Disc on Blood Queen Low on absorbs??

Hello. Normally at the pulsing damage fights, my absorbs are phenominally high. Especially something like twins, or Putri. However, at queen, neither Skada nor World of Logs seems to count them as being worth much.

Does anybody know why? From top to bottom in a pulsing damage fight makes me worry a bit. Mainly because of one of my guildies spamming "DO WE HAVE A DISC PRIEST IN THE RAID" whilst I'm trying my hardest to keep them shielded but remaining very low on numbers.

Predicting damage - the right way.

Re: Disc on Blood Queen Low on absorbs??

Learn to play? You shouldn't be raid bubbling until the third bite. Her AOE scales with the number of active vampires. You shouldn't be surprised that you're doing poorly when you don't grasp how to implement your spec properly in a fight.

Oh and by the way... Twins doesn't allow you to properly track absorbs, logs were and are bugged for that fight due to Light/Dark Essence.

Thanks for the reply. Rude and unnecessary comments but helpful. Also may I see your disc priest world of logs for that fight please?

Our logs aren't public, but you can check any number of top logs for it here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ipline_Priest/

Keep in mind that WoL will always be +/- 30% on anyone with high PW:S healing on BQ. Don't use WMO, it will generally be ~50% off.

Thank you!!!! This has helped loads. I'll be prepared next time with your advice in mind for sure. I'll also let my friend know.. In one of the best guilds in the world, but making the same mistake I was last night. Sigh..

This can be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Learn to play? You shouldn't be raid bubbling until the third bite. Her AOE scales with the number of active vampires. You shouldn't be surprised that you're doing poorly when you don't grasp how to implement your spec properly in a fight.
    I'm sorry...what?

There is some kind of point where you start spamming shields? you mean as disco you heal another way? flash heal? POH? Might as well be holy then.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

15+ Year Old Account

i think he means spamming them on the entire raid, and not just on tanks, linked people, etc.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...=10591&e=10908

is my recent logs for BQL, this fight is really bad for disci. The damage is kinda too high to allow a precast of PWS at the start of the fight, so you need to play like a holy priest for this. But once the 2 or 3rd rounds of bites goes out , using pws to support the rest of the players becomes more useful and evident.

Also agreeing with more friendly above posters, using pws on link and swarm targets is a good too.

Ps: beware link on yourself, since Disci has low instant heals, you can find yourself taking a dirt nap ( yes im a noob )

Last I knew is because on the 2 pulsing fights you named, any 'absorb' tracking mod doesnt fuction properly

It tracks who last cast an absorb mechanic on the target, and assumes any combat log 'Absorbs' came from that spell.

So on twins, when you're light or dark and absorbing orbs, you get really high estimated absorbs, because the fight bugs out the mod
    Same for Put. When you phase change, the pulsing abom aura goes to absorb mechanic, bugging out the mod

Your absorbs are the same, just the mod fails at reporting on Twins/Put

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    i think he means spamming them on the entire raid, and not just on tanks, linked people, etc.
    ^ This.

It's a bad fight for raid shielding until the third bite. That's just the way it is. Shield the Mages, shield the brain links, shield the tanks and help out with the minor raid damage the fight puts out until air phase, or there are enough bites that the AOE actually hurts. You can also shield bite targets right before the bite, or other clever uses. The idea that you can blanket shield as Disc and be productive didn't work in ToC (except one fight) and doesn't work in ICC (except one fight).

Rude or not, it's what people need to be told: Learn to play your class and stop relying on bugged and inaccurate absorb meters to excuse poor play.

I learn just by being told, not by being looked down upon =p Sadly, some people have thick skulls and actually need the *Tough love* but not me and not many other people. We come here for guidance. I'm not the type to ask for advice and not heed it, unless it looks wrong. I wouldn't have even bothered signing up were that the case. =p

Deleted

To be honest, I have gone holy on BQL every week. While the absorbs are fun, the mindless renew spamming while keeping 2 spells on cooldown I find more effective than shielding.

Disc isn't as great for raid healing just due to the massive raid damage, but it is phenomenal for covering the tanks due to Blood Mirror. Shield Tank A for 4000, and it stops a total of 8000 damage from landing.

Heh yeah, was doing that. I was also preshielding everybody at the beginning because of the pulsing damage.

**Removes palm from forehead**

So much misinformation in this thread. Firstly, harky claiming that the aoe damage scales with the number of bites BQ has done. This is just plain wrong, the aoe damage, aka shroud of sorrow (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70986) is a constant dot on the raid every 2 seconds. You are saying that healing gets MORE difficult further into the fight while actually the opposite is true. The aoe pulse she does stays the same, but while more people are bitten they heal themselves for 10% of damage done, making healing slightly easier as the fight wears on.

You say you should not be raid shielding, and that you should be focusing on healing tanks. Wrong. Holy paladins are made for healing two tanks. It's what they do, and they do it much better than disc priests ever could. I assume you have at least 1 holy palladin in your 25 man raid, and they can keep up both tanks more or less on their own along with hots/shields and a bit of chain heal spam etc. As disc, you should be shielding the raid based on priority (ppl at very low life, linked targets, tanks, people with swaming shadows, people who aren't at full hp, etc), keeping POM on cooldown, penancing people who are very low, binding heal when you are linked, using painsup on bite targets during the air phase, and using divine hymn on either the first or second air phase.

Here's a video of how to correctly heal this fight as discipline. It was the top disc parse on wmo at the time, I got a few hundred higher hps this week after though.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/swmagazi...30/TMLvEQ0wx1g (heroic blood queen)

oh and hi kip ^.^
    {broken signature}

Quote Originally Posted by TiduZ
    So much misinformation in this thread. Firstly, harky claiming that the aoe damage scales with the number of bites BQ has done. This is just plain wrong, the aoe damage, aka shroud of sorrow (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70986) is a constant dot on the raid every 2 seconds. You are saying that healing gets MORE difficult further into the fight while actually the opposite is true. The aoe pulse she does stays the same, but while more people are bitten they heal themselves for 10% of damage done, making
    both of you are somehow right and somehow wrong.

on normal mode the puls aoe is constant, on hardmode it scales up with the nuber of active vampires.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

I guess it says something about "hardmodes" that nobody in my guild seemed to take notice of that. Checking the video, the aoe started off at ~4400/2sec and seconds before enrage was doing about 7100/2sec. Not really a huge increase, and I imagine since more and more people are healing for 10% of their double damage, it doesn't actually get any more difficult overall, just a bit more spiky on the non vampires. Tbh I've done heroic BQ a handful of times and never really noticed the healing change, its pretty negligible. Main difference to the fight is the tight enrage timer.
    {broken signature}