Valithria Dreamwalker - fire or arcane

We had a shot on 10man yesterday, and found that after a while, it was very hard to keep things in check.
    Arcane as we know, is good for burst. But with so many adds coming at a time, I am beginning to wonder if it is viable to try for deep fire spec or even frost/fire.

Re: Valithria Dreamwalker - fire or arcane

go on arcane.u need burst damage when blazing comes.It isn't dps fight
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Adds will die before living bomb will explode. And you need the burst for when supressors / blazing skeleton comes.

You're also able to get abit of incanters absorbtion from the ley waste with fire ward or from the mass frostbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    Adds will die before living bomb will explode. And you need the burst for when supressors / blazing skeleton comes.

You're also able to get abit of incanters absorbtion from the ley waste with fire ward or from the mass frostbolt.
    I hope you aren't using a GCD casting Fire Ward instead of attacking the add... Blazings should only ever get 1 tick off at most, 0 if your raid is quick.

on a side note... dps seams to be a real issue in 10man heroic in which case fire might be an intressting choice =/

Quote Originally Posted by naowin
    on a side note... dps seams to be a real issue in 10man heroic in which case fire might be an intressting choice =/
    Agreed with this, went fire and it did help towards the end where adds were starting to build up, at the beginning it's slim pickings and things die fast, last part I was so overwhelmed with the HS proc spam going off that it was hard to keep up with things.
    (This is Hard Mode, Arcane is still better for Normal.)
    You can never go back and change the beginning, but you can always write a new ending.

arcane.... its not mana intensive and the burst is amazing for adds

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    I hope you aren't using a GCD casting Fire Ward instead of attacking the add... Blazings should only ever get 1 tick off at most, 0 if your raid is quick.
    How about using fire ward when u see it coming out? thats what i usually do and it goes down before it even casts 1 lay waste sometimes.