Thread: raid leading.

raid leading.

I am currently leading the raids of a guild in ICC 25, we have 5/12 in ICC but our dps is lacking to go onto festergut ( most of our dps pull around 5k ), any auggestions on what i can do?

Re: raid leading.

Stop bringing people who are in naxx10 gear.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Have your people gear up and learn to play. Anyone with 25man gear with 25man buffs should be able to pull 6k out easily if they know the rotation.

most players have full icc 25/10 gear

Don't bring anyone under 7k DPS (This is in general not on EVERY boss fight as some can really drag you down depending on what your doing) if you do it will just be fail. As RL its your responsibility to ensure the raid is successful and that you bring the people needed. If some cannot do whats needed find someone who can and tell those who aren't meeting requirements that in order to raid they need to study more about their class, gear itemization, rotations, etc. Maybe set up class/spec leaders who you know are fine examples of what you want everyone else to look like. This also effects Tanks and Healers not just DPS. Tanks have to have so much health, threat generation, and stats. Healers are hard to judge but generally there HPS can be compared to what there class/spec is and you can determine if they are doing a good job.

If you can't act like a RL and make the tough decisions then the guilds going to go no where and then your just clearing the same old same old.

we can an assigned class leader for each. we only have around 30 raiders at best wanting to come for 25 man raids, our server is terrible in progression and we are 3rd best on alliance side, bringing people over 7k dps would only leave us with around 8 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirien
    we can an assigned class leader for each. we only have around 30 raiders at best wanting to come for 25 man raids, our server is terrible in progression and we are 3rd best on alliance side, bringing people over 7k dps would only leave us with around 8 players.
    If anyone isn't pulling 8k+ on festurgut, and you don't want to kick them, work with them on their rotation and help them learn.

That or replace them. 5k is naxx10 level.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    If anyone isn't pulling 8k+ on festurgut, and you don't want to kick them, work with them on their rotation and help them learn.

thank you for the suggestion.

Yes but some people don't want to work that hard and will require you to remove them. Also as you said over half your raid is in this same boat. If you want to work with them all its going to be hell and back and can be much better for some to instruct them to search for answers on there own or to contact those in the guild doing what they want to do good.

I am currently leading the raids of a guild in ICC 25, we have 5/12 in ICC but our dps is lacking to go onto festergut ( most of our dps pull around 5k ), any auggestions on what i can do?

most players have full icc 25/10 gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Not quite. 3k-3.5k was pretty good/average back then on a Patchwerk-like fight, but a fresh 80 with full heroic/triumph gear these days can do about 4k on a dummy. 4.5-5k raid buffed, easily, especially on a fight like Festergut (And I personally know because that's the position of my offspec atm). Your dpsers are doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

Quote Originally Posted by ctskelton

Not quite. 3k-3.5k was pretty good/average back then on a Patchwerk-like fight, but a fresh 80 with full heroic/triumph gear these days can do about 4k on a dummy. 4.5-5k raid buffed, easily, especially on a fight like Festergut (And I personally know because that's the position of my offspec atm). Your dpsers are doing something wrong.

Depending on class, of course. Casters were doing ~5k in naxx, melee caught up once they started all getting KT weapons.

Try having them go to elitist jerks, downloading addons, or sitting at the dummy for hours. Something is really wrong.