Patch 4.3 Raid-The Temple of Earth

Hello everybody ;D (MASSIVE wall of text inc)

I was bored so I came up with a description of a raid instance i created for patch 4.3. If you like it then I will probably add the fight mechanics later on. The raid is called the Temple of Earth, and in this case its the former home of Therazane the Stonemother.

Deep within the elemental plane of earth, Deepholm, an ancient evil was violently released into Azeroth...this vile being was known to many as Deathwing. Following the defeat of most of his forces in his fortress of Grim Batol, he has returned to Deepholm to make a final stand against the forces of the horde, alliance, and the earthen ring.

Formerly the grand home of Therazane the Stonemother, queen of the Earth Elementals, the Temple of Earth was quickly captured by the elite forces of Deathwing, and it is here that the final battles of Cataclysm will take place.

There are 13 bosses in the raid, with an intense difficulty to them all.

Players will enter The Temple of Earth from a side entrence (sort of like Black Temple) where they will travel through a tunnel to reach the interior of the Temple. This room contains 1 boss and it is where Deathwing waited for all these years, gathering his strength.
    Boss 1: Neltharion the Former Earth Warder: The corrupted spirit of Neltharion was released as Deathing slept for all of those years, deep under the Temple. The spirit of his former self has taken a physical form, and must be defeated on order to enter the actual Temple. The problem is that this is the exact spot that Deathwing started his flight upward to break through the roof. Players will be able to fly through the gaping hole to reach the floor. The npcs that were following you through the tunnel (Garrosh, Varian, Thrall, earthen ring members) will set up a minor base where you defeated the spirit. They cannot follow you up, so thy start construction of a staircase that will lead them up through the opening.

Once players reach the interior of the Temple, an area called the Chamber of Stone, the players must defeat all of Deathwings troops in the room. When this task is completed Deathwing would order one of his 2 generals to take care of the intruders.
    Boss 2: General Darkcrest: A high ranking general to Deathwing, sent from the top of the temple down to the ground floor to stop the intruders. You actually see him fly down from the incredibly high 3rd floor of the Temple.

Now players have a little bit of freedom because you get to choose the order in which you go through the four hallways leading to rooms where more bosses wait. For you see, as Darkcrest dies he accidentally knocks over a huge stone pillar, which blocks the entrence to the staricase leading to the second floor. Once all four of the encounters are cleared on the first floor, the staircase is completed and the earthen ring is able to move the pillar. (Im going to do the next part in order of difficulty)

The first hallway leads to the Room of the Victors. It is here that Therazane's traitorous consort is waiting, along with many other rebellious earth elementals.
    Boss 3: Rockslide: Rockslide was the consort of Therazane for quite some time, but when Deathwing first entered Deephom he promised Rockslide great power and wishes if he allowed him to stay in the Temple. So Rockslide secretly created the hidden chamber under the Temple for Deathwing to rest. He also allowed Deathwing easy entrence to the Temple when he returned yet again.

The second hallway leads to the Lost Quarters. It is here that you fight one of the leaders of the Troggs, who was able to secure himself a room during the reclaiming of the Temple by Deathwing.
    Boss 4: Tragosh Earthruler: Trogg Leader, lives in the Temple of Earth now with his best troops

The Third hallway leads to the Pet Room. Therazane loved animals of all sorts and sizes...but it seems that one of her largest ones has escaped and is causing trouble...
    Boss 5: Crystalhide: A massive dog-like creature made out of pure crystal. During Deathwing's attack, it escaped and was slowly destroying "its" section of the Temple. Unfortunately, it is time to put it down.

The final hallway leads to the Guest Quarters, but when you reach it you realize that something is very wrong. It turns out that a long time ago the other elemental lords (besides Therazane) went to a secret meeting to try and find a way to create a short alliance, just until she was killed. So in order to "improve relations", they each sent 1 ambassador to the Temple. Ultimately, Therazane found out that they were planning to assassinate her and destroyed the guest chambers, trapping the ambassadors under the room's massive stone structures...for now.
    Boss 6: Ambassador Ragefire (yes named after RFC), Ambassador Zephirian, and Ambassador Hydroside: They are the ambassadors sent by the other elemental lords to try and assassinate Therazane. They have only now been reawakened, and they are furious.

Finally, you can return to the Chamber of Stone to find that the Earthen Ring has completed their staircase and now they have troops around the room. As Trall, Garrosh, and Varian try and break the pillar, Deathwing sends one of his beautiful creations down to greet all of you.
    Boss 7: Adenion: Adenion is a huge Twilight Dragon created by Deathwing personally. She is immensely powerful, and is standing directly in your way of reaching the 2nd floor. She is also the 2nd out of 3 encounters that take place in the Chamber of Stone.

