Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimraven
    they remove armor penetration from gear and give us haste instead - nice!
    how is that supposed to be good for a warrior?
    oh wait, we are tanks, I get it.

soooo glad I am not gonna be playing cataclysm
    What part of "everything is changing" are you having trouble with? You have no idea if haste will be good for Warriors or not. We have no idea what your talent tree, abilities, or itemization will look like. If you can't keep up rage generation without haste, you'll like haste. It's all changing.

Can you link your wowarmory profile so I could laugh at your warrior?
    If you go for haste as a warrior you are terrible
    He didn't say he uses haste. He said he'd like to see it be useful. He doesn't know what it will look like either. It's. All. Changing. We'll see when more information comes out. Haste went from "meh" to really good for Combat Rogues in one patch, all they did was change poison mechanics. This is a major overhaul of the whole stat system, none of which has been well explained yet. Wait and see.

EDITED for screwed up quote

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    And spirit is terrible for resto shamans. Guess what. Things are changing.

You whining about haste is like a shaman coming in here and saying "BUT SPIRIT IS TERRIBLE FOR SHAMANS!!".
    yeah, well... it was good while it lasted and now they are making it terrible so I choose to quit

adios

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    They always use this "we want to make it more interesting" line for every dumbing down change they make.

Deleted

yeah, well... it was good while it lasted and now they are making it terrible so I choose to quit
    And this is based on your understanding of the changes? Which frankly has been shown to be not very extensive. You'll have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it that Blizz are making "it" terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer
    What part of "everything is changing" are you having trouble with? You have no idea if haste will be good for Warriors or not. We have no idea what your talent tree, abilities, or itemization will look like. If you can't keep up rage generation without haste, you'll like haste. It's all changing.

He didn't say he uses haste. He said he'd like to see it be useful. He doesn't know what it will look like either. It's. All. Changing. We'll see when more information comes out. Haste went from "meh" to really good for Combat Rogues in one patch, all they did was change poison mechanics. This is a major overhaul of the whole stat system, none of which has been well explained yet. Wait and see.

Something I'd like to know, is if currently, it's possible to reach a haste point as a combat rogue without gimping other major stats, to make a faster OH weapon for potency unnecessary?

EDIT: Just realized that's off topic, and would probably be found in a rogue forum anyways. But, on topic, if it isn't possible already, could haste change for energy make it so?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook
    At least we know now what happens to ArP.

I also welcome the change of gem colors - blue was absolutely terrible outside of Stamina.

But the new Spirit design for Elemental Shamans and Moonkins sounds kinda flawed, considering they share gear with healers.
    I'm hoping the spirit to hit ratio is of a lower capacity than actual hit rating. But oomkin and ele shams have a slightly lower pool of gear to choose from (excluding lower armor classes) when it comes to getting hit capped. Also, those 2 classes can go dps in their healing gear, which I find hilarious.

My biggest concern as a tree isn't losing my gear to boomkin, but rather, losing my gear to ele shaman. They added incentive for plate to not take leather/mail, what's to stop paladins or shaman from rocking a full cloth set?

Force armor classes imo. Plate wears plate, leather wears leather.

apologies

And now, how will the haste be more effective for warrior?
    There is no way it can be more effective.

What, do you think they will make haste affect your global cooldown timers? No way in the world that is happening.

Besides that, it will affect your melee swing timers... WOW .... that is so ...TERRIBLE!
    No problem. I have no clue, really, how they would truly make haste effective. Haste already changes the GCD timer, perhaps if they made haste lower the cool down on core abilities that would then be very helpful (something like how the runes for DK's will come back faster). I think that is what the new stat, Mastery, is for. I remember (sadly no source) that the devs want to re-normalize rage generation so lower end people do better and higher end people aren't as crazily destructive as they currently are. In order to get to highly destructive levels again, a warrior would have to hit harder, more frequently, or both.

Yes, timing to shorter timers will be a bit of a pain, due to latency and what not, but who knows what will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen
    Better change than no change, or else the game does become boring.

