unlocking heroic ICC10

So quick question. Since they removed the limited attempts in normal mode do you still have to kill all end bosses the same week as LK to unlock heroics?

If I were to get to LK but not down him one week and then extend and kill him the next week would that unlock them now?

I assume they had this rule in place to avoid people running out of the attempts one week and then extending to use them on LK the next. What I don't know is did they remove the rule once they removed the limited attempts.

What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

15+ Year Old Account

Re: unlocking heroic ICC10

Quote Originally Posted by moode
    So quick question. Since they removed the limited attempts in normal mode do you still have to kill all end bosses the same week as LK to unlock heroics?

If I were to get to LK but not down him one week and then extend and kill him the next week would that unlock them now?

I assume they had this rule in place to avoid people running out of the attempts one week and then extending to use them on LK the next. What I don't know is did they remove the rule once they removed the limited attempts.

You could extend the lockouts even when attempts were limited.

That wasn't feasible, however, because attempts didn't reset. You keep the same ID. IE: if you had 4 attempts on LK, extend, next week, you'd still have 4 attempts. If you knew you could one shot the end-wing bosses, it was stupid to extend it.

Even then, it didn't matter. Unlocking heroic doesn't require you to kill end-wing bosses (even though they're required to ACCESS him), it just requires a LK kill on the respective mode.

So, yes, you can extend it, kill LK only, and still unlock heroic. It keeps the same ID.

If I'm wrong here, someone feel free to correct.

There was no rule like that in the first place.

Kill Lich King = hardmode unlocked. Easy as that.

15+ Year Old Account

To unlock the Heroic (Hardmodes) all you need to do is kill the Lich King.

In order to kill the Lich King you still have to beat all of the bosses which originally had limited attempts to gain access to him.

If you extrend the raid lockout, it'd be like any other raid and the bosses wont respawn after you kill them. If none of the bosses are alive then your free to take on the Lich King.

Soon as hes down, you can start killing the bosses on Heroic mode the following week after the reset.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Also, once you get through some of the heroic modes, you must kill Putricide, Blood Queen and Sindragosa on heroic that week in order to attempt LK on heroic.

I was thinking of a different rule.

"you have to kill all the end bosses on heroic mode to kill LK in heroic mode."

thanks for the responses all.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael
    There was no rule like that in the first place.

Kill Lich King = hardmode unlocked. Easy as that.
    This.

Was never a rule that you had to kill all end bosses in one lock out . . . or any theme thereabouts. Just kill LK and hardmodes unlock. Period.

Can I unlock 10 man HC if i have killed Lich King on 25 man dif :?

no