In a ret delima. (Spelling*?)

Gonna start this off with the fact I cannot spell, so bare with me.

(( Couple paragraphs down is the flat out uhh... question...? It's bolded and underlined at the heading. ))

None the less, my problem is; I was born a holy paladin, but suddenly have to go ret! I've always been a holy paladin, ALWAYS. I even leveled as holy being new to the game, I just loved the idea of bein' in charge of keepin' my allies goin' through combat. Started Burning Crusade, PvPed a ton, did a few raids. Always preformed well, knew my shit as holy and what not. Same into Wrath, I even have a nice reputation on my server for being a good/reliable healer.

Well guild drama none concernin' me happened then guild went RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH and we all jumped off the lift in 1k needles and died, the GM disbanding the guild in mid-air. And though I miss my guildies and such, and have kept in contact with a few, raiding was never really my concern I still just focused on PvP, still gettin' better at that to, and I've even reached 2100 rating one the 2's bracket which I am very proud of. Go ahead and talk how that's nothin' I really don't mind I'm enjoying the game. (:

WELL, some of my friends haven't found a new niche/guild they get to annualy raid with and were pretty bummed out. Knowing my friends were bummed out, it kinda bummed me out since I easily attach to even the cyber people I meet over this game and want them to be happy. SO I am takin' it into my own hands and've mustered up a solid 10 man group of people reliable folks who can make raids on a nightly basis, blah blah blah we got everything pretty set out thus far.

THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND:
    In organizing this group of individuals, a friend who has long time wished to raid by me, has joined my team. And he is also a holy paladin. And sadly, runnin' two holy paladins just wouldn't be as smart as to run with well, raid healers to accompany the holy paladin duh!~ I dunno. Thing is, he don't have a 'viable' DPS set and I do. I've learned priority list and such, but my gear just feels quiet jankey. Considering all my frost accumluated thus far has been for holy, I'm makin' a late switch to ret and have to ask the people for their help. I've ran 25 man ICC for a couple weeks as preperation for this switch, and my dps varies greatly depenin' on fights, and pugs runnin' all the way to fester each week.

For those of you who took the time to read my many tangents, I thank you kindly for you are a generous person, I... hope. But I'd just like some experienced retribution Paladins to look my gear over, and gimmie some ways to fix things.

Few things I would like to say before the thrashin' begins:

~Never posted on a forum besides the WoW ones, and this was just random little things about my server. No idea if I'm just gonna get flamed for poor gear or what.

~I've only really focused on PvP Healing, and the PvE Healing thing was just to help my friends. This ret gear is just what was left over after the Melee Plate had their way with ICC and I got the shinies left over.

~I'm aware PvP gear is not choice for raidin'. But the peices I wear are all I have really and so far I'm puttin' out some decent numbers. (( I feel their decent. ))

~I looked at this RAWR thing, Dowloaded it, and it is telling me tier 9 is a better upgrade then tier 10. And I'm all like, (( Lolwut I wanna do the shiney spin s'more. (AKA Divine Storm.) ))

~Is the crit dot worth it? If so I should get what peice?

~I have like, 105ish frost at the ready to purchase a peice of something that'll make me hit harder, I'm just gonna be very selective.

~Uhh... Brain fart.....

~I am aware helm and shoulders are not chanted, but I wanna hear what you all have to say before I go throwin' stuff around.

~I purchased Relentlus Helm for ret with extra points last season, dunno if this is better then my 232 helm.....

~I HAVE A HEART, BE NICE.

Just uh... drop me some tips, or pointers.... I'm a scared, scared holy paladin, just tryin' to dps for the friends D:

~Lyni of Arygos. (:

ARMOURY LINK. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Arygos&cn=Lyni

Re: In a ret delima. (Spelling*?)

Almost forgot to mention, I know everyone says to use the agility ashen verdict ring, and it's normally where the wrathful ring is, I just got the healing one in my bag at the moment, but I switch at the door so I'm set there.

3k more reputation till exalted. (:

Mostly just looks like need stuff to drop to replace the PvE stuff. Stat wise aren't looking too bad. Could try to go T10 shoulders/gloves, and T9 helmet(then get trophys for helm/legs if can). Obviously got a bit too much hit(the weapon :P).

