Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Will Fire be back on top post 3.3?

Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy
    fire is superior for bql due to huge ignite ticks.
    umm what?

The bite you get is a flat % damage gain. It wouldn't make ignites a must have or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekker
    I miss the fire days! Allthough stats are fixed for arcane now... Its gonna be a bitch to get my hit rating back up.

Voa for the t10 legs and 60 badges for gloves should help, got me back up around 14%

I'm gonna guess and say that Fire will be the initial catalysm "spec to be" for mages, blizz is just prepping us for the higher hit requirements ( which will be universally higher due to the way it will work ) , and the changes/simplifications in talents.

This all being said, I'll probably stay arcane after 3.3.3 because I'm horrible at managing mana and I like fast evocates.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman
    I'm gonna guess and say that Fire will be the initial catalysm "spec to be" for mages, blizz is just prepping us for the higher hit requirements ( which will be universally higher due to the way it will work ) , and the changes/simplifications in talents.

This all being said, I'll probably stay arcane after 3.3.3 because I'm horrible at managing mana and I like fast evocates.
    If you're horrible at managing mana, you want to be fire, not arcane. As fire you almost never have to evocate, so the CD is irrelevant. Only time you'd have to is if you died and got brezzed or on a super long fight like LK

I have been saving Fire gear all this time to make sure that when it came back (witch I knew it would) I would be ready and still raid fire in Pugs I love fire. With the changes should come very close it was not too far behind if the right raid comp was there. Fire seems to be more on what is in the raid when Arcane is more of a independent spec. I just can not wait to test it out

Just a small piece of info.

I was testing fire on the PTR on the dummies, which makes the test not so reliable, but still. In the meantime i was arcane on live servers.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Legion&cn=Mouz is the armory.
    So, the arcane rotation was- abx4mbarr on procc, +Cooldowns on cooldown (lol).
    Fire - Scorch->LB-> FB spam till HS procc, the usualy cookie cutter specc, with Molten armor, fireball, and living bomb glyphs.
    Results - not only that i lasted like 1,5-2 mins more as fire, but eventhough living bomb explosion affected the dummy near the primary one, i did like 400-500 dps more then arcane.
    Also, on live im with wrathfull dagger, which i got tonight, and on ptr im with Frost Needle, which is roughly 100 sp difference. Also dont forget the bigger delay that is on the ptr, and the lack of addons.

Overall, im really really happy with the fire changes, and im deffinetely going fire as soon as the patch hits live.
    /hopes of no flaming inc.

Playing my mage for the first time since the Arcane buff because of the upcoming fire buffs. Bought RotD for 10k today because I can't wait

Fire will be pretty awesome on all fights except those that require fast target switching.
    With the buffs to pyro I'm pretty torn between the two specs, but then I remember the nerf to IA, and for me that tips the balance.

As for mana I'm finding it harder to keep my mana up as fire than as arcane atm. Arcane is just not as mana intensive as it used to be due to 4x t10 meaning that the optimal rotation is 3xAB Mbarr. Coupled with the shorter evocation cooldown I rarely have mana problems as arcane now.

Whilst as fire, I went it for the LK the other day. I found myself having to think about when to use gems and evo so to not find myself oom at the crucial stages of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    While I agree that fire will be better for movement/add fights, I don't think Deathwhisper would be such a case. Unless you're doing heroic mode, the adds die so fast that LB won't go off. Most guilds put ranged on the boss, so the only time you have to move is for DnD or shades.

This is what I'll most likely be going come 3.3.3:

Lord Mar: Toss up, Fire has dots to tick and pyros to throw during Bonestorm if he goes out of range, but that isn't too often.
    Lady Deathwhisper: Arcane
    Gunship: Fire, can you say LB spam?
    Saurfang: Arcane
    Festergut: Arcane
    Rotface: Arcane
    Putricide: Fire
    BPQ: Fire, better range, and the fight does have some more movement in it.
    BQL: Arcane
    VRW: Arcane
    Sindragosa: Arcane with IA if you have it. Fire might be attractive if you don't since it has a longer cast time which helps managing the debuff. Also, I've noticed that a FB/pyro combo only results in 1 stack instead of 2. This may be the result of my higher latency however.
    Lich King: Fire, possibly FFB.
    LK fire for sure. I didn't think mana was too much of an issue when we killed him (at least not a big enough issue to go FFB).

On a side note, I did festergut as fire last night and pulled around 10k dps, I pull around the same as arcane on that fight. They're pertty even although I'd like some more crit (COUGH PoTNL). I can't wait to see the damage after the buffs. Finally pyroblast scaling! I basically jump around between fire and arcane if I get bored. All of the fights are doable as fire. Some are a bit easier as arcane, but fire is making a comeback for sure.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.