Thread: Almost 80

Almost 80

Alrighty, so before I ask a few questions, i just want to make it clear that yes i could have gone to EJ to find this stuff out, but i would prefer to get opinions and information from a community, rather than elitists with an epeen the size of mexico

Basically, I'm a PvE'er, and almost have my troll shaman at level 80
    Im looking into raiding, but i do not see many shamans outside of the resto spec. So Im just curious, what should my off spec be (MS being resto), so which provides higher DPS in raids, elemental or enhance?
    And if possible, could you give a basic rundown of the rotation for the spec, elemental i have an idea as it's how i've leveled, but i've got about -100 clue about enhance
    last but not least, it'd be appreciated if you could link an armory or something of a good raiding shaman, so i can see what i should be gemming for, enchanting for, talents, and glyphs
    thanks in advance

TLDL: point a new raiding shaman in the right direction in terms of talents, glyphs, etc.

Re: Almost 80

Just so you know, MMO Champion is where the elitists with the epeens are. ElitistJerks, despite the name, is where the theorycrafters live - if you go over there, you'll just find very concise guides with numbers and strategies and optimal rotations.

Here, you'll probably just get trolled.

Elemental: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t76510-e...ore_fire_nova/

Enhancement: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t76506-e...t_patch_3_3_a/

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that Elemental doesn't perform as well as Enhancement at the current level of content. I think Elemental may work better for you at lower gear levels, but don't quote me on that, I'm probably wrong.

the reason he will get trolled is because there is a stickie that reads huge enhance/ele/resto help

Boourns
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

I am personally an enhancment shaman and know that the EJ forums for enhancement is no way "elitist jerks" but rather people that post to get information into one easy to reach location so everyone knows how to play that class. You seriously hinder your capabilities to understand your class if you cant log in to EJ and read up.

For someone who is resto main spec you may find elemental a better offspec for the fact that certain pieces of gear you get can be used in both your gear sets where as enhancement is a totally different set of stats.

If you are looking for someone worthwhile to armory you can look up all these toons on the US Vek'Nilash realm from my guild that I can assure you know what they are doing.

Evilgopher (me) - Enhancement
    Zeyther, Pantokrator - Resto (both their offspecs are elemental)
    www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeandbake
    Alrighty, so before I ask a few questions, i just want to make it clear that yes i could have gone to EJ to find this stuff out, but i would prefer to get opinions and information from a community, rather than elitists with an epeen the size of mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    Just so you know, MMO Champion is where the elitists with the epeens are. ElitistJerks, despite the name, is where the theorycrafters live - if you go over there, you'll just find very concise guides with numbers and strategies and optimal rotations.
    The trick to EJ is keeping your mouth shut until you've read and understood all of the topics that already exist about your subjects of curiosity. No one, whether they live on EJ or MMO-Champ, likes answering anyone when the answers were there all along for you to find yourself. And these answers are definitely there for you to find.

Best of luck.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeandbake

Basically, I'm a PvE'er, and almost have my troll shaman at level 80
    Im looking into raiding, but i do not see many shamans outside of the resto spec. So Im just curious, what should my off spec be (MS being resto), so which provides higher DPS in raids, elemental or enhance?
    They provide around the same. I don't understand why people ask this. Next week it might be enhancement, week after it might elemental.
    About glyphs, gems etc, the faq's on this forum will explain. Or the EJ links have it explained.
    Locking this thread as you havn't done any work yourself to get your answer (reading faq's or checking logs of shamans to see which dps is higher).