Seem to know what your doing for the most part. Since you'd be focusing on 10 mans I'd say to check what items will be easily accessible(which bosses you guys will be downing easy) to see what you are more guaranteed to replace, and to check if any of the new heroics can replace some of the stuff(since it's PvP gear). And like most realms there's probably ToC25 pugs, so I'd recommend going into those and trying to replace some of that stuff.

Alrighty, that makes me feel a little less antsy about this change I guess.

Is T9 2 set worth it really? I could throw together 2 peices of that, maybe grind out the helm before we start raiding or something..... And yeah, I'm gonna get both pieces of tier at once, after knowing I'm for real goin just full on ret.

Still lookin' to hear from others, gonan be weird goin' from epic awesome healer, to just another dps. Oh how I shall miss the power, the holy healing people power. q_q lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshkau
    Alrighty, that makes me feel a little less antsy about this change I guess.

Is T9 2 set worth it really? I could throw together 2 peices of that, maybe grind out the helm before we start raiding or something..... And yeah, I'm gonna get both pieces of tier at once, after knowing I'm for real goin just full on ret.

Still lookin' to hear from others, gonan be weird goin' from epic awesome healer, to just another dps. Oh how I shall miss the power, the holy healing people power. q_q lol.
    2T9 is awesome. Pretty mandatory until you get 4T10 I guess.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

If possible, I'd try to pick up 2p t10 as well as 2p t9. Both offer bonuses that will increase your dps by decent amount and work very well together until you are able to pick up 4p t10. Other than that, I think your off to a good start. Your spec/glyphs/gems seem to be correct thus far.

Also, don't be afraid to pick up leather gear. It is often itemized better than equivalent plate gear of the same ilevel and will give you tons of crit. Just try not to jack it from leather wearing classes who need the piece or you'll find yourself pissing of a lot of people =P

Not everyone on every forum is going to blast you for asking for help. Most people are nice and will help you out with whatever they have learned. No need to be afraid.

First thing get 2t9. Look in rawr to show you what 2 pieces are going to be over the tier 10 in DPS. I know the leggings are listed higher in my rawr. Don't pass over leather gear either. AP+Agi can be very good for rets starting to gear up as opposed to pvp gear. Also, 232 dps pieces are probably going to be better than 245 pvp gear plus you won't draw hate for raiding 25s with pvp gear. I can imagine people have been giving you a hard time and/or not letting you in as often.

Good luck and welcome to ret! Remember that raiders change now and then and you should be able to keep up on holy gear too. It's not a permanent change if you don't want it to be.
    My 80s
    Ret/Prot Paladin
    Afflic Warlock
    Mut Rogue
    Enhance Shaman
    Prot Warrior
    Unholy Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter
    If possible, I'd try to pick up 2p t10 as well as 2p t9. Both offer bonuses that will increase your dps by decent amount and work very well together until you are able to pick up 4p t10. Other than that, I think your off to a good start. Your spec/glyphs/gems seem to be correct thus far.

Also, don't be afraid to pick up leather gear. It is often itemized better than equivalent plate gear of the same ilevel and will give you tons of crit. Just try not to jack it from leather wearing classes who need the piece or you'll find yourself pissing of a lot of people =P

Shit I ment to ask this, the only other leather wearer (In-Game *sexy wink* )) is my friend Bulldoza who is very geared as far as I know and I can forsee him just passin' most've the stuff we come across 10 man ICC wise. How do I determine Agility Attack Power stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by darkfenix_rizen
    Not everyone on every forum is going to blast you for asking for help. Most people are nice and will help you out with whatever they have learned. No need to be afraid.

First thing get 2t9. Look in rawr to show you what 2 pieces are going to be over the tier 10 in DPS. I know the leggings are listed higher in my rawr. Don't pass over leather gear either. AP+Agi can be very good for rets starting to gear up as opposed to pvp gear. Also, 232 dps pieces are probably going to be better than 245 pvp gear plus you won't draw hate for raiding 25s with pvp gear. I can imagine people have been giving you a hard time and/or not letting you in as often.

