Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes
    There is somewhat of a "crit cap". The closer you get to the hit cap the higher it is though. So maybe white hit cap will be more important.
    I am aware of the auto-attack crit cap, which would be 100-glancing blows-miss rate given no crit depression. At current levels of gear and stat scaling with reforging I'm sure some warrior could reach that cap. Then what? Haste I guess, unless we can reforge it into strength, which would be bad-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimraven
    First, I was passing on leather until all the rogues/ferals get it. But once they do, I roll on it because it is simply better than plate.
    Which as I said previously is a ridiculous situation. Plate wearers should be looking to use plate items, not leather gear that has ended up better because of bad stat/itemization decisions Blizz have made along the way.

Second, they are going away with armor penetration because oh my god it was such a complicated stat that ruined a game for people that are clueless about this game anyways. So now you are stuck with 2 stats - haste or crit where haste is terrible so you get to go with Crit.
    Actually yes it is a complicated stat whether or not you're clued up on the game. It's not something you can simply look at and decide whether it's an upgrade or not, especially when in cases it relies on other stats having reached a certain point before it changes from a dps loss to a gain. It forces people to go and run gear choices through spreadsheets and simulators rather than actually making the decision themselves. But it's removal doesn't mean that people are left with 2 choices, if armor pen is so valuable to you now it's likely that Mastery will provide ArP in Cata so the mastery stat will be something you'll be looking to get on gear.

In conclusion, only plate gear and only critical strike, might as well just give us no option at all, wow, that is so much fun I can't wait... to quit this game
    No, as has been pointed out several times your gear will have just as many differing stats on them in Cata as they do now. The only thing that will really change will likely be the need to stack one stat at the exception of all the others as is the case with several classes/specs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptiki
    I am aware of the auto-attack crit cap, which would be 100-glancing blows-miss rate given no crit depression. At current levels of gear and stat scaling with reforging I'm sure some warrior could reach that cap. Then what? Haste I guess, unless we can reforge it into strength, which would be bad-assed.
    never know, the only limitation thus far is that you can't turn stam into dps stats. dump 60 crit and 50 haste for 110more str (obviously different numbers but you see the idea)

If mastery proves to be useful, maybe it will prevent pallies from being mistaken for priests.
    All I can say to the above is, yuck. That is a horrific solution and will only lead to the encouragement of wearing any piece of your gear type. At least Blizzard will be effectively bringing in their own Gear Score system with Mastery. The more Mastery you have the better your gear for your spec.

It still doesn't solve the issue of places on loot tables for only one spec out of 30.

If you are a Balance druid or Elemental shaman:
    • You will still share gear with Restoration druids and shaman.
    • Your gear will have Spirit on it. It won’t have Hit on it.
    • You will have a talent that converts Spirit to Hit. We will adjust talents accordingly so that you want about as much Spirit as, say, a warlock wants Hit.
    • Hit on rings and other such gear will still benefit you.
    • Raid buffs will no longer boost Spirit, so you shouldn’t find yourself unexpectedly over the Hit cap because of buffs.

About time we get some attention
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by bregtan
    So, they simplify stats and makes things less messy.

Then they completely mess up hit rating by making the hit cap change for every tier of content!? wtf?

Now:
    Guild chat: "What's the hit cap for my class?"

After:
    Guild chat:
    "What's the hit cap?"
    "Depends..."
    "Huh?"
    "In T11 content, it is 567. in T12 content it's 622, in T13 it is 666..."
    "So, I need to have one set of gear for each content with different hit caps? "
    "Yep. And remember to switch around depending on what instance you go to"
    "Great. Glad they simplified stats"
    THIS!!! People QQing that starts are too easy, you're fucking retarded. You'll have to "remath" all of your gear each tier now, and have sets to max dps in tiers below your gear. Pretty sure all "theorycrafting" is NOT dead. >_>:

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela
    All I can say to the above is, yuck. That is a horrific solution and will only lead to the encouragement of wearing any piece of your gear type. At least Blizzard will be effectively bringing in their own Gear Score system with Mastery. The more Mastery you have the better your gear for your spec.

It still doesn't solve the issue of places on loot tables for only one spec out of 30.
    An ele shaman wearing resto mail is better than the same shaman wearing cloth. Tbh it's a win if they can persuade people to stay in their own armor class.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas

So removing attack power will make you actually use the items that you're supposed to be using? Having plate wearers using agi gear was a cock up from the stat bloating that came about in TBC and WotLK and is something Blizzard want to stop. Suffice to say plate gear will have plenty of stats on them to increase your dps and we won't have the ridiculous situation of plate wearers taking gear off feral druids and rogues.
    Yes, we won't be taking leather because we will be forced to not. Is this an option - NO.

And how is that up to blizzard to decide what am I supposed to wear and what not?

Maybe they should add a requirement to roll only male characters if you are male and vice verse, cuz they think is what you are supposed to be doing?

yeah let's add more rules to the game, man that will make it more fun

Playing a game while having different gearing options makes so much more fun and makes you think more which adds complexity which is also more fun.

