Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting the most from my dps

Hi,

Just like everyone else trying to max my dps. Heres a couple of links of me on the training dummy and my gear and gems. I am currently using serpent sting glyph, steady shot and trueshot aura glyph (i was running kill shot but this seems to be an increase for me)

Heres the links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ussYo_gB9k

Heres the armory (wow heroes)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...chronos&cn=Pij

I want to know if glyph of hawk is worth looking at and if there is anything else i can maybe do to squeeze more dps out.

My gear aint as good as alot of hardcore on hear (run 25 man and 10 icc non heroic) but any constructive advice would be really helpful.

I use female dwarf alot but obviously this is only a guide

Re: Getting the most from my dps

Im kinda in a rush atm so wont be able to check it out right now but about the hawk glyph it depends on how long the fight is/how much haste you got since it's there to make ur steady shot go to 1.5 seconds cast time.

Will try to check u out later

Quote Originally Posted by Cork
    Im kinda in a rush atm so wont be able to check it out right now but about the hawk glyph it depends on how long the fight is/how much haste you got since it's there to make ur steady shot go to 1.5 seconds cast time.

Will try to check u out later
    With 5/5 in Improved hawk your steadyshots will be <1.5sec without the glyph as well.

10+ Year Old Account

If you want to maximize your dps. Bind your spells. It's more effective then clicking. Also I hate to ask but how do you see anything in a raid with that UI? so cluttered ><

Also in a raid Killshot > Hawk IMO. Hawk is only better on the dps dummy because you can't killshot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

As said before... your ui is.... stupidly over cluttered. There is not a single reason unless you are almost blind that you would need recount that large. The timer bars below recount could also be scaled to at least 1/4 of what they are now and still be perfectly visible.

Between your over cluttered UI, and clicking i would not be suprised if you usually die in fires due to not being able to see them in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Sorry i know nothing about MM DPS, but in reply to the posts above me. I think there is a fair chance that he has resized the UI elements to be easily seen on his youtube video. And to all you "clickists" you can be a clicker and still be perfectly proficient in a raid environment!!!!

Yeh above poster is correct. i resized just about all my UI to make it visable in the video as the quality is less than perfect. I understand it looks cluttered at the moment but obviously it aint that bad when raiding (though my UI is still messy and far from perfect). Just waiting on comments to improve my dps really

Also with Dash and Cower on autocast your pet dps will be meh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub
    Also with Dash and Cower on autocast your pet dps will be meh.
    They will only use Cower if they are taking significant damage (maybe you missed the change to Cower). Also, they will only use Dash if running to a target, not if they are already there. Auto cast on these is fine.

To OP, as already stated, Kill Shot is typically a stronger glyph in a raid. You won't be able to see that on a Target Dummy because they can't simulate a true boss fight.

Finally, just a question, why do you have a giant Lock n Load icon on your screen if you are marksmen?

Also in a raid Killshot > Hawk IMO. Hawk is only better on the dps dummy because you can't killshot it.
    To OP, as already stated, Kill Shot is typically a stronger glyph in a raid. You won't be able to see that on a Target Dummy because they can't simulate a true boss fight.
    This is simply not true... the spreadsheet will tell you the same thing. Since you are the hunter giving the raid TSA. that glyph will be the best for you.

for me on female dwarf, TSA beats kill shot and also beats hawk by a larger margin; and is a very large gain over chimera shot, which I see mentioned in most glyph posts(not to mention skewed rotation from CS)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zaronn
    This is simply not true... the spreadsheet will tell you the same thing. Since you are the hunter giving the raid TSA. that glyph will be the best for you.

for me on female dwarf, TSA beats kill shot and also beats hawk by a larger margin; and is a very large gain over chimera shot, which I see mentioned in most glyph posts(not to mention skewed rotation from CS)
    I've checked, TSA Glyph doesn't win. Sorry. Normally I use the spreadsheet, but since I am at work femaledwarf.com will do.

Kill Shot Glyph: 12209.91
    TSA Glyph: 12209.17

The dps increase using the KS Glyph is minor on the spreadsheet, but on fights with multiple adds or a long <20% phase Kill Shot takes a clear lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggomyeggo
    I've checked, TSA Glyph doesn't win. Sorry. Normally I use the spreadsheet, but since I am at work femaledwarf.com will do.

Kill Shot Glyph: 12209.91
    TSA Glyph: 12209.17

The dps increase using the KS Glyph is minor on the spreadsheet, but on fights with multiple adds or a long <20% phase Kill Shot takes a clear lead.
    For me, in the spreadsheet, its a 20dps increase to switch to TSA glyph. But what about Abominable Might and Unleashed Rage, dont they overwrite TSA, or did they fix it?

Temper, kids.

Stop clicking and you'll be better
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

This is almost true... but you still have it a little off... spreadsheet actually gives an inflated value to kill shot glyph; you will never get as many kill shots off in an actual fight as you do on the spreadsheet, and clipping the extra shots pretty much negates the glyph..

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice
    Stop clicking and you'll be better
    Dear moderator - Please add something about said quote in the forum rules section, to allow posts like this quote to be bannable. A discussion or reason why it is better, such as it allows a faster reaction when using keybinds should be acceptable... But not what this person and many others say.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Dear moderator - Please add something about said quote in the forum rules section, to allow posts like this quote to be bannable. A discussion or reason why it is better, such as it allows a faster reaction when using keybinds should be acceptable... But not what this person and many others say.
    I don't really ban much, my hammer is dusty in the corner gathering cobwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinnifl
    For me, in the spreadsheet, its a 20dps increase to switch to TSA glyph. But what about Abominable Might and Unleashed Rage, dont they overwrite TSA, or did they fix it?
    yes they do, thats why you use a macro like this
    Code:
    #showtooltip Aimed Shot
    /cancelaura Abomination's Might
    /cancelaura Unleashed Rage
    /cast aimed shot
    I'd say use killshot for icc hardmodes for sure (way larger health pool, more killshots) and for normal fights it doesn't really matter that much.
    I tried TSA glyph, aimed glyph and chimera glyph. TSA was ok I guess, but nothing special, aimed just made your rotation harder and I saw no real dps increase, chimera can be an increase but yet again I prefer the 4x steadyshot rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    he actually give him best possible suggestion he could and why would he need to explane why is better not to click when op can go on search and look one of 30 triad with name clicking over keybinds

Quote Originally Posted by ninoffmaniak
    he actually give him best possible suggestion he could and why would he need to explane why is better not to click when op can go on search and look one of 30 triad with name clicking over keybinds
    he could... Or he could read this very thread. It was already covered. However instead of being an ass and saying "stop clicking noob.", they actually gave reasons.

And typically, people who click are not very far off from key binders. The only difference is a clicker spends less time thinking of the surroundings, and more time on dpsing.