Poll: Which would you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Hard modes - Triggered vs. Toggled?

Quote Originally Posted by .viridis
    Triggered, however I'd still prefer there to be no hard modes, make all the bosses reasonably harder, then make the final "lore" boss very hard and perhaps an extra boss that's extremely hard.

Then make 10 man raids for casuals only that are separate and have their own progression path and story which complements the 25 man one, and perhaps a single boss 50 man raid where 2 guilds would perhaps...

I'm day dreaming again.
    yeah, thats what tbc did right, i love the northrend raids alot (gameplay and lorewise) more than the tbc once, but i liked that there was only 1 setting on the different raids, it felt much more epic... i understand why blizz is doing it the current way though, when they make content.. they want all their players to be able to experience that, not just a select few.

I thought the triggers were very clever in ulduar. I'm a particular fan of XT, Thorim, and Mimiron where I actually felt as if I was making their lives worse.

Then again, the system they use for icecrown is sort of like triggering...just less fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

triggered of course. it gets you prepared for the hard mode really, and also fits in some epic scenes/quotes. favourite of mine is steelbreaker, "you seek the secrets of ulduar? then take them!"

just adds to the atmosphere really