Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Hunters really don't have any survival CDs

Quote Originally Posted by BFGOMFG
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Uldum&cn=Kurds

There happy? I'm fairly sure my hunter is better than everyone who has said "fail"

Now, please stay on topic: Hunter's should have an emergency ability that is worth using
    Didn't know Kurdran posted on MMO-Champ forums. He usually doesn't QQ much either.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Oneshotkillz (looks like you based on your post history) if so, grats.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner007
    Didn't know Kurdran posted on MMO-Champ forums. He usually doesn't QQ much either.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Oneshotkillz (looks like you based on your post history) if so, grats.
    Just for reference --

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hu...92/#msg2133092

Quote Originally Posted by hurtmuch
    hunters need to be toned down if anything

NOW MOONKINS FIX US
    Boomkins are stupidly OP on the PTR :x

(At least starfall aka the new brostorm/owlstorm is raping everything with 4k crits)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by BFGOMFG
    Why don't hunters have survival CCs like pretty much every single other class in the game? I mean, lets be honest with ourselves, deterrence is pretty crappy. 5 seconds of.... absolutely nothing. You cant hit them they cant get you, most you can hope for is a heal, which is rare in BGs and non-existent solo. Dots still are ticking on you too while this happens. FD is worthless as well, NO ONE gets fooled by it. The most it does is delay a cast for 1 more second. Most every class can heal itself too, which hunters cannot. Which is another reason to give a CD actually worth something. I mean where is our shield wall? Or our frenzied regeneration? At least rogues can vanish at cloak. Survival hunters cant even spec into something that would give them a survival CD.... Even though its in the name.

QQ/rage/rant

Also, gimme your opinions.

deterrence - you still have a pet beating on your target. you can waste 2~ seconds of windup time and mana from a caster or even a shatter combo which sux to have setup and countered like that, and if you're in a bg it'll eat a lot of focus fire to get away since your probably already on a frost trap, or just timing it at a very opportune moment that wastes everyones time/mana.

FD - basically forces melee range and makes you dominant from distance. i mean so do your utility shots like silence, stuns, ms, etc. but most practical on demand ae's in the game are melee based. its a ranged oh shit card. you also lose pet aggro, and timing it well can make believe you really died to a lot of your average players. regardless it forces retarget and is highly underrated if you think its bad.

as a frost mage i can't heal either. but none of the top dps classes in the game can(rogues can't). you guys would be completely broken if you could heal so would mages. hunters right now are practically broken in non Arena pvp without pillars to hide behind.

10+ Year Old Account

I think a lot of tears would disappear with a "remove debuffs/dots" ability, or hell, if dots and debuffs dropped when the caster died. Nobody can really make the case that it's ok that a hunter (and other classes) will fall over after attacking any dotting class unless there's a healer/dispeller nearby to help.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Hunters are designed differently than other classes, and therefore have very different defensive cd's. No heals which can be annoying, even warriors have a heal (and dont get me started w/ 1st aid and the 25% of total health it returns...owait ur dot'ed gg!). But I like the design of a hunter and think that the abilities mesh well with each other. I think what the OP is requesting is further homogenization of abilities. Give hunters a last stand or enraged regen, might as well throw in a melee stun too. It's up to you to l2p your class with the tools assigned. Everyone has frustrations in this game. You ever play a resto shaman? Fun as hell, but man o man do you have to be on your toes. The only oh shit buttons there are an instant heal and a crappy shield. But, by learning the class and when to use your abilities you become more than the typical facerolla.

I think before any defensive buffs, hunter damage has to be toned down (the top-loaded amount that is). But I could see something like deterrence dropping dots, or FD given a small heal or something. As you feign, you begin to recover hp or something.

But I do hate to say it, this issue is not with the class. Unfortunately it lies between the chair and keyboard :-\

Can easily give you several abilities for survival.

Frost Trap/Frost Arrow
    Deterrence
    Disengage
    Feign Death
    Wyvern Sting
    Snake Trap
    Scatter Shot

If you want an explanation of the actions feel free to post - or go wowhead.com and search them for imba details.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!

Erm... hunters have a __fuckton__ of defensive cooldowns and CC. : One of the most of all classes... l2p