Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzchat on Twitter: Holy Paladins need more spells!

As it said on the frontpage today on mmo-champ, then it seems we are getting more healing spells, rather than a nerf, as we feared!

Q. Is there any info you can share on future plans for holy paladins?
    A. I hear they need more healing spells.

Could it be, that we are finally getting some sort of AoE healing/protection spell(s)?!

Opening up for discussion! :-*
    Sarcasm may be used!
    I am not a thief, I am a pirate! And piracy isn't stealing, it's just good manners sharing!

Re: Blizzchat on Twitter: Holy Paladins need more spells!

They are obviously being Sarcastic :
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

We will get ONE new spell. It will be mediocre at best.

We're like shadow priests. You hit the same buttons for 60 levels. It's what you do with what you have that makes you good.

I like having limited tools to work with and having to make them work in any given situation. If we get a new heal, cool. If we don't, I'm not gonna stop playing my paladin.

ARE WE GETTING A NEW HEALING SPELL!?
    WOW we haven't had a new healing spell since...

since...
    since...
    since...
    since...
    since...
    since...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin
    As it said on the frontpage today on mmo-champ, then it seems we are getting more healing spells, rather than a nerf, as we feared!

Could it be, that we are finally getting some sort of AoE healing/protection spell(s)?!

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

i will laugh at you all if we do get one spell.
    and i will /wrist if we dont

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin

DSAC does that. Its good good good absorbs/raidwall^^
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Holy Paladins are doing extremely well in both PvP and PvE I don't see how they could give us one or several new healing spells without some heavy nerfs elsewhere.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Holy Paladins are doing extremely well in both PvP and PvE I don't see how they could give us one or several new healing spells without some heavy nerfs elsewhere.
    There will be changes and its been obviosu for a while that Blizzard has some issues.

What Holydins need are a couple of more spells, tailored towards group or raid healing. Given the commenst on how overly focussed Holydins are, they'll probably get those. mana efficincey will likely take a hit. And there will be a new mechanism to devalue Ret/Prot healing.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2189
    whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

10+ Year Old Account

Well the main reason all the other healing classes QQ about us healing so much is because of beacon, so they could give us some actual aoe heals & or instant hot's then get rid of that. But I don't see them giving us an actual new heal especially an aoe heal unless it has some hefty mana cost or a short/moderate CD of some sort. Maybe they could do what holy paladins have asked for since vanilla & change one of the bottom tier talents to have it cause consecrate to heal several (like 4 or so) targets who stand in its radius, it has a hefty mana cost decent cool down & would not do its healing all at once anyway.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

my sarcasm detector is imploding!

Well, perhaps it's sarcasm, perhaps it is not. As Blizzard had said before (Althought it's not very true when it comes to min/max your raid) "bring the player, not the class". So my guess goes on, that they will re-design us when Cataclysm is about to hit, so we can do the same as the other healing classes can do, and the other way around! Right now, we will not be picked if a group/raid needs a raid healer, but we will be picked (or a disc priest) if there is a need for a tank healer.

But I guess we will have to wait and see!
    Sarcasm may be used!
    I am not a thief, I am a pirate! And piracy isn't stealing, it's just good manners sharing!

10+ Year Old Account

The issue with Holy Paladins is that they are to be honest overpowered as tank healers but really, really weak as raid healers. To prove this, have you ever had a paladin being raid healer lately? (Unless you only ran with holy paladins ofcourse :P)
    Vol'jin fanboy

Knowing Blizz you might get the Trauma's fountain of light proc as a 51 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    You do know they actually all but spelled it out - paladin healing output and mana efficiency will be nerfed. Most likely very heavily.

Current paladin simply doesn't fit the new vision of having "large health pools that take time to fill and take time to drain". They'd pump the pools full for far too little mana and far too fast. How this will get done is still a mystery, but I suspect that flash of light at least will make a hardcore comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    You do know they actually all but spelled it out - paladin healing output and mana efficiency will be nerfed. Most likely very heavily.
    ALL healing classes mana efficiency will be nerfed. Not just paladins.

And it's been said many times before by Blizzard....the only reason we seem overpowered now, is because we have Beacon. When two tanks are taking massive damage, we can double and triple other healers in output. On fights where beacon is not as useful, we get outhealed every time by other healers. Unless of course you play with terrible healers.

I hope they don't give us an AOE heal. I don't see why we need it. The way things work now is great. On solo tank encounters, I can beacon the tank and help heal the raid....while not as effective as other designated raid healers, a paladin dropping 20k+ heals on select has its merits. On multi tank encounters beacon allows us to excel in the role we were designed for.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

I really hope they will give us new healing spells, but isn't this what they said before wotlk?

Flash of Holy shock

Holy shock but less healing with a lower cooldown!!