MM hunter ArP question.

Hi there, I recently changed my hunter to my main after getting it to 80, started gearing it up and until now ive been gemming pure agility because friend told me thats what i should do until i have good enough gear. I was wondering if its time for me to change to gemming ArP now that i have 43.44% ArP and the FoS scorpion.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...il&cn=Naraseel

Heres my armory, let me know what you think and also if theres anything wrong with the character that could be improved based on your experiences/opinions.

PS: Today i changed Glyph of the hawk for kill shot, and i went 1/3 in FA and put the 2 points into rapid recuperation. I know im over capped on hit even with 0/3 in FA but i wanted to keep 1% incase and didnt see any point in going just 1 point into another talent.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Re: MM hunter ArP question.

Gem Armor pen untill you get 722 Arp.

drop the 10 hit 15stam gem in your boots. put a 20 Arp gem there for instance.

Enchant your boots with 12 crit 12 hit. then you will get 263 hit rating (cap)

drop all 3 points in focused aim. put 2 in Rapid recuperation for less time on Aspect of the viper.
    put the last point in either imrpoved hunters mark or efficiency

Ah thats another thing i forgot to mention, i replaced the green gem in the boots to a shifting dreadstone, for the meta gem in my helmet.

And id rather have the nitro boots compared to icewalker.

And im a Draenei so 263 isnt needed for the cap

10+ Year Old Account

change the gem in your boots. put a 21 agility +3% crit damage meta gem in your head!

then all you will need is the Nightmares tear for the meta requirement

Quote Originally Posted by B@nj0 P3do
    Gem Armor pen untill you get 722 Arp.

drop the 10 hit 15stam gem in your boots. put a 20 Arp gem there for instance.

Enchant your boots with 12 crit 12 hit. then you will get 263 hit rating (cap)

drop all 3 points in focused aim. put 2 in Rapid recuperation for less time on Aspect of the viper.
    put the last point in either imrpoved hunters mark or efficiency

This is incorrect, do NOT gem ArP to 722. You should not gem ArP until you are past 800 ArP from gear alone, and at that point you dont want to be using the scorpion trinket anyways.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    This is incorrect, do NOT gem ArP to 722. You should not gem ArP until you are past 800 ArP from gear alone, and at that point you dont want to be using the scorpion trinket anyways.
    Since he has that trinket, it would be a dps increase to get soft capped by geming Arp, then gem Agi after.

to OP, change 1 Arp gem to Agi gem

No, it would not. Do not gem to softcap. It has been said multiple times before. Softcap gemming became a dps loss as of patch 3.2 when the nerfs to ArP came.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    No, it would not. Do not gem to softcap. It has been said multiple times before. Softcap gemming became a dps loss as of patch 3.2 when the nerfs to ArP came.
    That actually made sense to me, and i had forgotten that nerf. Touche