Post 3.3.3 Twins spec for mages

Well, since the big IA nerf thats incoming for 3.3.3 (and buff to fire) , I'd like to see what people think about going fire for twins post 3.3.3 to stay competitive with other classes. No doubt that keeping living bomb up on both Valkyrs & having it explode aoe on each other (assuming your guild tanks them side by side, which they should) should great for some extra damage. But the question is, will it top arcane & will it make us competitive with other classes that have massive cleave damage on their side?

Re: Post 3.3.3 Twins spec for mages

All fights that wont have frost/fire dam will prior fire spec.

15+ Year Old Account

Umm... equip ilvl 264 gear and profit? If you can already beat this fight, you probably don't need to worry about top performance on it. Kinda like we don't really need to worry about top performance on Heigan either.

I'm thinking about going frost to ease kiting of ghouls on gluth.

No but seriously, if you really are going to spec for twin val'kyr (??) then consider this; The living bomb on the one of the same color as you will take reduced damage by you and your living bomb on it will be a dps loss even if the explosion at the end hit the other one.

If you're doing heroic and using the door method, your dps shouldn't have any problem killing them in one cycle. So mages will no longer be able to pull 20k+ dps on this fight, big deal. The only thing that is getting nerfed is your e-peen.

Our guild still does twins hm and while it's easy to down the boss its also fun to compete with other players. My guild likely won't progress through icc25 hardmodes and with LK normal 25 down, the game is pretty much over for us with regards to current content. Min/maxing numbers on fights that we do currently ends up being the "game" that we pretty much play as we take on the role of casual raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher
    Our guild still does twins hm and while it's easy to down the boss its also fun to compete with other players. My guild likely won't progress through icc25 hardmodes and with LK normal 25 down, the game is pretty much over for us with regards to current content. Min/maxing numbers on fights that we do currently ends up being the "game" that we pretty much play as we take on the role of casual raiding.
    Why would you _not_ do hardmodes if Lichking is down??? i iz confuzed
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamyyl
    Why would you _not_ do hardmodes if Lichking is down??? i iz confuzed
    This...

Wtf? Pretty sure if you can kill LK then you should at least be able to do easier hardmodes. Didn't you hear? Gunship is free 277s.

Sorry, should've been more clear on original post - should have typed "when/if we down LK 25, the game will be over for us." We haven't even downed sindragosa 25 normal yet. We simply don't have the talent/motivation/patience to complete hardmodes on 25. We fall into the casual raiding niche that blizzard has carved out for us with normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher
    Sorry, should've been more clear on original post - should have typed "when we down LK 25, the game will be over for us." We haven't even downed sindragosa 25 normal yet. We simply don't have the talent/motivation/patience to complete hardmodes on 25. We fall into the casual raiding niche that blizzard has carved out for us with normal modes.
    Assuming you do down LK, there will be the buff to make things easier that you can do hardmodes with. Anyway, if your "game is over" after LK because people are afraid of hardmodes, go do ulduar hardmodes. The dps requirements should be a joke now, but the fights are still fun and they still give ironbounds and mimiron heads.

Also, arcane is good on valkyr for more than just IA. Damage modifiers scale multiplicitively, so AB stacks, AP, and Quad Core all give you more benefit from the dark/light buff than other classes. LBing multiple valkyr is bad as fire, also, because one is doing 50% damage and still uses a global. LB is good, I doubt it's 200% DPET of a fireball.

The "light" damage you absorb when you're black is fire damage afaik, so IA will still be beneficial.