Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Authenticator Accounts Hacked, ICC Quests, Crimson Deathcharger

Quote Originally Posted by Demog
    People who get hacked are idiots.
    People who need an "authenticator" to not get hacked are idiots.
    And you are the biggest of all...
    nice quest allthough a pitty only for ppl who kill the lk :/

Hmmm, the trojan's a pretty good kick at the authenticator tbh. What are 99% of people going to do on "incorrect details" - try again. Thats 2 codes and the authenticator off the account.

There's not an immediately obvious way of defeating that particular trojan. IP address's are easily spoofed so that won't work. The idea of a working out how long till it expires probably won't do much to save u either.

I can't really think of a way of killing this, guess it's just virus checkers and being anal about what sites we go on etc again
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Ahh, I'm glad I use a Mac! ;D

nice quest allthough a pitty only for ppl who kill the lk :/
    Yes. Such a shame to reward players for completing all there is to be of raid content for WoTLK. Such a pity.

If there's one virus that does it, there will be more.

Hope blizzard's login application will get smarter soon, to prevent viruses from snatching stuff like this.

I'm glad I don't type my password in to log in to the game or my e-mail, because my computer has been giving me "wrong code" error messages off and on the last couple days.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk
    Hmmm, the trojan's a pretty good kick at the authenticator tbh. What are 99% of people going to do on "incorrect details" - try again. Thats 2 codes and the authenticator off the account.

There's not an immediately obvious way of defeating that particular trojan. IP address's are easily spoofed so that won't work. The idea of a working out how long till it expires probably won't do much to save u either.

I can't really think of a way of killing this, guess it's just virus checkers and being anal about what sites we go on etc again
    Except, they can't remove the authenticator by just having your new code. There's a serial number that's completely inaccessible without physical access, if you're using the physical authenticator and not the mobile one.

Here's the thing: if they can't get into the game, THE REAL KICKER is that they won't be able to access Account Management. Leaving basically everything up to the person responsible for planting emcor.dll. As long as he is watching within the time limit of any given code.

Fact is, the person has to be waiting for the exact 30 seconds to 2 minutes of the moment your code was entered, and then know your BNet name and password along with the code in order to gain access.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLynx
    I'm glad I don't type my password in to log in to the game or my e-mail, because my computer has been giving me "wrong code" error messages off and on the last couple days.

Erm, if you're implying that you use a copy/paste job, from notepad or w/e, for your login and email - you do realise keyloggers can just as much copy what it's the clipboard, right ... ?

Just curious - Im about to start playing WoW again, well was thinking about it - but my account isnt attached to an authenticator and im extrememly tight on money etc - even a WoW subscription is pushing it. Taking into account all of hte following, should I really buy an authenticator and be short on money, or just wait till next payday?

The internet I use is extremely secure.
    The computer I will be using has just been rebuilt and uses AVG.
    Nothing gets downloaded onto the computer in terms of torrents etc.

I have 4 years playing experience and have only been hacked once, and that was when I logged into my account at a friends house.

So what im asking is, is the authenticator that important if you are a sensible, knowledgable computer user?

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

Never been hacked in wow 4 years now
    Dont use a authenticator
    basic common sense will always keep you safe n secure

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan
    He is at Light's Hammer inside ICC but he's not standing next to Tirion Fordring in the center area. He's standing on the platform to the left, so it is possible to turn in the quest without being a Death Knight, provided being a Death Knight isn't a restriction.

http://www.worldofraids.com/images/n...n-mograine.jpg
    Ahh, I completely forgot about that. Someone said Jaina and Sylvannis aren't at Light's Hammer as well, but they are in places that are accessable(though, that might pose a few problems, ^^') to everyone, as opposed to Darion, who aside from Light's Hammer, only appears in Ebon hold permanently.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sickandtwistéd
    Ahh, I completely forgot about that. Someone said Jaina and Sylvannis aren't at Light's Hammer as well, but they are in places that are accessable(though, that might pose a few problems, ^^') to everyone, as opposed to Darion, who aside from Light's Hammer, only appears in Ebon hold permanently.
    Well, I'm assuming that the chest drops from LK-25 Heroic, possibly 10.

Now, considering nobody has killed him in EITHER format yet, it's possible to say that maybe Jaina, Sylvanas, Darion, etc. show up on the Frozen Throne after the battle is complete, as a little flavor for actually killing the villain at his FULL power. Who knows.

World First Authenticator Hack!

Grats guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Slipper
    Just curious - Im about to start playing WoW again, well was thinking about it - but my account isnt attached to an authenticator and im extrememly tight on money etc - even a WoW subscription is pushing it. Taking into account all of hte following, should I really buy an authenticator and be short on money, or just wait till next payday?

The internet I use is extremely secure.
    The computer I will be using has just been rebuilt and uses AVG.
    Nothing gets downloaded onto the computer in terms of torrents etc.

I have 4 years playing experience and have only been hacked once, and that was when I logged into my account at a friends house.

So what im asking is, is the authenticator that important if you are a sensible, knowledgable computer user?
    Tbh get it. Its like 50 cents or something arround that. Authenticator on a mobile ofc.

I won't lie, when I saw that tabard, the first thing that came to mind was this:

I know MitM attacks are nothing new, but that's going pretty far for hacking WoW accounts.

So do the virus perpetrators get a spot in the hall of fame?

World First, after all. I hope this doesn't lead to more EU vs USA squabbling!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    Well, I'm assuming that the chest drops from LK-25 Heroic, possibly 10.

Now, considering nobody has killed him in EITHER format yet, it's possible to say that maybe Jaina, Sylvanas, Darion, etc. show up on the Frozen Throne after the battle is complete, as a little flavor for actually killing the villain at his FULL power. Who knows.
    That would be nice, reminiscent of old raids, where every end boss would have that little, last squeeze of loreful flavor. Can't wait for someone to down him on heroic 10, just to see if it's both formats, or just 25.

Been playing for 3 years and don't have an authenticator, visited gold selling sites in the past when I didn't know it was illegal (No I didn't buy, don't use credit card) and also recently to see how it feels to get hacked and possibly become rich like the stories I heard but I HAVEN"T been hacked yet...

Any gold sellers out there? hack me NAO! lol

If they steal one of your authenticator codes, they can logon to account management and change ur pw. Doesnt help them nothing, seeing as they dont have any more codes to logon the game itself. Or, they can logon the game and try to take stuff, and get immideatly dc'd by the user trying to logon again, because user still have his password. They will need the user to enter a new auth code every 30sec to even stay online. Sounds like the hacker needs to be online and communicate with ur computer within seconds, to even successfully logon to any character. I dont see this being a commonly used method amongst hackers. Im curious to see what Bizzards actions will be, to counter this.