Getting hacked not always bad

I don't open dumb emails or visit websites or buy gold, but my account was hacked (prior to my getting an authenticator) a few weeks ago.

Ironically, the hacker took off the authenticator they attached to my account before blizzard removed it. The funny thing was the character they were attempting to move was caught in mid process and returned to me.

Most of my stuff on my toons was gone, as was my gold. However, this ne lvl 80 that was returned came back naked, bank empty, but bags were full of goodies.
    240 primordial saronite, 5 hilts, 5 mecha hogs, 30k gold, 200 orbs, 6-7 pieces of ICC BOE gear and other stuff like 100 cardinal rubies, etc.. It was insane. I had hit the jackpot.

I divided the stuff among my toons, and waited for Blizz to restore my accounts, and possibly take back all this stuff. I got epic flight form for 5 toons, used a hog, sold sole stuff, and equipped some of the ICC stuff.
    Then, my account was hacked again, about a week later. My original tickets hadn't even been restored. I even was able to trace fake emails from my gmail account the hackers were sending, trying to get the stolen stuff back.

The second hack took all the "new stuff" i had received. But, i had stashed some stuff on low level alts in their banks, that they didnt get. It was fun being King for a week.

Eventually, Blizz restored my accounts, and all the stuff I had prior to the hack, AND the stuff after the hack, including the saronite stash. A few days later, they sent me an email saying i shouldnt had received that, and withdrew it.

Overall, I made out like a bandit.

The funniest thing was when I got to speak to a Blizz rep after my second hack and told them about all the "stolen stuff" I had received, they had no idea what any of it was. They didn't play the game. Told me not to worry about it, as the people that lost it would eventually get it back as well.

Blizz realizes this is a game.

Re: Getting hacked not always bad

And i do have a screenshot of this loot, but im not very good with computers, and having trouble uploading it.