Druid's Gear Appearing in Combat Solution

Here's a simple solution for the druids complaining that they can't see the beautifully graphics on the t10 they have acquired while they are fighting in combat:

-When your in shapeshift form, allow an option to allow whether or not it shows you shapeshifted or not. Similar to the "Show Cloak or Helm" option we currently have. You would still be shapeshifted and given the appropriate buffs, but visually you would be casting spells as if you were in your normal gear.

Might need to think of something else for feral's though.

Re: Druid's Gear Appearing in Combat Solution

trees and a cape or any armor would look just plain silly on a tree or boomkin and feral for that matter wait scratch that with a cape you could be super tree/boomkin/cat/bear
    Tycat was here

I think the better way would be to have the gear also shift accordingly. Medallions, chains, earrings, war paint...all things that could be added and modified accordingly. The war paint specifically, would be awesome. Any of you play Dragon Age: Origins? You can buy war paint for your war hound...it's awesome.

This just means some "I CAN'T SEE MY PRETTY GEAR QQ" would subside and be replaced by "I CAN'T SEE MY PRETTY FORMS QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycat
    trees and a cape or any armor would look just plain silly on a tree or boomkin and feral for that matter wait scratch that with a cape you could be super tree/boomkin/cat/bear
    He's saying that cat/bear/tree/moonkin don't even appear at all, you'd be in caster form doing shreds and rips and what nots.

Yeah for feral it's a no-go. I could see helmet or even weapon for a tree like boomkins have now. Most people enjoy being in their respective forms and the gear, no necessarily the elf/tauren models. I wouldn't choose for any gear on my cat or bear though. Would look silly.

And we already have war-paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

I don't want to see a Night Elf pawing around while FEROCIOUS BITE - 18000 appears on my screen, but that's just me.

My point: it would be too silly. Just like as a DK you don't have the option to turn your ghoul into Scarlett Johansson, as a Druid you should have to actually be a Cat to use Mangle (Cat). Shapeshifting is the class' signature, it wouldn't make any sense to "remove" it just so you can see your gear.

Hell, be glad you can hide it - I had to slam down a whole beer before growing the bollocks to buy my Priest's Relentless chest back then...
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

A problem for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Voidz
    Here's a simple solution for the druids complaining that they can't see the beautifully graphics on the t10 they have acquired while they are fighting in combat:

just wondering, what t10 are you using? i mean it's ok if you don't include the helm, otherwise it's the ugliest thing i've ever seen...

yes, wtb armor

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    This just means some "I CAN'T SEE MY PRETTY GEAR QQ" would subside and be replaced by "I CAN'T SEE MY PRETTY FORMS QQ"
    hence why i said the word "option". It wouldnt be a permanent thing, you could turn it on and off as you please, just like Show Cloak and Show Helmet.

It's quite simple: You would not be in your shapeshift form as a boomkin or resto (no feral), you would simply look like a priest or a mage when casting spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett
    ... Just like as a DK you don't have the option to turn your ghoul into Scarlett Johansson...
    THAT WOULD ROCK!

"Oh look its Scarlett Johansson! Hey Miss Johansson can i have your au... ARGHHH MY FACE"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    yes, wtb armor

win.

A thought that occured to me was to change tree of life a bit. I thought it'd look great if a druid in ToL would appear as a caster, but with a skin of bark and with certain things altered to appear more treeish. Like leaves instead of hair and facial hair and roots instead of fingers. So pretty much the hair of a dryad and the skin color and texture of a treant, while keeping the caster form shape.

It'd take the 'but wut bout mah epixxxx?' argument away and it would still make us look awesome. You could even change the appearance by altering your hair colour, thus making the leaves a different color etc. etc. Lots of interesting things imo. I guess this could be applied to chicken form too. It wouldn´t work out with cat or bear form though =D.

Then again, people would find new things to whine about. Like 'i look like a badger!1! qq'.

i like not being able to see my gear probably as much as you want to see it. I'm also that guy who turns off his cape and keeps on his helm.
    I say don't change a thing.