Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Dumbing down? Hell this actually brings more diversity to the game and lets you have a brain. Like it's already been said in here, the only hard part of gearing in WoW right now is finding a website that tells you what to do about everything. Everyone is running around with the same spec, same exact pieces of gear, etc. ArP was by far the stupidest stat in WoW, good riddance. I was as tired of getting stuck with mail ArP pieces just as much as hunters hated all the haste mail pieces.

At least in Cata we will have more points to do with what we want, adding some diversity, as well as allowing us to change certain stats on gear. It's gonna be awesome to finally see a cookie cutter build that lets you choose like 5 or 6 of your own points, as well seeing people with the same gear but different stats.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

ITT: People comparing future stats with current specs.

When 4.0 rolls over specs will be changing as well as the stats just like in patches 2.0 and 3.0. Deal with change. It's for the better.

I know that there are whiny bitches for every tidbit of news that Blizzard delivers, whether it be a tiny hotfix or a major article of information relating to a new expansion. But all of the whining here, now more than ever, is completely, totally, and absolutely unjustified. Nothing much will change, and everything that will change will be for the better. What's wrong with changing stats so that plate classes don't have to wear leather to DPS, or changing Haste so that it's actually interesting and fun? Nothing. What's wrong with removing convoluted and stupid stats like Armor Pen and MP5, or incorporating existing stats like Attack Power into existing meta-stats like Agility/Strength? Again, nothing (Agility and strength already give AP bonuses anyway... why not just assign AP into each category for simplicity?).

There is no "skill" involved with reading stats. Knowing exactly what "x" stat does isn't any better than knowing that "x" stat is just good and you should get MOAR of it. Once again, most of the people that are crying are just the usual trolls, but don't listen to the hate: these changes only simplify the existing stat system so that it's not so convoluted, while adding sweet new stuff (like Mastery... really interested as to how that works!) to the game. I can't wait for Cataclysm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kwickslash
    ITT: People comparing future stats with current specs.

When 4.0 rolls over specs will be changing as well as the stats just like in patches 2.0 and 3.0. Deal with change. It's for the better.
    QFT. This thread is full of people asking stupid questions that are answered in the quote, or people complaining that "omg but spirit is bad 4 pally!!"

This change will do nothing, if anything you wannabe elitists should be happy since this apparently "dumbs down the game." Now all the noobs will have the same 3 stats as you, but you will be able to faceroll them anyway cuz you're that good.

I wonder if Frost DKs will finally get "(Frozen) Titan's Grip" with the cataclysm ?
    1H melee weapons would come with no AP at all but buckloads of agi, which might do even less than now according to the changes stated in the post. So either they have to overbuff the frost tree (maybe) to compensate, make special 1H weapons only for DKs with STR (most unlikly), make them use tank weapons (usually too fast/still bad itemized) or just let us use 2x2H weapons.

What is it gonna be? :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes
    I wonder if Frost DKs will finally get "(Frozen) Titan's Grip" with the cataclysm ?
    1H melee weapons would come with no AP at all but buckloads of agi, which might do even less than now according to the changes stated in the post. So either they have to overbuff the frost tree (maybe) to compensate, make special 1H weapons only for DKs with STR (most unlikly), make them use tank weapons (usually too fast/still bad itemized) or just let us use 2x2H weapons.

reforge that agi to str imo

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes

I agree that having open options is fun; however, it is a little more than ridiculous when you see a warrior in half leather gear with his explanation being, "i saw arpen and went for it!"
    IIRC, warriors wear plate, and when they prefer lower classes, something's obviously wrong, which is what they're fixing.
    And who are they to decide what you gear for? Not really sure how to answer that...but...they're the people who decide what you gear for. I understand that you're trying to fuel some hate machine here, but realistically they're making changes that will benefit everyone, no matter how much rage you spout.
    oh I understand what their goals is - to have "plate users" wear plate rather than mail or leather.

However, they cannot make plate more attractive than leather simply because they put too much stamina on plate and THAT is what they should be fixing.

Instead, they force us to wear plate by pretty much making leather and mail useless.

Might as well just change class description where they can only wear plate

This thread delivers in typical forum stupidity.

Thank you for my enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes

I'm gonna guess that mastery (or a talent) for going DW frost will probably include something to let you benefit more from agility on weapons. That or they make str 1h weapons. It really depends if they do actually decide to just make agil/str = 2 AP for everyone. That or reforging of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalman
    This seriously disgusts me. They want everything available to everyone and everything to be easier. Its fun deciding what gear to get and what might be better. I don't want to automatically look at gear for 2 seconds and be able to say, "That is better, 100% sure, no questioning it." Stats in this game are not complicated. I'm sorry, but if you think that it's complicated, then your bad, or have never talked to anybody about your class. I knew what I needed of my stats and what was good before any patches usually come out, or right after a patch.
    If anything, this is making the game LESS fun imo...
    When the answer to pretty much any gear question is "plug it into rawr and sim it", that's too complicated.
    There's a HUGE difference between 'look at gear for 2 seconds' and 'so complicated that you need to go get a 3rd party program (such as rawr) and plug numbers in there' and I suspect blizzard will put it somewhere in between.

I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

reforge that agi to str imo
    well thats a possibilty i haven't thought about, though you still only have 50% of the AP of a regular STR item.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

but...but...but... what will happen to my gear now that will become my rp set during cata with all arp gems

somehow i still have the feeling we elemental shamans are going to get screwed over gearwise once again.

I remain sceptical, we'll see...
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam
    I'm gonna guess that mastery for going DW frost will probably (or a talent) will include something to let you benefit more from agility on weapons. That or they make str 1h weapons. It really depends if they do actually decide to just make agil/str = 2 AP for everyone.
    will tank weapons be less..."tank" weaponish? what with the lack of defense you can just reforge the avoidance stats to something better.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    somehow i still have the feeling we elemental shamans are going to get screwed over gearwise once again.

I remain sceptical, we'll see...
    I don't see how we can be tbh. The gear change is pretty much what we have always wanted, and the fact we won't need to go heavy on hit since mail caster gear w/ spirit will cover it...I'm actually considering coming back in 4.0 just to see how this goes.

Deleted

It all sounds pretty decent to me, but we'll have to see how it ends up.

As for simplification, do keep in mind that Blizz said we'll be getting more procs on weapons, so that also will be something to take into account

you fed the troll! :-X
    how is that trolling?

I am not trying to pull the readers into some kind of off-topic. I am discussing the changes they are making in cataclysm.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán
    It all sounds pretty decent to me, but we'll have to see how it ends up.

As for simplification, do keep in mind that Blizz said we'll be getting more procs on weapons, so that also will be something to take into account
    Also bear in mind that Vanilla(the apparent bastion of "good" that people most qq'rers never played) didn't have the multitude of stats that they are getting rid off.

10+ Year Old Account

will tank weapons be less..."tank" weaponish? what with the lack of defense you can just reforge the avoidance stats to something better.
    Thinking about it, there will probably be tank weapons still (tons of stam/dodge/avoidance/block), but I feel like tanks wouldn't have to wait for that 1 or 2 tank weapons in an instance, and could just go with a DPS weapon, like Dk/druid's of now, but for warriors/pally's too. Just change the DPS stat to whichever defensive stat you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    When the answer to pretty much any gear question is "plug it into rawr and sim it", that's too complicated.
    There's a HUGE difference between 'look at gear for 2 seconds' and 'so complicated that you need to go get a 3rd party program (such as rawr) and plug numbers in there' and I suspect blizzard will put it somewhere in between.
    how is plugging something into rawr or other spreadsheet w/e and actually spending time on managing your character extremely complicated ???