Speccing slow for LK?

My 10man is on LK and we are having issues with slowing the valkyrs. I am thinking I should spec into slow just to give us an extra way to keep them from killing us. Is it worth it to take the point from Arc Barr and put it in slow?

Re: Speccing slow for LK?

Quote Originally Posted by thewulfen
    My 10man is on LK and we are having issues with slowing the valkyrs. I am thinking I should spec into slow just to give us an extra way to keep them from killing us. Is it worth it to take the point from Arc Barr and put it in slow?
    The most you can slow the Valks is 50%, which can be done by a dk or another class. BTW, they can be stunned.. so you can chain stun them if you have the right classes. They can also be hit by melee.

On the starting after the Remorseless Winter, your tank should bring LK to the middle of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by mnjiman
    The most you can slow the Valks is 50%
    No. They can be slowed to the full effect of chains of ice, as well as crippling poison.

With that said, if you have a rogue, dk, shadow priest, warrior, or any class in this game with a snare, just have them do it. Also, don't change your spec even if you need to provide the slow. Spec FFB for P3, or just toss a frostbolt or 2 at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    No. They can be slowed to the full effect of chains of ice, as well as crippling poison.

With that said, if you have a rogue, dk, shadow priest, warrior, or any class in this game with a snare, just have them do it. Also, don't change your spec even if you need to provide the slow. Spec FFB for P3, or just toss a frostbolt or 2 at them.
    O i thought I saw the Valks say on them "the most they can be slowed is 50%".

Nope, max they can be slowed is 50%.

slow is a good option while learning 25man since it is quite possible for those assigned to slow and stun to screw up and have a lone valkire charge ahead, thats when a ranged insta-cast slow can shine.
    But in 10man with just a single valkire... I think you'll be better off asking the people assinged to stunning and slowing to do their job more properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by liamliam
    Nope, max they can be slowed is 50%.
    I don't know if the people who are saying this have fought LK or not, but chains definitely starts them at slower than 50%. It's fairly obvious because they move noticably faster with just FFB or mind flay on them. Yes, I know FFB is a 40% snare, mind flay isn't, though.

I don't know if the people who are saying this have fought LK or not, but chains definitely starts them at slower than 50%. It's fairly obvious because they move noticably faster with just FFB or mind flay on them. Yes, I know FFB is a 40% snare, mind flay isn't, though.
    Well, i have.

If you look on the Valk, its say and i quote "Cannot be slowed more then 50%" on a buff they have.

Good though if chain makes them go slower, thats what we are using.

The man speaks the truth: Wings of the Damned

Also, chains seem to slow them down more than 50% which is great. We have a rogue, a pally and a DK, so it comes relatively easy to kill the Valkyr.

I've been where you are now a couple of weeks ago, thinking I should spec into Slow - but I think this one is out of our hands. You just have to hope that your rogues will stun or your DK will cast chains.

Advise for LK 10 and 25 man:

1) Get a prot paladin, prot warrior and fury warrior.

2) Warrior tanks LK, Pala tanks shambling horrors, Fury warrior picks up all ghouls in p1. Pala taunts off ghouls when it feels good.

3) Paladin tanks LK through all next phases.

4) Fury warrior hamstrings/piercing howls the valkyr the second it spawns

5) Let your prot warrior concussive blow -> shockwave the valkyr, and then charge it if it reaches close to the edges.

6) In phase 3, let your prot warrior put vigilance on your prot paladin, and spam taunt the vile spirits. Get ready to heal him alot.

This should have you have an extremely controlled fight all the way through.

(Make sure you have 2 melee dps, and 3 ranged, for easier p3).

If you know how to handle defile/valkyr raid positioning; grats on takedown!.

To make a long story short. No need to waste talents/globals for a mage, opportunity/benefit is higher for a warrior if applicable to you.

:P dont bother with slow. CoC works much better while doing damage to all 3 valkyrs + slowing them for 8sec its a win win