Now they are just completely ruining that.

never know, the only limitation thus far is that you can't turn stam into dps stats. dump 60 crit and 50 haste for 110more str (obviously different numbers but you see the idea)
    I would enjoy reforging back into strength.

TBH I like all of this I can't complain AT ALL. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I'm certainly gitty like a Japanese school girl in a room full of tentacles.

An ele shaman wearing resto mail is better than the same shaman wearing cloth. Tbh it's a win if they can persuade people to stay in their own armor class.
    Even if those stats are sub-par? This is an issue I am seeing all too much of, class X using a piece for their class which has incorrect itemization for their spec. Hopefully, Blizzard will have considered this and will make adjustments as required.

Healing paladins and shaman will benefit more from Spirit than they do currently
    Does this mean we will not have the same spirit to mana regen ratio as druids and priests ? Seriously ?

This seriously disgusts me. They want everything available to everyone and everything to be easier. Its fun deciding what gear to get and what might be better. I don't want to automatically look at gear for 2 seconds and be able to say, "That is better, 100% sure, no questioning it." Stats in this game are not complicated. I'm sorry, but if you think that it's complicated, then your bad, or have never talked to anybody about your class. I knew what I needed of my stats and what was good before any patches usually come out, or right after a patch.
    If anything, this is making the game LESS fun imo...
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    Maybe he is taking things positively even as a vanilla player, because you know, not every vanilla player is a whiny twat.

The changes are interesting, very interesting. And for all those vanilla, tbc and even wotlk players, who think the game is being dumb down without knowing 90% of the changes, gear ilvl, hit/exp caps, talents tree, glyphs, path of the titans, addition of new spells, changes to current spells (blizz said there will be a few changes there aswell) and doung the raid/pvp content itself, how can you decided the game is dumbed down?

Removal of extensive use of spreadsheets or rawr does not mean the game is being dumbed down. How can you be so sure that all the theory crafting will become useless? Blizz said they are not removing theory crafting from the game, it will still exist. But they want people to spend more in game then on some websit/program/

How can you be so sure what stat you have to go for as a demo lock? You can stack int, mastery, haste, crit, get hit capped. Or how can you be so sure what is the best build for you? Even though blizz said they want most builds like "spend the rest 5-10 points where you want," does not mean people won't learn the basic talent build for every specc.
    Thanks for your answer, I'm sure the person I originally asked appreciates you answering for him. I simply want to know what about the changes his Warr MT likes.

Yes, we won't be taking leather because we will be forced to not. Is this an option - NO.

And how is that up to blizzard to decide what am I supposed to wear and what not?

Maybe they should add a requirement to roll only male characters if you are male and vice verse, cuz they think is what you are supposed to be doing?

yeah let's add more rules to the game, man that will make it more fun

Playing a game while having different gearing options makes so much more fun and makes you think more which adds complexity which is also more fun.

Now they are just completely ruining that.

I agree that having open options is fun; however, it is a little more than ridiculous when you see a warrior in half leather gear with his explanation being, "i saw arpen and went for it!"
    IIRC, warriors wear plate, and when they prefer lower classes, something's obviously wrong, which is what they're fixing.
    And who are they to decide what you gear for? Not really sure how to answer that...but...they're the people who decide what you gear for. I understand that you're trying to fuel some hate machine here, but realistically they're making changes that will benefit everyone, no matter how much rage you spout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalman
    This seriously disgusts me. They want everything available to everyone and everything to be easier. Its fun deciding what gear to get and what might be better. I don't want to automatically look at gear for 2 seconds and be able to say, "That is better, 100% sure, no questioning it." Stats in this game are not complicated. I'm sorry, but if you think that it's complicated, then your bad, or have never talked to anybody about your class. I knew what I needed of my stats and what was good before any patches usually come out, or right after a patch.
    If anything, this is making the game LESS fun imo...
    120% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela
    Even if those stats are sub-par? This is an issue I am seeing all too much of, class X using a piece for their class which has incorrect itemization for their spec. Hopefully, Blizzard will have considered this and will make adjustments as required.
    Indeed, which is hopefully what reforging will do, tweaking sub-par stats to your liking is certainly going to be interesting. Making your gear a little more customizable, coupled with mastery, should keep people happy with their own armor class.

120% agreed
    you fed the troll! :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Does this mean we will not have the same spirit to mana regen ratio as druids and priests ? Seriously ?
    No, you will have the same. Currently, priests and druids glean the most from Spirit. Shaman and Paladin gain very little at the moment and so any change will likely pull them to the next current value which would be in-line with Druids and Priests. Just be happy about your access to 3 (Shaman) and 4(Paladin) armour types for healing with only a loss of Mastery.

This shit just makes the game so much easier for the 10 year old players who destroy the game. Clap clap clap Blizzard, GJ once again.

Saronite Bomb: Use: Inflicts 1150 to 1500 Fire damage to targets in a 10 yard radius. This explosive is powerful enough to cause moderate siege damage. (1 Min Cooldown) If used against the Lich King, can cause ban. (72h cooldown)