Best to Worst warlock races

What are your top choices why a warlock should be a certain race and why. Oh and also this relates to PVP ONLY, I don't really PVE much so anything that helps with PVE, you don't need to include. Personally, I think Orc would be the best for the Horde because of the extra spell power and stun resist, then BE for the silent, then Undead (because of the WOTF nerf). For the alliance side I think the Gnomes racial would serve the best because of Escape Artist, and then humans. Give your your sides of the story, experiences and anything else you would like to add.
    Thanks for looking!

Re: Best to Worst warlock races

Human would be better over gnome, every man for himself allows you to equip two trinkets of your choice since you already have a pvp trinket racial
    i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AORUS nVidia GeFroce 1080ti 11G Xtreme Edition

Orc > human > Undead > gnome > BE

as you said, the orc stun resist is killer. The SP is okay. Humans basically have a trinket. WOTF has always been beast, but very limited. Gnomes have escape artist and unless it's changed has a cast time. Arcane torrent is next to useless unless you plan to run up to a caster. Otherwise, you'll only cast it on melee.

Alliance is easy: Human > Gnome (same for PVE, though you don't care)

Horde is harder. Undead is the best specifically against teams with a fear and several other forms of CC. Not so great against teams with just the fear for CC. Blood Elf is amazing against some double caster teams, but usually not that great. Orc is great against teams with stuns, but no fear. It really depends. Probably Orc = Undead > Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Gnomes have escape artist and unless it's changed has a cast time.
    Escape artist has been instant for what... one year now ?
    Proves itself very useful against melee.

WoTF is tricky. As a warlock it is a pain to face, but not that helpful to have.

But Gnomes have a racial named [WTF Can't kill something that cute] that makes them totally imba. Especially if they have pink hair and ponytails. Nuff said.

Best= Which ever one you like the most
    Worst= Which ever one you like the least

Honestly for pvp id have to say Human >= Gnome -> BE >= UD -> Orc

Survivability > all

Thats my take on it
    BTW I'm a gnome it is nice to have Escape Artist and a trinket slot easy to get away from melee classes which are the warlocks greatest weakness

Uh. You said 'Survivability > all', but you listed Undead and Orc under BE? Blood Elf has no survivability tools against melee, which is what Warlocks are weaker against. Orc has reduced stun durations against them and Undead has the extra 'out' against fear. Blood Elf is pretty much the least survivable race for Warlock. Undead and Orc are probably both better than Gnome, which is better than Blood Elf. Human is the top tough, no question.

Deleted

Pve PoV:

Orc
    Human
    Gnome
    Blood Elf
    Undead

Pvp PoV:

Depends on if you preffer offensive or defensive abilities.

Defensive:
    Human
    Undead =/= Gnome (situational, either fear/sleep/charm vs slow/snare)
    Orc
    Blood Elf

Offensive:
    Orc
    Blood Elf
    Human
    Gnome
    Undead

Just Imo.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't forget, people, about http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20591 and http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20598

1. Human - with EMFH being very useful in situations like putricide tear gas, and with extra spirit giving us more sp and more mana per life tap.
    2. Orc - Specially as demon.
    3. Gnome - My extra 1006 mana and 0.5% crit UB can be of good use.

In Cataclysm? Gnome. If I'm not mistaking, Expansive Mind will get nerfed to 2%, but it'd still be worth much more than The Human Spirit is now.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco
    If I'm not mistaking, Expansive Mind will get nerfed to 2%, but it'd still be worth much more than The Human Spirit is now.
    I think it will be gone, as they said they will redo it, or can you provide some link that states 2%?

15+ Year Old Account

Human while spirit still matters for DPS with Fel Armor.

The 2 DPS trinkets will be a nice addition as well.
    Dawwwwwww

there can only be... GOBOLOCK!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    I think it will be gone, as they said they will redo it, or can you provide some link that states 2%?
    Nope, I can't and you're probably right. When I come to think of it, even 2% intellect probably is too much and I wouldn't be surprised if Expansive Mind is the reason to why you cannot play a gnome paladin.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

15+ Year Old Account

Race abilities are getting a bit more of an overhaul with Cataclysm. This thread will become obsolete, so pick what you enjoy looking at.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Race abilities are getting a bit more of an overhaul with Cataclysm. This thread will become obsolete, so pick what you enjoy looking at.
    Don't forget the ponytail thing.

At least from a current view, then arcane torrent is one of the least useful as you should hope not to be in melee range much as a lock.
    If you were a pally or rogue then it would be a different matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.