Thread: Ring over Ring?

Ring over Ring?

Can anyone explain to me how the Agility Ashen Verdict is better than the Strength Ring?
    I don't seem to get it.

Re: Ring over Ring?

itemization. we get almost 1 crit rating per agi point. and we have no issue with crit capping so the agi ring is always better.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

In scale factors str is worth 2.36 ap for you, agi is 1.52.
    Ap gain str: 2.36 * 99 = 233.64
    Ap gain agi: 1.52*88+135 = 268,76.

Oic.
    Alrighty guys, tyvm.
    Appreciate the help on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev12
    In scale factors str is worth 2.36 ap for you, agi is 1.52.
    Ap gain str: 2.36 * 99 = 233.64
    Ap gain agi: 1.52*88+135 = 268,76.
    Since when did we start gaining attack power from agility? 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Since when did we start gaining attack power from agility? 0.o
    You don't....he is giving the relative dps value of agility as compared to 1 attack power.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    And btw, it does not stop on rings. Leather gear is BiS for a lot of other slots as well.
    but its not has great has t9 was
    its less then 200 dps compared to what it was : 700-1000 dps

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    You don't....he is giving the relative dps value of agility as compared to 1 attack power.
    he said "ap gain agi", and in the sentence before he was talking about how
    much attack power strength and agility gave. Every part of his statement implies we get attack power from agility, which clearly isn't the case. That's why I
    pointed it out. Did I know what he was getting at? Sure, but what was said and what is implied are two different things.

15+ Year Old Account

Eh?
    with 2pt9 out of our BiS list the value of agi items dropped, a lot

compared to what it was, its near nothing

Deleted

Yes but at the same time, with rising ilvls, the importance of item budgeting gets an increasing effect and the difference in number of effective dps stats in 5 stat items (like leather) vs 4 stat items (like plate) overpowers the scaling factor of Strength.
    wich is pretty much the reason some agility items still are BiS cant wait for the changes in cata when the ap on gear disapears and hunters/rogues kittys and shamans get more ap from agi isntead then they will feel our pain with only 4 stats on their dps gear and worse iLvl scaling.

Eh?
    With 2pc t9 (ability for Righteous Vengeance to crit), Crit Rating's and in turn Agility's stat importance was inflated significantly, causing leather items with Agi/Crit to be extremely better than any Plate DPS piece.

Now that Rets are losing the 2pc bonus, the difference between Leather/Agi items and Plate/Str items has been lowered by quite a lot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Omerra
    the difference between Leather/Agi items and Plate/Str items has been lowered by quite a lot.
    150-200 dps, yes its better for now but who want to run around with cata green once its live? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    150-200 dps, yes its better for now but who want to run around with cata green once its live? :P
    Nien, chill with the Cataclysm stuff. Today is March 1st. We have until mid-November to swap out Agi gear for Str plate. Why would anyone want to do less than superior DPS for the next 8 months willingly? There is always time to make any necessary changes. We still have another raid instance coming out before the xpak.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

with 2pt9 out of our BiS list the value of agi items dropped, a lot

compared to what it was, its near nothing
    If I lose 100 dps by choosing the STR version over the AGI version guess which one I will pick.

Lol because cata is going to help you progress through ICC, right? Short term incremental upgrades > leaps in gear upgrades in the long term. Besides, that's what side grades are for.