Yea more imbalance! And we can do only 1 raid instance per tier, less gear models, different items with the same stats etc etc. But we can do some dumb changes and every1 is happy.

And this "A lot more stamina" will bring huge advantage to pve gear in pvp. If they buff pvp gear too... hmmm..
    mages with warriors health pull is kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas
    And this is based on your understanding of the changes? Which frankly has been shown to be not very extensive. You'll have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it that Blizz are making "it" terrible.
    for other classes it might not be bad, but it will definitely be bad for warriors and I am not just re-rolling another class because of "more interesting" changes they are implementing like I didnt re-roll when they nerfed warriors into the ground.

Moreover, how is removing stats from the game such as armor penetration, attack power and the effect of say agility to plate classes can make it "more interesting".

Like, seriously, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedalmael

Something I'd like to know, is if currently, it's possible to reach a haste point as a combat rogue without gimping other major stats, to make a faster OH weapon for potency unnecessary?

EDIT: Just realized that's off topic, and would probably be found in a rogue forum anyways. But, on topic, if it isn't possible already, could haste change for energy make it so?
    Off topic post is indeed off topic.
    At any rate, rogues are back to gemming haste, which makes me wonder...if it becomes that way later in cataclysm will rogues end up being literally energy capped?

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    For those who never remembered where to learn polearms, we remove weapon skills.
    You just defended weapon skill as a game mechanic, your opinion is void.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

for other classes it might not be bad, but it will definitely be bad for warriors and I am not just re-rolling another class because of "more interesting" changes they are implementing like I didnt re-roll when they nerfed warriors into the ground.

Moreover, how is removing stats from the game such as armor penetration, attack power and the effect of say agility to plate classes can make it "more interesting".

Like, seriously, how?
    "Nerfed warriors into the ground"
    What is this? I DON'T EVEN!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves
    Looks like a lot of work for the devs modifying all existing gear in the game and for what? I can understand some changes might have to be done for a new xpac but I'd rather see they used their time making content then changing stuff like this.
    Your an idiot. For the record. There's several. These are Massive changes that people have been wanting since tbc. The fact that there new content is being worked on by a different team has likely passed you by since you obviously think theres only 3 people working on this entire game

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes
    Off topic post is indeed off topic.
    At any rate, rogues are back to gemming haste, which makes me wonder...if it becomes that way later in cataclysm will rogues end up being literally energy capped?
    Yea, that's the idea I was kinda getting at. Being energy capped, with potency + cat haste, having 2 weapons above 2.x weapon speed for combat could be pretty plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena
    Your an idiot. For the record. There's several. These are Massive changes that people have been wanting since tbc. The fact that there new content is being worked on by a different team has likely passed you by since you obviously think theres only 3 people working on this entire game
    But they share Blizz money, arent they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedalmael
    Yea, that's the idea I was kinda getting at. Being energy capped, with potency + cat haste, having 2 weapons above 2.x weapon speed for combat could be pretty plausible.
    Guess it's time to go backstab spec with infinite energy.

10+ Year Old Account

"•Existing Attack Power becomes Agility and Stamina.Armor Penetration becomes Haste or Crit."

WHAT THE HELL. I thought it was all becoming mastery no matter what? They had better make Haste worth a damn for warriors, especially fury. Even if it reduced your GCD fury has so many open GCDs that it doesn't really matter that much, unless they gave us an attack that was a proc like "Uppercut: Your Heroic Strike, Cleave, Bloodthirst and Slam crits have a 33% chance of allowing the use of this ability which deals 120% weapon damage plus x% of your AP and reduces healing on the target by 50% for 10 seconds"(to replace the god awful auto attack MS that is so RNG dependent it's not funny) or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Grob
    But they share Blizz money, arent they?
    Don't be silly, all of blizz's money goes to their excellent customer service reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes
    "Nerfed warriors into the ground"
    What is this? I DON'T EVEN!
    what? you don't remember -10% dmg output applied to Titan's Grip talent?
    at the same time they removed weapon's mastery (2% expertise) and hid it deep in to the arm tree so you could not reach it as fury spec

That made a lot of warriors quit or re-roll another class.