Once she has been defeated the way to the 2nd floor awaits. This floor is almost like a main base of the Twilight's Hammer. There is a small path that leads to a room, and once that boss has been killed, the main boss of the floor is unlocked.
    The path leads to the Summoning wing, and here you fight a monstosity of their experiments.
    Boss 8: Chromatax: Chromatax was once a chromatic dragon, but do to the interference of the Twilight's Hammer, it has been turned into a gigantic mutated beast that needs to be destroyed.

Now the main boss is unlocked. Originally, he was surrounded by a shield and was untargetable. But now, he is furious that his creation was killed, and he wants revenge.
    Boss 9: Grand Summoner Kelthin: A human, Kelthin is second in command in the TH cult, behind Cho'gal, he will not go down without a fight.

Behind Kelthin is the staicase leading to the 3rd and final floor. There are 4 bosses on this floor, and they are all extremely difficult.
    The general shape is three small rooms connected by one long hallway, with Deathwing waiting for you at the end.
    Boss 10: High General Doomion: The 2nd of Deathwing's generals, Doomion is a very powerful black dragon. One interesting thing is that at around 50%, Deathwing will come into the room (in Daval Prestor guise) and transform him into a twilight dragon.
    Going down the hall, the next room will lead you to a familiar foe..
    Boss 11: Twilight Leader Cho'gal: Yes, Cho'gal is back yet again after his defeat at Grim Batol. Deathwing was able to bring him back to life using twilight energy. Now Cho'gal resembles a purple-ish ghost of his former self, but he is now more powerful then ever before.

Now for the Second to last boss of the raid:
    Therazane the Stonemother/ High Corrupter Dillian: This is possibly the most complex fight in the raid, and a hint on how it would go would be to look at the Kalec fight in SWP
    Therazane is now good and healed, and goes back to the Chamber of Stone to greet the army of the Earthen Ring.

The final boss, Deathwing, can now be challenged. Good Luck

Boss 13: Deathwing the Destroyer/Twilight Lord Deathwing: You have finally reached the Destroyer. If you are not prepared go do some other bosses again.
    The fight is in 3 phases.
    1. Daval Prestor Guise
    2. Flying phase on floating stones (help from Therazane)
    3. Twilight Phase

Phew....done. Thank you so much for reading
    Give me your thoughts, criticism, anything. If you want me to ill start posting the actually fight mechanics.

Re: Patch 4.3 Raid-The Temple of Earth

Hmm I actually prefer linear dungeon's, although Ulduar was laid out extremely well.

Good attempt, although i dislike people trying to come up with names for bosses (Nothing personal, it just doesnt end well).
    I like the idea, keep it up! less rock, more magma/fire/ember/flames/lava/other hot stuff!

I dont see where Rhonins mighty raptor army comes into play !

15+ Year Old Account

Nice work, wouldnt mind quite a few of these fights as they sound pretty interesting, although one bit sorta perked my attention.

After the Spirit of Netharion the Earth Warder you say we fly up through the hole Deathwing made when he burst out into the world, but our forces need to make a staircase in order to get up there.

Why cant they simply use Orgrim's Hammer to fly up to the second level, from what I heard the 2 warships are returning and are quest hubs in Deepholm.

Other than that, I liked it. Hope the Hardmodes are activated ones like in Ulduar and not like Blizzards intentions in ICC.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

That wasn't THAT much of a wall of text, not as much compared to other raid ideas I've seen anyway.

Anyway, cool raid, some nice ideas in there, bosses 1 and 6 especialy sound interesting and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen
    Nice work, wouldnt mind quite a few of these fights as they sound pretty interesting, although one bit sorta perked my attention.

After the Spirit of Netharion the Earth Warder you say we fly up through the hole Deathwing made when he burst out into the world, but our forces need to make a staircase in order to get up there.

Why cant they simply use Orgrim's Hammer to fly up to the second level, from what I heard the 2 warships are returning and are quest hubs in Deepholm.

Other than that, I liked it. Hope the Hardmodes are activated ones like in Ulduar and not like Blizzards intentions in ICC.
    The tunnel that they go down it at the beginning is too small to fit the airships. Its almost like single file in some spots. And wow thanks guys your comments rock

Nice try, but I really don't see the point in these type of threads

Wauw, really good job mate, u obviously put alot of work into this ;b
    Like the idea of it, sounds brilliant Also like that u used the breaking thru the roof of the chamber part ;b

and then, as Deathwing towered over the players in what seemed like their last stand, a hole burst out through the Destroyer's already somewhat weakened chest.

