What references are you expecting/hoping to see in Cataclysm?

Well as we know, Blizzard loves to put all different kinds of real life references into WoW and more opportunities come with each expansion!

They already have a lot as seen here:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/List_of_pop_c...es_in_Warcraft

Honestly, look at that list, and I feel there are plenty more I am expecting for Cataclysm.

1. I expect to see some Al Gore type reference, a guy running around crying how the Cataclysm was man-made and not brought upon by Deathwing, perhaps a related quest called "A Convenient Lie" or something of the sort(related to an inconvenient truth)

2. In Worgen and Goblin starter zones, I expect to see some sort of Twilight reference in the Worgen zone. Actually, we may see twilights references in the twilight highlands or with the twilight cult instead. Blizzard said the first 5 levels of the goblin zone takes place on a GTA-like city, so perhaps some grand theft auto references?

3. We'll probaly see some shout-outs to end-of-the-world movies, most likely 2012.

Any other ideas?

Re: What references are you expecting/hoping to see in Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by iammatt
    1. I expect to see some Al Gore type reference, a guy running around crying how the Cataclysm was man-made and not brought upon by Deathwing, perhaps a related quest called "A Convenient Lie" or something of the sort(related to an inconvenient truth)
    That'd be kinda funny.

2. In Worgen and Goblin starter zones, I expect to see some sort of Twilight reference in the Worgen zone. Actually, we may see twilights references in the twilight highlands or with the twilight cult instead. Blizzard said the first 5 levels of the goblin zone takes place on a GTA-like city, so perhaps some grand theft auto references?
    Twilight: No. Fuck no. No, no, no, no, no. If they're going to slide in some pop culture references, there's a wealth of good werewolf movies like the classic Wolfman (or the new spiritual remake). Keep that whiny sparkly shit out of Warcraft.

GTA: Hell, I'd be amazed if they didn't, knowing the goblin race's general lack of anything approaching morals.

3. We'll probaly see some shout-outs to end-of-the-world movies, most likely 2012.

Any other ideas?
    A gnome-goblin coalition seeking to reach the center of Azeroth, using a major fault line as the place to build their drill.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

10+ Year Old Account

I really like your ideas. However, I would not be very happy if Twilight made it's way into WoW (given, I don't think I could spot it). The others still sound good and would be great additions to add

I don't know why but, when I first read the subject, the first thing that came to mind was Michael Jackson.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

yeah I know no one wants twilight, and I have to agree it is a shit-stain in movies and literature, but knowing Blizzard I can see them adding NPCs like Edworg Cullen just to screw with us >

yeah I know no one wants twilight, and I have to agree it is a shit-stain in movies and literature, but knowing Blizzard I can see them adding NPCs like Edworg Cullen just to screw with us >
    If they do, he better be attackable, instantly respawning, with one hit point and a gruesome death animation.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    If they do, he better be attackable, instantly respawning, with one hit point and a gruesome death animation.
    You can only attack him if you become friendly with the opposing faction of Blood elf shadow priests(vampires) :P

Would love a manbearpig reference.

I expect a "im on a boat" reference.

I got one. A new band in Azeroth to give Level 80 ETC some competition.

Random
    Elite
    Mob

They'd play the music from It's The End of The World As We Know It. They'd be Alliance races of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo
    Would love a manbearpig reference.

I expect a "im on a boat" reference.
    the gunship battle achievement is a reference.

Maybe something to do with Watchmen? I would lol at the sight of Dr manhattan as a bright blue gnome.

I'd like to see some Death Note references.
    Mobs like death gods (Ryuk/Rem) or NPCs like L; don't know
    Hope they will add some things like that...

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

I'm hoping that Trade Prince Maldy will be like Tony Montana from scarface
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

I am pretty sure they will add some Avatar reference.
    I hated that movie, but it's huge and blizzard has tapped into almost every big movie/TV series in their references.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    I am pretty sure they will add some Avatar reference.
    I hated that movie, but it's huge and blizzard has tapped into almost every big movie/TV series in their references.
    Probably the most visually impressive movie I can think of. But yeah, the plot sucked.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben
    Probably the most visually impressive movie I can think of. But yeah, the plot sucked.
    Let's not make this an I-hate-Avatar thread

they could add an NPC Goblin somewhere named Captain Qarzitch asking you to mine some sort of ore and kill interfering natives? :P
    could say the "You haven't got lost in the woods, have you? You still remember what team you're playing for?" line :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Let's not make this an I-hate-Avatar thread
    Yeah, sorry

The Men Who Stare At Goats just came out here in Finland, I'm going to check it out next week. Blizz could have a small room somewhere, where a human is sitting on a chair staring at a... goat? Or a draenei, if they want to play with the Space Goat -nick name...
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben
    Yeah, sorry

The Men Who Stare At Goats just came out here in Finland, I'm going to check it out next week. Blizz could have a small room somewhere, where a human is sitting on a chair staring at a... goat? Or a draenei, if they want to play with the Space Goat -nick name...
    I approve this idea.
    Kannatan ideaasi.