10man ICC - Holy/Disc/Shadow

As a main spec healer, what spec do you think is most effective on each boss? My main is a tree, and I'm just polling here to help out my raid group as how to most efficiently/effectively comp and heal our raids.

This is assuming you have a Holy Pally in the group, as well as either a Tree/Shaman. So three heals possible when needed.

Marrow:
    Lady:
    Gunship:
    DBS:
    Fester:
    Rotface:
    PP:
    Council:
    Queen:
    Valithria:
    Sindragosa:
    LK:

*edit*
    Don't be shy guys. I would assume Disc is ideal for every fight save Blood Queen and Sindragosa, where Holy is desired. Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Re: 10man ICC - Holy/Disc/Shadow

Marrow: holy
    Lady: shadow
    Gunship: shadow
    DBS: shadow
    Fester: shadow
    Rotface: shadow
    PP: shadow
    Council: debatable, personally would run as holy since enrage timer isn't an issue.. better to be safe
    Queen: holy
    Valithria: holy
    Sindragosa: holy
    LK: holy

Honestly with the group setup you specified, there isn't much space for a disc priest to be more viable than a holy priest, exception being maybe marrowgar. Disc has it's utility, but with a holy paladin around, it's better to just go holy for raid heals, at least imo.

Kary: Fair enough. What if the Shammy/Tree had a DPS spec? Would you find it more ideal for HPally/HPriest combo, or keep the HPally/Tree-or-Shammy heals?

I don't know why, but I just have a raging crush on Disco Priests. I do understand, however, that in a 10man they probably aren't most efficiently utilized. Maybe I should just suggest our guy go Holy/Shadow? He's flexible and will do whatever is in the group's best interest.

Marrow: Disc
    Lady: Shadow
    Gunship: Shadow
    DBS: Shadow
    Fester: Shadow
    Rotface: Shadow
    PP: Shadow
    Council: Disc
    Queen: How good is your Tree? Awesome Tree=Shadow // Decent Tree=Disc // Shaman=Holy
    Valithria: Holy
    Sindragosa: Disc
    LK: Disc

The thing is, with only 10 people in a raid, PW:S provides much more synergy w/ your Tree/Shaman. Holy would be best for VDW so you can stay out of the portal, heal raid/tanks, & drop GS on CD.

Don't be shy guys. I would assume Disc is ideal for every fight save Blood Queen and Sindragosa, where Holy is desired. Enlighten me if I'm wrong.
    Valithria: Holy - stay outside heal raid and spam GS every cooldown.

If you have the priest healing on any other encounter than Valithria then BQ or Sindragosa will be better as holy, otherwise Disc.

Which of your healers are healing and which are dpsing should really come down to buff coverage, and how good your healers/tanks are.

Marrow: Shadow, JOKE
    Lady: Shadow, JOKE
    Gunship: Disc, Holy or Shadow, this fights a J^O^K^E; you can probably play with your self and STILL WIN
    DBS: Shadow, JOKE
    Fester: Shadow, JOKE
    Rotface: Shadow, assuming you have no idiots in your raid that promote unnecessary damage.
    PP: Shadow, easily 2 heal able in 10 man
    Council: Shadow or Disc depending how good your healers are and how good your Warock tank is
    Queen: Holy, she does too much burst
    Valithria: Holy for GS on her
    Sindragosa: Holy, probably can 2 heal it but its better to be safe then sorry because you never knew who will get the ice block
    LK: Disc, Disc, Disc, Disc, Disc? Did i mention you should play DISC for this encounter?

but fyi the best 2 heal comp in 10 mans is either Holy Priest/Resto Shaman or Holy Paladin/Resto Druid

and the best 3 heal comp is Priest/Shaman/Druid

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    The thing is, with only 10 people in a raid, PW:S provides much more synergy w/ your Tree/Shaman. Holy would be best for VDW so you can stay out of the portal, heal raid/tanks, & drop GS on CD.
    I agree, thus probably the motivation for my lovecrush on Discos. As a tree, healing is so lol'able it's not even funny with John Travolta as my partner in crime. I remember carrying groups via healing through 5min Rotface encounters as well as saving bads during Council taking way too much damage than required.

Conflicting posts so far as to whether or not going Holy or Disc is ideal. WTB more people opining here. This group's tree is average. I'm a pro tree but the raid in question is my alt's raiding group, where I'm the DK OT.

Ultimately on most of the fights on normal it's about what your priest is most comfortable playing. The normal modes aren't that hard so the person playing the spec he enjoys (and thus usually plays better) is way better than some small advantage you might get from him speccing something else. Hardmodes will be a bit different matter.

Also all of this depends on how many healers you want. If you only want 2, the priest goes shadow.

Marrowgar: shadow, disc or holy depending on if you need extra healing on tanks or not.

Lady Deathwhisper: shadow

Gunship: shadow. If you want 3 healers it will be disc but I don't see the need for 3 healers.

Saurfang: shadow, you benefit more from the extra dps

Rotface: shadow if people actually play right. If you need more healing you might benefit more from disc healing the diseased targets.

Festergut: shadow or if you need an extra healer holy

Putricide: shadow/holy depending on how good your healers/dps is

Blood princes: whatever your priest is most comfortable with since both work, disc might have an advantage on the tank healing (the guy chasing the shadow thingies might end up oor for beaconing)

BQL: Holy is probably best but I actually always disc mainly because people are spread out so it's mostly PoH that will safely reach everyone + spamming shields help (the other healers have always been fine with this). Disc can have mana problem here however.

Valithria: holy for GS and raid healing

Sindragosa: I found disc a bit better than holy because shields and fast heals help. Also having an extra tank healer as backup when pala needs to drop debuffs helps. Holy however works as well.

LK: disc without any doubt. Shields are just too nice for infest (absorbing all of the damage), can help on tank healing and any raid damage besides infest can easily be covered by someone else or by the disc priest for that matter.