Deleted

60 twinking = vanilla acc?

Hello there on the other side of the screen!

I've been leveling a rogue to have as a twink at 60, but I heard some guys saying in an AV match that to be able to quene up for 60 AV and stuff like that when you've stopped your exp gain you need to just have a vanilla acc, that is no BC nor WLK. I can't remember exactly what they said but it was something in that general direction, and was wondering if it was true? Would suck to know I've leveled 57 levels for naught.. And if that indeed is the case, can I still use enchants from bc and wlk at all? Like berserking, mongoose, epic leg enchant from HH rep and stuff like that.. I would really appreciate any answers you guyn n' gals might have

Peace! <3

Re: 60 twinking = vanilla acc?

Well, they would be pretty shitty twinks getting wrecked by people in outlands gear.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

You just need to go to the vendor to turn your XP off once you reach your desired level otherwise you will gain xp in th BG and eventually level. However if you turn off your XP its my understanding you will only face competetors who have done the same. To get around this and play against regular players with your twink you will require a vanilla account that cant level beyond 60 by default without needing to turn off xp.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow
    You just need to go to the vendor to turn your XP off once you reach your desired level otherwise you will gain xp in th BG and eventually level. However if you turn off your XP its my understanding you will only face competetors who have done the same. To get around this and play against regular players with your twink you will require a vanilla account that cant level beyond 60 by default without needing to turn off xp.
    Naw I didn't mean it like that :P What is the fun in pwning people in questing/boa gear trying to level? It's more fun to meet somewhat equally geared people for more of a challenge!

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe that was what they meant? They could've misunderstood and thought I didn't want to turn off the exp gain hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by lifesavers
    so could I hit 80 by just running BGs on a vanilla account?
    no, you need bc+wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Augi
    Hello there on the other side of the screen!

I've been leveling a rogue to have as a twink at 60, but I heard some guys saying in an AV match that to be able to quene up for 60 AV and stuff like that when you've stopped your exp gain you need to just have a vanilla acc, that is no BC nor WLK. I can't remember exactly what they said but it was something in that general direction, and was wondering if it was true? Would suck to know I've leveled 57 levels for naught.. And if that indeed is the case, can I still use enchants from bc and wlk at all? Like berserking, mongoose, epic leg enchant from HH rep and stuff like that.. I would really appreciate any answers you guyn n' gals might have

Peace! <3
    It has to be on a vanilla account, otherwise you'll have to turn your XP off to face other players - and these players will also have their XP off. If you use a vanilla account, there is no other way to accrue XP, so you're essentially hard capped.

To answer your other question, you can use most enchants and whatnot. Here's a couple of my crappy twinks:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rius&n=Waddler
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...us&n=Luminator

Note that the warrior can't play in BGs, but it is fun for arenas and pveing with XP off (it tagged along when I was leveling my vanilla account, so in essence was a free twink. You won't see draenei twinks due to needing BC to create one.).

thanks for making this post. I have a similar doubt, so ill post it here instead of making a new post.

I just bought the recruit a friend service to level a paladin to 60 and keep it at that lvl to do old content, in a guild that is lvl60 only

my doubt is: I associated the recruited account to my battle.net (still 2 separate accounts).

I did NOT upgrade it to BC or WOTLK. Do i have to turn off the exp gain? (i think not but can some1 confirm this please)

And can i have access to bc/wotlk enchants?

Cheers in advance

Hugs
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Luminair
    It has to be on a vanilla account, otherwise you'll have to turn your XP off to face other players - and these players will also have their XP off. If you use a vanilla account, there is no other way to accrue XP, so you're essentially hard capped.

To answer your other question, you can use most enchants and whatnot. Here's a couple of my crappy twinks:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rius&n=Waddler
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...us&n=Luminator

Note that the warrior can't play in BGs, but it is fun for arenas and pveing with XP off (it tagged along when I was leveling my vanilla account, so in essence was a free twink. You won't see draenei twinks due to needing BC to create one.).
    Cheers for the answer, but perhaps I wasn't as clear as I thought I was in my op, I plan on killing my exp gain when I reach 60 :P Sorry about the confusion, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Insanus
    Do i have to turn off the exp gain? (i think not but can some1 confirm this please)

And can i have access to bc/wotlk enchants?
    No, you don't, and yes, with the exception of shoulder enchants.

