Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Two-Healing ICC10 as Holy

Me as Holy and a Paladin heal most of ICC

We have our Kitty Druid go Resto for a few fights tho - Dreamwalker (As holy is terrible at this plus I am renew spec so I am even worse due to taking no single target healing talents) and Sindragosa.

Bloody Princes is hard but do-able, Same for Queen.

I am thinking of changing my spec for 10 mans to a more cookie cutter build tho - I am using flash heal in there more than I ever have!

We have not downed Lich King yet tho - At the moment we are atempting it with Me as Disc, Holy Paladin and Resto Druid

All healers (maybe except Healadin) can 2 heal ICC with another holy pally, since its insanely OP in 10m. Due to lower tank damage in 10m content, a holy pally properly geared and talented should be able solo heal 2 tanks by himself throughout the fight, thus leave the another healer focus on pure raid healing. The story is different if there is no pal present, as both healers must take part in tankhealing duty. Being weak at sustained tank healing, holy priest will suffer. Again, Im talking from my own experience in pure 10m and craft gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I thought that since I was Disc and generally limited by gcd's (even maximizing use out of Borrowed Time) I might be able to solve this problem by trying out Holy. I'm getting the feeling that I'm correct.
    I would say you're wrong and right. In 10 man Disc will synergize better than Holy with any other healer class if that other class is being played well - it will synergize worse if that healer class is being played badly.

What I mean by this is that even in 10s a disc priest isn't really a tank healer but (bad) resto druids and shaman will tend to assume that you are gonna do tanks while they do raid. Good resto druids/shaman will know that they have better sustained tank hps and will let you float between tank burst and raid.

Since all but the very worst players know that holy priests aren't tank healers anymore the issue doesn't arise there There are only a couple of fights where my disco priest (or my disco partner when I'm on my pally) goes holy, BQ, Sindragosa and Valithria basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryte

Priests, both holy and disc are underpar to other healing classes atm, thanks to Blizzard. But I'd say you are best of staying on tank heals. my 2c
    Wrong, priests are fine as both specs when played correctly and can compete with the other classes.
    When you 2 heal, one isnt just dedicated to tank or raid healing, it's a group effort.
    You both do everything.
    Keep Renew on the Tank, Flash filler.
    PoM Tank.
    CoH and PoH raid damage.
    To be honest in 10 man, there isnt much tank damage to be had other than festergut.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Wrong, priests are fine as both specs when played correctly and can compete with the other classes.
    Out of curiousity which healer classes do you play in icc-10?

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Out of curiousity which healer classes do you play in icc-10?
    Disc/Holy Priest Mainly.
    I go shadow on some hardmodes.
    Mostly disc on all fights except blood queen, sindragosa, and valithira dreamwalker.
    I heal with a resto druid.

I run a holy pally and holy priest (me) combo in ICC 10 and we have no problems on most fights. We two heal almost everything and we have great synergy. If you trust your other healer, it smooths out alot of the rough edges in raiding. We do have a ele/resto shaman kicker for heals on dreamwalker and sindragosa. We could probably two heal dreamwalker but we like the cushion it provides as DPS isn't an issue. After me getting iceblocked in P3 of Sindragosa and causing a wipe, I demanded a third healer due to RNG on that fight.

We are working on the LK now with me as disc, but it is a grueling process to play disc in holy gear.

10+ Year Old Account

For me its more about the person than the class.

There are two druids and one resto shammy in our guild I just love to heal with. Good synergy and we never have a problem. Although I hate asking the resto druid to tank heal because they are so very good at raid.

I wouldn't mind a Holy Paladin either because I would very rarely have to worry about tanks.

Fights I find make holy less desirable.

Blood Princes (Most raid damage is unavoidable but Tanks get hit really hard at various times), Valrithea (I raid heal while two others go in the portal)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryte
    hm, sorry but I haven't played priest since TBC and when I did it was shadow for me.

about healing assignments..

Raid healer Druid, Shaman, Priest, Paladin

Tank healer Paladin, Shaman, Priest, Druid

Priests, both holy and disc are underpar to other healing classes atm, thanks to Blizzard. But I'd say you are best of staying on tank heals. my 2c
    OMG no. Druids are the 2nd best tank healer after Pallies, not the worst.

Tank healer Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Disc Priest, Holy Priest

this a real question ? paladin/anything can two heal ICC 10 normal modes. with the acception of LK that is.

dont go holy. disc wins hands down regardless of encounter. PWShield buffed by disc talents > CoH. You just pre-shield when you know raid damage is coming and problem solved.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran
    You should be able to heal it with a Shaman or a Druid companion pretty nicely, but just know that once you get to Sindragosa, you're going to have to go 3-healing. Sindragosa isn't possible to 2-heal unless you have amazing luck. Even if the two of you are the most geared, most skilled players there are, Sindragosa will require 3-healing.
    my guild two heals sind every week in 10 man, accept when we did hard mode attempts this week. Holy paladin / druid.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Nothing compensates for another healers inadequacies like a tree druid.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm two-healing ICC with a paladin, no problems here. Don't know why there should be any. The only bosses where we go for a third healer are BQ, Sindragosa and Valithria (for obvious reasons). Everything else is nicely manageable with just 2 people. (Normal mode, didn't have a chance to try heroic yet)

The magic words are: communication and teamwork :>
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara