the same. When AV changed into zerg-or-be-zerged the tactic of sending 5-10 guys with nice CCs/AoE CCs and shit to Drekkyboy was quickly invented and adapted to. The coordination in between the players is usually awesome. And for the record, I've NEVER played a premade BG 'cept for a few times I randomly got into one.

Can it really be THAT different in other battlegroups? I'm at a rough 50-60% winning rate, differs from BG to BG(as there's just not enough allies that wants to play Eye or Isle), but most of the popular ones are at 50%. Just curious, do you use /bg? Talk with your teammates? Because some people just don't know that you need to defend your flag in WSG(yeh, I've seen 80s with the blue flag in the red base saying "why can't I cap the flag???" when the red flag is in the midfield or somewhere) or other tactics. Learn the newbies what to do, just like you learn the newbies tactics on raid bosses instead of just throwing'em in to poke Putricide with their daggers and spells.

You play WoW. You've prolly played WoW for a while to be one of those who have a clue about what needs to be done. You know just as well as I do that the phrase "common sense" is irony in its purest form. Learn them common sense. Win the games. Personally, I can't wait for my short queues and actually being able to play a real game of Isle of Conquest. <3
    Hell yeah! Reckoning EU Horde side ftw! <3333

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    That means all the 2k+ rated players rocking full relentless//wrathful will be stuck with all the questing//levelling green peeps. Were that to happen I'd stop BGing altogether.
    it already happens you retard.... you cant see who you are grouping with unless you want to organize a good premade and wait 30 minutes of queue to fight a 5 minutes battle...
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

But what will happend with marks that we already have?They are going to be deleted or stay until u spend them i dunno on items ( talking about low level items )?
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0lle
    In Soviet Russia fish feast eats YOU!

It's to help bring more activity to the non-classic battlegrounds (eots, sota, ioc) instead of everyone in AV and WSG. Hopefully this will help out alliance side in the Whirlwind battlegroup. We suck at everything except AV. I have never won a WSG on my druid. We have NEVER capped a flag in WSG in the bgs I was in on my druid. I hope with the random bgs, people will be more willing to actually try to win.

Also, you can't do a full premade, as I believe you can only queue in a group of 5 if my memory is correct. And the smallest bg raid is 10 (wsg).

As for marks we already have, they stay there after this is implemented, but you can turn them in for honor until you reach 0

you play horde. that's the difference.
    I don't know about that, I'm at a 60% win rate on alliance. I think it depends on your battle group. I pretty much only run AB, WSG, and EotS though, because I really dislike the rest of them, which may also impact win %. And I don't ditch any BG, no matter how badly it's going, unless my wife catches me playing or my boss calls

i really LIKE the random que idea and all.

But i've been que'd with random groups from the start of all this, and i honestly don't want a random que for IoC or SoTA.... They take a little more organization, and chances are i'll end up with noobs who don't know the BG at all, and it'll just be a waste of time.

Atleast AB and WSG are simple enough a baby can do them... luckily....

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    it already happens you retard.... you cant see who you are grouping with unless you want to organize a good premade and wait 30 minutes of queue to fight a 5 minutes battle...
    Watch yourself before you throw insults around like a 3rd grader. That not what he means.

Sure, with the way Battlegrounds work now, a 2k+ player may get stuck with people just starting to gear up, that happens purely by accident. Most of the time you queue for BGs now, you'll AT LEAST find people in Welfare T9 or Furious gear.

The way the poster WOULDN'T want it to happen would to be to take the highest geared people, and place a poorly geared player to make up for the high-geared player, intentionally gimping your group to make you play with "noobs", as you might say.

AIM/Yahoo: JennixCorexo

Quote Originally Posted by clicktospam
    But what will happend with marks that we already have?They are going to be deleted or stay until u spend them i dunno on items ( talking about low level items )?
    All old PvP marks can now be turned in for 2k honor each

Take a look at this:

http://www.wow.com/2010/02/26/patch-...rk-conversion/

What is the point of the Random Battleground Finder?
    Put self in Random BG queue.
    Let the tool take away your 20 minutes of waiting.
    Take honour and repeat.

Pretty obvious if you ask me.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

chances are i'll end up with noobs who don't know the BG at all, and it'll just be a waste of time
    There's a VERY simple solution to this. Teach, don't bitch.

Not everyone will listen, but some people probably will, and over time, your BG will have more and more competent people. The more competent people there are in the BG, the easier it will be to teach those that still need guidance. Complaining, however, just turns people off and makes them harder to reach and less willing to listen.

just a tip for people who are trying to grind out honor that aren't doing it casually. BG's are currently still giving marks, and the honor turn in is i believe about 1200 honor for each turn in. if you can swallow running bg's you hate, the honor gains are much more significant if you try for the marks turn in than just grinding them, even if its a BG holiday BG.

i don't know what the deal is with the patch notes saying they won't reward marks anymore, but i know i was still earning marks last night. i truly hope they don't take that out since its MUCH faster than just grinding bg's or a holiday one.