Sadly if you want to be able to bg at 60 you will need a vanilla capped account or you will never get a BG to pop. Once you turn off xp on a non capped account you will only be able to que with other twinks and there are not many that activly play. With a capped qcc you don't have to turn off xp so you can pvp all ou want. I have a friend pally on a capped acc with the " of the alliance " title

Quote Originally Posted by Luminair
    No, you don't, and yes, with the exception of shoulder enchants.
    Much appreciated for the fast and helpful reply.

You are in my good graces now!

COOKIES FOR YOU!!!!!!!
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Cheers for the answer, but perhaps I wasn't as clear as I thought I was in my op, I plan on killing my exp gain when I reach 60 :P Sorry about the confusion, hehe
    If you didn't level the character on a vanilla account, you will not get games if you turn your XP gain off. There simply aren't enough people queuing.

Something else to note - you can use a free 10 day trial of BC to get access to all of the Ramparts gear, and Hellfire quest items that you want. Just turn your XP off for the time being, and after the 10 days, turn it back on. You'll have access to all of the BC items and still be XP capped.

You can turn off your exp, but good luck getting queues. Any people who want to twink at 60 are on vanilla only accounts, so that they can queue normally. The XP Off bgs are empty, and the queue times are astronomically long. Actually, I don't think I've ever had a queue pop for me with xp off when I was leveling my priest.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bebhell
    Sadly if you want to be able to bg at 60 you will need a vanilla capped account or you will never get a BG to pop. Once you turn off xp on a non capped account you will only be able to que with other twinks and there are not many that activly play. With a capped qcc you don't have to turn off xp so you can pvp all ou want. I have a friend pally on a capped acc with the " of the alliance " title
    The thing is though, I talked to another guy who are on the same BG as I am, and he says there's plenty of bg's at 60 when you've killed the exp gain, but I guess I'll have to see how it is once I reach 60 myself

Edit: Btw, if I stop my exp now at 57, will I go to the same bg's as the ones who stopped at 60? Might be nice to be able to check the quenes and stuff

The thing is though, I talked to another guy who are on the same BG as I am, and he says there's plenty of bg's at 60 when you've killed the exp gain, but I guess I'll have to see how it is once I reach 60 myself

Edit: Btw, if I stop my exp now at 57, will I go to the same bg's as the ones who stopped at 60? Might be nice to be able to check the quenes and stuff
    you would only be put in the same wee for av and I have only seen 1 all capped AV since 3.2, will have to wait till sixty to try wsg / ab

Deleted

when you ding 60 on your vanilla account, go upgrade to a 10 day tbc trial, then you can go to outlands and get gear from ramparts and quests etc, and not level beyond 60 anyway :> but you have to hurry, and if you plan on doing it on several chars, dont get the trial until you're ready to twink out all your chars.

You need a vanilla account to be able to play any 60 games at all, which will unfortunately be full of crappy people to faceroll so you will, depending on your battlegroup not get to play any fun games with equally geared players. Altough in my battlegroup (Blackout EU) I know there is a couple of active 60 twinks with that legendary 2h mace etc, so I guess you would get to play against at least some twinks.

So yes, your rogue has been lvled for nothing unless you want to get a tbc or vanilla guild and raid with it. Also, it is possible to get TBC gear with the TBC free trial that lasts for a couple of days. But no real twinks does that

Good luck

btw, check out www.twinkinfo.com to find out which battlegroup suits you if you don't want to give up twinking just because of this

ps. (new posts got posted while I wrote) there is NO such thing as active alterac valley for XP off.

Deleted

Looks like I indeed will have to go buy myself another account tomorrow, I tried stopping my exp to at least look at the AV quene time, which showed Unavailable.. Not really a good sign I guess :/ But let me then ask another question, there was something about 90 days free gametime on my new acc if I do RAF, is this really the case?

Looks like I indeed will have to go buy myself another account tomorrow, I tried stopping my exp to at least look at the AV quene time, which showed Unavailable.. Not really a good sign I guess :/ But let me then ask another question, there was something about 90 days free gametime on my new acc if I do RAF, is this really the case?
    RAF the capped acc and get a free zebra and gametime

Deleted

Thanks for the help everyone, you've been awesome! It's better to KNOW I've been royally screwed than to be uncertain, that's for sure :P Funny thing is I've also been leveling a warrior with the same goal in mind, which is at 54 currently xD Oh well, I like to level, so what the heck? Love ya'll!