Good luck and welcome to ret! Remember that raiders change now and then and you should be able to keep up on holy gear too. It's not a permanent change if you don't want it to be.
    Honestly people haven't said a word about my PvP gear, think it's cause I'm all around loved by my server since I spend to much time on it, and I'm known by most to know my shit.

My 2nd time dpsing in the 25 man, I got multible whispers from outside the raid; "Woah, you dps now?" Lol. (:

And I'm glad to hear there are nice people about, my general idea of forums were places where un-expecting people came to be ravaged by Trolls. ( Not the fun lovin' kind of the Horde either. )

Thanks for posotive replies, again. (:

Shit I ment to ask this, the only other leather wearer (In-Game *sexy wink* )) is my friend Bulldoza who is very geared as far as I know and I can forsee him just passin' most've the stuff we come across 10 man ICC wise. How do I determine Agility Attack Power stuff?
    Strength is going to give you 2.3 AP per point. Of course, this is slightly higher with kings. While one point of agility will give you .88% crit rating. Usually the added crit is more valuable than the extra AP you would receive from the Str item.

I would recommend playing around with Rawr. It'll give you a pretty good idea of what gear to go after. Also, http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...n-paladin-faq/ is a great reference source for all things Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter
    Strength is going to give you 2.3 AP per point. Of course, this is slightly higher with kings. While one point of agility will give you .88% crit rating. Usually the added crit is more valuable than the extra AP you would receive from the Str item.

I would recommend playing around with Rawr. It'll give you a pretty good idea of what gear to go after. Also, http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...n-paladin-faq/ is a great reference source for all things Ret.
    Alrighty, I'll get to checkin' this out. Thank you very much. (:

I'll check this forum again later to see if I've received anymore tips/suggestions, for now I rest. Stupid cold season. Hope I wake with my voice back. XD Tah all~<3

~Lyni of Arygos.

15+ Year Old Account

Just want to put out that I giggled at the way OP was set up, cheers.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Hiya =)

Grab the T9 helm from badges until so you have 2 piece T9 set, then grab the T10 gloves and Shoulders as soon as you have 120 badges.

Then you should be set for a while. You'll get a few decent upgrades in 10 man content. There is a really nice cloak from gunship, and some other great pieces around the place, so it won't take you long to gear up at all!

Before moving to T10 4 piece set, make sure you have enough badges to buy both pieces at the same time. I'd get the T10 helm and legs as the chest piece you have is pretty sweet. Hopefully you get lucky in Voa and get the legs from there!

Good luck!

OP is meanin' Original Poster I would guess, and if that be the case I glad I'm able to be giggled at? xD

And yeah I saw the cloak, even the boots as well. Kinda wanna get the pants crafted and get teh chest peice.... I'm kinda not diggin' the whole dress things... ahahah

10+ Year Old Account

~I looked at this RAWR thing, Dowloaded it, and it is telling me tier 9 is a better upgrade then tier 10. And I'm all like, (( Lolwut I wanna do the shiney spin s'more. (AKA Divine Storm.) ))

~Is the crit dot worth it? If so I should get what peice?

~I am aware helm and shoulders are not chanted, but I wanna hear what you all have to say before I go throwin' stuff around.
    Rawr tells you that t9 is better than t10 because u already equiped t9 Legs.

Enchant those Shoulders u will change them for t10 so u will have those for some time

In b4 Switch Helm to t9 get Tokens ^^

Try to get rid of the PvP gear but u know that already

and Grats you did your homework Pretty well ^^

now facreoll the shit out of Icc

As DPS standing behind the boss, you only need 26 expertise. You equipped the recently received http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47881, which provides 10 expertise. You also have the glyph that provides 10 expertise when using Seal of Corruption. Neither of which are not necessary unless you upgrade pieces and lose expertise. If you have some new upgrades that drop your expertise, then get them enchanted/gemmd, and equipped. If not, equipping an iLvl 200 trinket would be more dps than the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47881, and you can switch the glyph to Glyph of Exorcism. Both of which would increase your dps.

TL;DR

Dilemma*