Deleted

Players disappearing during pursuit in WG

Can anyone explain, or at least confirm it's not just happening to me, why when pursuing someone of the opposite faction in WG on flying mount they will suddenly just fade out nowhere to be seen?

At first I figured I was just unluckily following someone who's queue just popped but after the 10th person does it I can't help but think this is unlikely.

It can't be they are logging out as you cannot manoeuvre whilst the 20s ticks down and these players are weaving all over the shop.

Anyone else seen this?

Re: Players disappearing during pursuit in WG

You can right click the bg icon thing on your minimap and leave Wintergrasp. Uses your hearth though, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30
    Can anyone explain, or at least confirm it's not just happening to me, why when pursuing someone of the opposite faction in WG on flying mount they will suddenly just fade out nowhere to be seen?

At first I figured I was just unluckily following someone who's queue just popped but after the 10th person does it I can't help but think this is unlikely.

It can't be they are logging out as you cannot manoeuvre whilst the 20s ticks down and these players are weaving all over the shop.

Anyone else seen this?
    Much of Northrend uses 'phasing.' You know that tech in the starting zone that allowed 500 players to be in the same 50 yards of the zone, but it appeared that only three people were in that questing area with you? That tech that allows you to see NPCs and such that others who aren't on the same part of the quest line as you can't see?

It's the same thing. WG uses phasing. It's the same reason why mining/herb nodes disappear and it appears there's nobody there to farm it. It got looted in another 'phase.' The person you were following phased out.

Reading your post made me cry because there is still no aerial dogfights :'(

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    Much of Northrend uses 'phasing.'

It's the same thing. WG uses phasing. It's the same reason why mining/herb nodes disappear and it appears there's nobody there to farm it. It got looted in another 'phase.' The person you were following phased out.
    I know WG uses phasing, that's why we can't see the big elementals when the opposite faction controls the zone. But... I can't recall any phasing in Wintergrasp that involves players phasing, only the NPCs. So It doesn't really make much sense to me, in that zone. I can understand it in Icecrown and Storm Peaks, but I don't recall any questline that will change your phase in WG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel
    I know WG uses phasing, that's why we can't see the big elementals when the opposite faction controls the zone. But... I can't recall any phasing in Wintergrasp that involves players phasing, only the NPCs. So It doesn't really make much sense to me, in that zone. I can understand it in Icecrown and Storm Peaks, but I don't recall any questline that will change your phase in WG.
    There is no quest line involved. To accommodate such a large number of people in a small area, players are phased.

There is no quest line involved. To accommodate such a large number of people in a small area, players are phased.
    I thought WG was the one place that phasing was not implemented as its a combat zone?

Deleted

This doesn't make sense, at all.

Yes, WG is not that big a zone. But how many people are there on your server (outside of combat and ignoring people that come for VOA, that is)? On mine there's only the usual WG-farmers that come for ores and herbs and, if we have the zone, a few that come to browse the pvp gear.

In combat, why would it be phased? Blizzard implemented the queue and cap on WG in an attempt to avoid lag issues. I've never seen anyone mention phasing as part of WG, until this thread. If some people, on either side, is in another phase during WG combat, it creates unfair (dis)advantages depending on which phase you are in. So I seriously doubt that there are phasing in Wintergrasp during combat.

Do you have a link to some post somewhere that says Phasing (involving players, not the elementals) is active in WG?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion
    I thought WG was the one place that phasing was not implemented as its a combat zone?
    There was no phasing at first, but they later changed it to lower the insane lag.

Deleted

But wouldn't you think if phasing was in place there was good reason to not have us go out of phase from one another. In almost all occasions we have each other targeted.

Luckily some realise I am challenging them and we both head for the ground, never had a problem where we have done that, although the attempts to gain the first superior footing is often funny.

I didn't think about the right click WG icon and leave. Does /AFK or /CAMP work the same in WG as in BGs anyone know? Will have to test these tonight I think.

Only objects (such as nodes and herbs) and the elemental npcs are phased in wintergrasp. What you're experiencing is just when somebody flies into the next 'zone' of the area, because WoW only loads NPCs and PCs in certain areas at certain intervals, and it's all divided up. Try following a friend on a flying mount through Storm Peaks, or Dragonblight. They will most likely disappear and reappear a few times.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Only objects (such as nodes and herbs) and the elemental npcs are phased in wintergrasp. What you're experiencing is just when somebody flies into the next 'zone' of the area, because WoW only loads NPCs and PCs in certain areas at certain intervals, and it's all divided up. Try following a friend on a flying mount through Storm Peaks, or Dragonblight. They will most likely disappear and reappear a few times.
    Thought of this, but as you are also crossing that boundary a second or two later when it happens elsewhere, the other person will re-appear long before they get out of range. This would be unless they know of the boundary and use it to their advantage. Possible but how likely?

Appreciating the feedback all and how awesome would aerial dogfighting really be ? :O Only druids get it fun at the moment and I've seen some impressive form shift > cast >flight form moves. Normally used against me unfortunately

Maybe your view setting suck.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Appreciating the feedback all and how awesome would aerial dogfighting really be ? :O Only druids get it fun at the moment and I've seen some impressive form shift > cast >flight form moves. Normally used against me unfortunately
    You cant flight form in combat I'm afraid you have to shadowmeld and press your flightform key fast but this can't be done in mid air

...Only druids get it fun at the moment and I've seen some impressive form shift > cast >flight form moves. Normally used against me unfortunately
    Boomkin druids yea? typoon knockback then you fall to your death. thank goodness blizzard noticed this, knockbacks wont dismount you anymore but you will still get the knockback.

In the next patch ofc.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed
    Maybe your view setting suck.
    Maybe my view settings are at max.............. maybe.

You cant flight form in combat I'm afraid you have to shadowmeld and press your flightform key fast but this can't be done in mid air
    Strange. I'd swear I've had a druid drop out of flight hit me with something drop back into flight a short while later. We were quiet high the last time I saw this if that has anything to do with it.

If you drop far enough to come out of combat then you can go back to flight form... do THEY not disappear?

Deleted

If you drop far enough to come out of combat then you can go back to flight form... do THEY not disappear?
    Now that is both weird and telling regarding the game engine mechanics.

If I sit at the same xy coords as a friend, or enemy, and fly straight up, no matter how far up I fly I can still see them. Sure, after a few seconds they are only the red/green/light blue name above the head and you cannot read it but they do not fade away. If they move away in either the X or y direction they will fade as per normal.

So no they don't (the druid) disappear.

and +1 to the right click on the map pvp icon and click leave, but I just realised I did not try it in combat to see if that works.

Thanks for the replies guys/gals.

As rogue I like following people around in WG as well. I noticed people disappearing as well during following.

I found out it seems to be when they switch zones in WG. So when the name of the area they fly over changes, they dissapear until you enter the same named area.

yay first post was usefull!

Edit: it's not all zones. But quite a few.