Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How Global Warming can kill WoW

Many people always say that Mmo "X" will kill wow. But during these darker times in the real world which includes Cataclysmic events due to global warming can ultimately guilt players and blizzard from advertizing and playing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Recently, disasters all over the world are happening and they are becoming ever so recent. A game featuring a destruction of a world could be bad image and not just for wow but perhaps for gaming communities for if people(even gamers) are noble enough to help others in the face of disasters, perhaps gaming communities might tone down(maybe just a bit).

But thats where blizzard is different. Blizzard is a more social and open company willing to help others, although cataclysm can be a little "inappropriate" Blizzards nobility can certainly be a factor in the possibility of the game and expansions downfall.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

Edit: If you havent been paying attention to recent news a large earthquake just happened in Chile and is gonna makes gigantic tidal waves. So when i said "disasters are becoming ever so recent" I meant Devasting disasters one after another(Philipine flood, Haitian Earthquake, Chilean Earthquake ----->Much more desasters) and trying to play a game while the world is being destroyed can be a bit of a concern

Edit 2: Well, ok maybe this thread was a little bit over exxagerated. I just got friends telling me things that might be a little over exxagerated themselves. So.... I guess i'll just let time roll and see what the future brings
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Re: How Global Warming can kill WoW

It will only affect me if all the Baby Blizzard Bears die.

comparing real life to a video game is like saying my apple looks like an orange...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

lolwut?

Not really no.

I think that it is not inappropriate in that Cataclysm has been in development prior to these recent events. There's no reason to think that a game built on fantasy is inappropriate unless it deliberately favors taboos associated with the society that designed the game. (IE racism, sexism, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by AddixXxion
    comparing real life to a video game is like saying my apple looks like an orange...

no its like saying my coke can looks like a flat screen TV. And anyways there are so many more movies and video games that have more image of destruction of the world than wow will bring with cata

15+ Year Old Account

So, just because natural disasters happen, LITERALLY ALL THE TIME, Blizzards entire plan with Cataclysm may be viewed as tactless? Get a grip.

As far as I'm concerned, the Chilean and Haitian earthquakes weren't caused by a batshit insane dragon emerging from the earth.

Oh, and I guess stuff like 2012, Day After Tomorrow, and other natural disaster movies should be banned for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by AddixXxion

Dude, if your places all over the word are being hit by tidal waves can really make people stand up due to its severity.

and meh, I only started this tread because There was another large earthquake(like haiti) in chile which is creating tidal waves all over the pacific countries like japan and even parts of canada
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs
    Dude, if your places all over the word are being hit by tidal waves can really make people stand up due to its severity.

and meh, I only started this tread because There was another large earthquake(like haiti) in chile which is creating tidal waves all over the pacific countries like japan and even parts of canada
    Nah, that's Godzilla.

Too bad the "science" of global warming is shown to have more and more holes in it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    So, just because natural disasters happen, LITERALLY ALL THE TIME, Blizzards entire plan with Cataclysm may be viewed as tactless? Get a grip.

As far as I'm concerned, the Chilean and Haitian earthquakes weren't caused by a batshit insane dragon emerging from the earth.

Oh, and I guess stuff like 2012, Day After Tomorrow, and other natural disaster movies should be banned for eternity.
    ^ missed it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

So, just because natural disasters happen, LITERALLY ALL THE TIME, Blizzard should scrap their entire idea with Cataclysm...because it could be viewed as tactless?

What?

Well are you sure? I mean it can all be a cover up!

Seriously though, natural disaters has been happening for millenniums, so what makes the recent ones so special? Yes they are tragic, very much so, but the OP seems to believe natural disaters is a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jero
    Too bad the "science" of global warming is shown to have more and more holes in it every day.
    Not really, but live in a delusional world, it's okay.

The Ice Stone has melted!

As far as the media is concerned, they are a new thing and very special >.>

<.<

/facepalm

15+ Year Old Account

I'm making a small prediction (probably inaccurate): the rest of the thread will devolve into a discussion about global warming and if it's true/false.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

You mean the tidle wave that hardly anyone noticed apart from media trying to build it up to a world ending event?

Quote Originally Posted by Jero
    Oh? And I suppose you've uncovered this evidence of a world that is on a global average cooling trend for the last 80 years?

15+ Year Old Account

there was a warning for a tsunami but it didnt happen. By the time it reached canada,it would have not been powerfull. Dont expect moose to be flying through Vancover

I'm making a small prediction (probably inaccurate): the rest of the thread will devolve into a discussion about global warming and if it's true/false.
    Any NCAA basketball predictions while you're at it? You're batting 1000 so far!