Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why not Glyph of Disease?

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    15-17k crit from a single SS? I think i'm playing a different game, or a different patch.
    ~7,5-8k normal and addiotional 8-9k shadowdamage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellyton
    Well they do say that GoD takes a snapshot at your current AP, as do IT and PS when applied.
    They do but attack power has nothing to do with the reason why glyph of disease is good, it's tricks of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes
    The simple answer is that (for Unholy) plague strike, blood strike, and icy touch hit REALLY HARD. My plague strikes are almost up to 9k crits with procs/raid buffs. Its just not worth the trouble, lost disease ticks, and lost death coil damage to exchange.
    You actually gain disease ticks with glyph of disease. The difference is small but you gain one disease tick every 60 seconds when using glyph of disease. Of course that isn't the reason why anyone uses it but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    15-17k crit from a single SS? I think i'm playing a different game, or a different patch.
    In a decent amount of icecrown gear ss can crit over 20k during trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellyton
    Well they do say that GoD takes a snapshot at your current AP, as do IT and PS when applied.
    This is a 1 page thread and you have already brought up the snapshot aspect 4 times. I can't comment on UH, as I can't stand the spec, but for frost I'm going to try it out and see if its more worthwhile than having IT glyph.

Alright, I'm starting to see why GoD isn't as good as i thought it to be. Thanks for the replies all! I'll go test out both glyphs some more just to be entirely sure. As Shiira said, with procs up my SS will hit like a truck, I've hit 18k with it and my gear isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeshini
    This is a 1 page thread and you have already brought up the snapshot aspect 4 times. I can't comment on UH, as I can't stand the spec, but for frost I'm going to try it out and see if its more worthwhile than having IT glyph.
    Absolutely not, glpyh of icy touch is unquestioned for frost and unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Well it is a big part of it, because instead of just rolling super buffed diseases like it did before, after being reapplied through either GoD or using IT and PS whatever your current AP is at is going to influence disease ticks greatly.

Agreed.

I don't doubt that, and I'm sure to swap back... still no reason not to give it a shot.

Icy touch glyph gives you 20% frost fever damage, bug a rogue for tricks at the start of every fight and glyph of disease gives you a 15% increase to BOTH diseases.

It's already better without factoring in the damage gained by trading a blood strike, plague strike, icy touch and 5 runic power for an obliterate every 20 seconds.

Basically this discussion boils down to your rogues, your ability, and the encounter.

A fight with time off the boss or lots of switching (Blood Princes comes to mind), GoD will probably be a dps loss.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Personally i dont like the glyph of disease in any spec. For blood its just wasting a heart strike, for a death strike. ud think its a dps increase but as ur loosing a glyph slot, and u get less damage out of ur previous diseases, and no damage from applying them, its a loss.
    for frost i wouldnt know, never went frost
    for unholy its cause i prefer diff glyphs over disease. its a good 4th, imho, but after i lined em up, i prefered the extra damage on death coil, as i specced it, thus making it a great 2nd ability instead of just a dump. its rly something personal. i just added up the damage.
    frost fever tick + blood plague tick + plague strike + icy touch + blood strike VS scourge strike. its not like i ever use the extra cooldown it gives me, cause i keep my runic power under 90 at all times, and i keep HoW on cooldown