(Feral) Question about changing weapons

Currently I have Lupine Longstaff for dps (berserekering) and Marrowstrike for tanking (mongoose). I got both Shaft of Glacial Ice and Hersir's Greatspear yesterday. My questions
    a) shall I gem/enchant Shaft of Glacial Ice for tank or change from berserkering to mongoose on Lupine and use it for dps aswell (I have over 10k ap in raid)?
    b) would it be nice idea to wait for Cryptmaker for dps instead of gemming/enchanting Hersir? Most plate dpsers in my guild already have Bryntroll or Crypt

Re: (Feral) Question about changing weapons

Don't dps with a strength weapon unless you're literally crit-capped.

If you can get Cryptmaker, you should be able to get Distant Land

With what you currently have, gem and enchant Hersir's Greatspear for dps. Doing this you should be able to drop your hit gems for agi ones. And use the Shaft for bear.

Quote Originally Posted by mootlix
    If you can get Cryptmaker, you should be able to get Distant Land

With what you currently have, gem and enchant Hersir's Greatspear for dps. Doing this you should be able to drop your hit gems for agi ones. And use the Shaft for bear.
    I agree with this guy.

You should look for Bloodfall for tanking. Distant Land is great for DPS.

Thanks for replies. Would it be good idea to enchant Lupine Longstaff with mongoose and use it instead of Shaft of Glacial Ice for tanking? I'm hit/soft exp capped at the moment, however I might lose some hit in future.

no matter what you lose, it's always going to be more dps to use the higher ilvl weapon. and with bear tanking you're losing threat by using lupine over glacial, however if you're fine on threat it won't make much of a difference