1. #1

    Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    I'm currently having problems with this macro and a few other like it.
    #showtooltip
    Code:
    /cast [nomod] Arcane Shot(Rank 11)
    /cast [mod:shift] Concussive Shot
    /cast [mod:alt] Scatter Shot
    Now from what i can see there is nothing wrong with it. However in game the shift mod doesn't work. I was in the mist of setting this up for my hunter when and when it came time to test of none of the shift mods worked. I from there went in and made sure there were no shift ANYTHING keybinds on the keybind menu. Still didn't work, i tried writing new macros all together like,

    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [nomod] Freezing Arrow(Rank 1)
    /cast [mod:shift] Frost Trap
    /cast [mod:alt] Snake Trap
    or
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [nomod] Serpent Sting(Rank 12)
    /cast [mod:alt] Aimed Shot(Rank 9)
    /cast [modifier:shift] Chimera Shot(Rank 1)
    Still I got nothing.
    The no mods and the alt mods worked fine....the shift mods brought up the icon cd and tooltip but whenever i tried to fire them, in this case shift-1 shift-2 ect, they wouldn't fire. Ive also tried clicking them and still no luck. Needless to say I found this very frustrating. Any thoughts? ideas? Places where I made mistakes?

  2. #2

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    You always have to have your modifier before any "non-conditional" event.

    You also don't have to have seperate lines for each modifier you can simply seperate each event/modifier with a semicolon ";"

    try this:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Frost Trap; [mod:alt] Snake Trap; Arcane Shot
    That should get you rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Also, my money's on the Life-Binder whupping his ass and making him cry uncle in thirteen different languages. Then punting him into the Nether for the hell of it.

  3. #3

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    don't make the same mistake that I did at first and bind some other spell to shift+t while having shift modifier macro on t. or try to put a modifier macro behind a modifier bind.

  4. #4

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Venesha
    You always have to have your modifier before any "non-conditional" event.

    You also don't have to have seperate lines for each modifier you can simply seperate each event/modifier with a semicolon ";"

    try this:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Frost Trap; [mod:alt] Snake Trap; Arcane Shot
    That should get you rolling.
    That still isn't working for some reason. I cant explain it i know from looking at that one it should work perfectly however its not, no matter what i do or what spells i put into it the shift mod never works. Im at a complete loss at whats wrong here and yes lol MY SHIFT KEY WORKS....

    Maybe I'm getting this non conditional even wrong? The only thing thats wrong with theory is if thats so then your macro doesnt have it right either. Could you explain or point me in the right direction of where this could be explained?

  5. #5

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carni
    That still isn't working for some reason. I cant explain it i know from looking at that one it should work perfectly however its not, no matter what i do or what spells i put into it the shift mod never works. Im at a complete loss at whats wrong here and yes lol MY SHIFT KEY WORKS....

    Maybe I'm getting this non conditional even wrong? The only thing thats wrong with theory is if thats so then your macro doesnt have it right either. Could you explain or point me in the right direction of where this could be explained?
    Sounds like you've got it bound somewhere else.

    <assumes using t>

    To test just bind both shift t, and t to a random meaningless key. One will overwrite the other, and then bind your t key back to the macro.

  6. #6

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Nope Just tryed t, r, q, e. Made no differnece :'(

  7. #7

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carni
    ... MY SHIFT KEY WORKS....
    Lies!

  8. #8

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Put the macro on your main toolbar, the ones that are bound by default to 1-9 and the "-" and "=" key

    hold down the respective modifier keys, with the #showtooltip this should cause the icon to change to the respective spell

    If it is working this way then the macro is fine and somehow you have a keybind messing with whatever key you are trying to bind it to.

    if everything works except the shift key then you have some setting overriding any shift key modifiers, such as your default loot all option or the self cast modifier.

    Check those settings, if it still isn't working some addon may be interfering, other than that i have no clue what the hold up would be.

    and as was stated earlier if you have the macro bound to an already modified keybind, such as alt+f, any alt modifier wouldn't work as you already have to have it pressed to initialize the macro so its acting as a [nomod] option in essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Also, my money's on the Life-Binder whupping his ass and making him cry uncle in thirteen different languages. Then punting him into the Nether for the hell of it.

  9. #9

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    This is beyond annoyance for me now ive tried everything and anything ive went as far to unbind all keys except for the one im trying to use ive turned off all addons ive tired different kinds of spell ive tried everything i can think of and flat out now i wonder if this is even possible. I think the most annoying thing is that i have macros exactly like these on my rouge....they work!

  10. #10

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    swap ctrl, in for shift in the macro. does it work?

  11. #11

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by thagr8one55
    swap ctrl, in for shift in the macro. does it work?
    It appears to be just shift that doesn't work. Ive got all my addons turned off and every key and i mean every key except my q key unbound shift doesnt work for a modifer but crt, alt, and non do

  12. #12

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    sounds like you have shift set as your self cast key or some such so its overriding it, check the blizzard interface options to be sure as i dont think itll show up under your keybinds
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Also, my money's on the Life-Binder whupping his ass and making him cry uncle in thirteen different languages. Then punting him into the Nether for the hell of it.

  13. #13

    Re: Modifier Macros, how can i make this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Venesha
    sounds like you have shift set as your self cast key or some such so its overriding it, check the blizzard interface options to be sure as i dont think itll show up under your keybinds
    <3

    lol after all that my problem was the fact that my "attack focus target" was the shift key..sigh. ty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •