Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: What spec for dungeons?

UA, Curr, Coa, Drain

I switch off between destro and demo and do a good mix of soc spam and single target.

the real answer is that for 5 mans, any spec is viable / good so pick the one you like best. For higher content, things can get a bit technical but usually, demo and afflic are the 2 specs that most people play. Destro is still very viable though

In 5 mans i only cast Reign of Fire regardless of spec. Its just easier and a no brainer.

And I'd say affli is still a really good for HC - the old one too.. Why? 'Cos it has the best AoE from all 3 trees.
    You must have a lot of haste though - 500-800 haste and you can just spam SoC on every single mob and top the DPS metter.
    As Demo - you do awesome DPS too but.. SoC makes less damage.. And Meta + immolation aura.. It's great if you got uber tank.. If not - you die.
    My main spec is Demo.. And I can pul sick AoE DPS with Meta.. But I die to much if there are more than 5-10 mobs and tank cannot hold aggro on all of them. This just do so much threat ;P
    Recently I switched to affli for HC - and I'm pretty happy with it. I top DPS, not overaggro so much and tend to die less (although not having the Panic-OMG-Got-Attacked-Meta-NOW button is a pain for me sometimes) ;P

back to the topic.. If you want to top DPS - I'd go Destro if not really well geared (not so haste dependent like Affli), and Affli if you got a lot of haste already (prolly not, 'cos you just hit 80)
    Demo is fun but will allways do less damage. It's great for raids and people will love you for it.. But your personal DPS will be lover.
    I get like +0,5/+1k DPS just by switching to affli on HC, especially on new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Im demo/aff ad the moment, and i think aff still beats every single tree.
    On non elite mobs, just shadow blast and RoF. (The die really fast if your tank uses any AoE spell, basically your will always lose here vs ,melee :-\)
    Elite trash mobs use SoC (For the win but watch your treath meter)
    On bosses, curses them to hell and refresh 1 or 2 times. 8)

Its always funny to read comments from a random pug. When you're doing 8-10k on bosses in Gundrak, people for some reason go silly. I once had a guy tell me he'd drop group if I didn't switch from Demo to another spc because he wanted a quick pull. Needless to say, I did 55% of overall party damage for the instance.

So yah...Demo is fun as hell to play in heroics...plus you can tank some trash/bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Uh, a little off base there. Demo of Affliction is best at the moment. Destro's AOE is too low to keep up with Afflic, or Demo. Destro is by far the worst 5 man spec right now. Trash is just AOE and bosses live long enough for Afflic to ramp up and beat Destro. Demo typically is the top spec due to having 100% up-time on Meta for bosses.
    Best AoEin the game by far is SoC you dont even have to spec for it to top meters
    Reign of Fire is dead and just because you are destro doesnt prevent you from using SoC

Any of the three specs are fine for DPS from raids to 5mans