BAM

It was Rhonin to the rescue! He had been swallowed by Deathwing, and throughout the whole fight he valiantly fought on his own through the bowels of the Earth-Warder.

While the players had been "fighting" Deathwing, the actual damage was coming from Rhonin on the inside! Oh how everyone was happy that Rhonin did what he did; he had saved us all!

But then he kinda ninja-looted everything and insta-ported out to Dalaran, which he wtfbrought from Dragonblight to his own home planet of Rhonopolis, where he gloated about his amazing phat l00ts. Rhonin, with his awesome magic power, proceeded to send an epic purple fury of magic (his trademark) towards Azeroth. Everyone died, except for Krasus.

I'm sorry if certain posts of mine contradict themselves with other posts I've made. I can't make up my mind on a lot of issues...

Isnt Cho'gall somewhere in AQ? How can he be in Deepholme?

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    Isnt Cho'gall somewhere in AQ? How can he be in Deepholme?
    how 'bout he got skates?

To be fair, Blizzard haven't announced how many major patches will be in Cataclysm. For all we know, it may only go as far (as you said) as 4.3. It could go to 4.4, even 4.5, who knows?

Just something I thought I'd chuck in ^^;

Deleted

Patch 6.9 Raid - Indoor House

The last boss is obviously in the basement in front of a PC.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksky
    Nice try, but I really don't see the point in these type of threads
    OP literally said: "I was bored so I came up with a description of a raid instance i created for patch 4.3."

So, the point for him was to vent his boredom
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Long way till 4.3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Liero
    Good attempt, although i dislike people trying to come up with names for bosses (Nothing personal, it just doesnt end well).
    I like the idea, keep it up! less rock, more magma/fire/ember/flames/lava/other hot stuff!
    Yeah same, I'm not that into Fan made stuff as much as seeing the actual thing on release day...

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn
    The tunnel that they go down it at the beginning is too small to fit the airships. Its almost like single file in some spots. And wow thanks guys your comments rock
    But surely the gunships can enter from the top? If Deathwing blasted through here then there would be a big hole in the roof and the gunships could fly in. Unless if he got a joiner and fixed the roof or something.

(Edited for typos)

Quote Originally Posted by roarzol
    But surely the gunships can enter from the top? If Deathwing blasted through here then there would be a big hole in the roof and the gunships could fly in. Unless if he got a joiner and fixed the roof or something.

(Edited for typos)
    Possibly, but Deathwing is right at the top...so he would just incinerate the ships haha

Neltharion the Lost Earth Warder: 75 million (10 man) 85 million (25 million)

Fight mechanics for Neltharion the Lost Earth Warder:

Abilities:

Spectral Cleave: Does 20000-21500 damage to anyone within a 10-yard radius in front of Neltharion. Summons 1 Essence of Deathwing for every target the cleave hits.
    Consume Essence: Neltharion consumes every Essence of Deathwing available, heals himself for 3% of his total health per Essence. Also his Corruption meter increases for every Essence consumed.
    A Better Time...: Neltharion shows the raid of vision of his past, of a better time. Inside the vision are corrupting nodes, and they all must be killed in order for the vision to end. For every 5 seconds a node is alive, Neltharion's corruption meter increases by one.
    Spectralbolt Volley: Launches several Spectralbolts at every member of the raid, does 8000-9000 damage.
    Spectral Flames: Breathes spectral flames in a cone in front of Neltharion. Does 18000 damage initially, with another 10000 damage over 10 seconds. Summons 1 Essence of Deathwing for every target the flames hit.
    Corruption Meter: As Neltharion becomes more and more corrupted, (unless you can defeat the Essences of Deathwing fairly quickly) his damage increases by 1% for every 2 Stacks of Corruption. Every 25 stacks, the Visions will become more and more darker areas of Deathwing's past (the hardmode is reached once it reaches 100 stacks)

Adds:

Essence of Deathwing- 12 million health each
    -Spectral Bolt: Hits one player, does 9000 damage.
    -Shadow Incinerate: Deals 8000 damge in a cone in front of the Essence

Corruption Node:4 million health each
    -Gaze of death: Beam gets shot out of Corruption Node, does 2000 per second
    -Aura of Destruction: Deals 1000 damage per second to everyone within a 5 yard radius of the node

Hardmode: Unlocked when Neltharion reaches 100 stacks of Corruption
    Increased health, damage, and 1 new move. Also, for every move that summons an Essence of Deathwing, 2 are created instead of one

Gaze of the Destroyer: Instant, paralyzes the target for 8 seconds, does 6000 damage every second the target is paralyzed.