Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
LastLast
  1. #581

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Sorry if it has been said before, but I don't think tanks are gonna have to gem all Stamina. I'm pretty sure blizzard stated that bosses are gonna hit for less per hit so tanks can take multiple hits but that healers will have to heal multiple times to bring back your health to full. Gemming for avoidance might overcome stamina if healers have to deal with mana. Gemming for stamina was there to avoid beeing 2-3 shotted by bosses on an unlucky streak.

  2. #582

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Resilience - This will only affect damage done by players and critical damage done by players. It will not impact crit chance, mana drains, or other such effects.

    LOL

    Haven't read all 40 pages but I'm trying yo find out how will PVP gear be modified (Spirit-hit on ele shamans?) or if there will be different PVP tree or talents

  3. #583

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Tl;dr
    40 pages of QQ
    ~

  4. #584

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullchukka
    Tl;dr
    40 pages of QQ
    Nope.

  5. #585
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    everybody knows what to pick is because of simulators and EJ.
    just because you need ej-people to tell you what to do and consequently belief in the "top-dps" spreadsheets to be the "ultimate truth" doesnt necessarily mean there are no other ways to reach the goal successful (kill a boss) and wow is complicated.


  6. #586

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zweistein
    just because you need ej-people to tell you what to do and consequently belief in the "top-dps" spreadsheets to be the "ultimate truth" doesnt necessarily mean there are no other ways to reach the goal successful (kill a boss) and wow is complicated.
    Sorry, what does that have to do with making stats easier to understand or making them more of a real choice?

    Because you seem to be saying 'Wow is so easy that I can be sub optimal and still succeed" which of course isn't really true for most players, but even it's true for every single player, it's not some thing that will change or not change according to how easy to understand gear stats become.

    If the point of your post is actually "I am SO smart!" then I think you failed to make that point.

  7. #587

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala
    I highly doubt that this bullshit will go live. They removed EVERY sense of progression in this xpac so you can go from heroics -> ICC...

    The above change would be a 180° turn, since it forces players to progress all raids in order to get that much hit/crit/whatever in order to do the proper and needed damage.

    Also it's quite an idiotic mechanic to need different hit values for different encounters oO
    I think you are misunderstanding what is about to happen on the other end.
    Warning: Pure speculation.

    Right now, from Anubrekhan to the Lich King, every single boss has (for example) the same miss chance: 17% for spells, 8% for 2h, 27% for DW.

    What they might do is change it so that as you progress in raid tiers each boss gets better at dodging in addition to the usual more HP and harder hits. So, for example, the first T11 bosses (the Cat version of Anubrekhan) have a 7% chance for spells to miss, the end T11 boss (Cat's Kelthuzad) say 9%, the next tier (XT) has a 12% chance for spells to miss, etc. etc. all the way up.

    That way more hit becomes desirable during progression raids. When you first enter the new tier with last raid's gear you will miss like crazy, but as you gear up and put stuff on farm mode you'll hit cap that tier (and, of course, be way over the hit cap for last tier, which you won't care about anyway).

  8. #588

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo

    What i'm talking about is complicated maximisation.

    tl;dr - You can have an IQ of 300, but it still won't matter.
    Don't bother, man... 90% of the elitist wannabes reading this don't even understand the question, let alone the answer.

    "Not even wrong"

  9. #589
    I am Murloc! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    5,611

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Hit rating, Haste, and Crit are the only things that people talk about "caps" for, and after the cap they become increasingly useless. To the point that raiders have to decide to either take an upgrade from a new raid that has a ton of haste and then redesign the rest of their gear to not be so over-cap, or they just pass on that particular item and wait for an alternative with no hit. These changes make sure that Hit remains important, and an interesting choice (do I take this item for when we move into the next tier, or do I wait and hope I can get something there that will bump me up? Is this item a dps upgrade in this tier? Is it a dps upgrade in the next tier?).
    It's still pretty DUMB design to reintroduce the "miss factor" they patched out releasing 3.0. Also I promise you that the "normal WoW-Guy" will be unable to grasp that concept. I know it sounds terribly arrogant, but there it is. I met so many peeps out there who think that hit doesn't have a cap and stack it....

    I think you are misunderstanding what is about to happen on the other end.
    In light of your speculative example: Nope I understood completely.

    There is a WAY WAY easier solution to this problem: DESIGN LESS PIECES WITH HIT. Don't put that annoying stat on (felt value) 75% of the loots.


    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  10. #590
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    61

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    All I'm seeing from the blue post is "thanks for spending gold, mats and badges on the gear that our poor ability to itemise items properly has forced you into taking to maximise your effectiveness in your guild's raid. now we're gonna screw you over. kthxbai!"

    Seriously, a number of BiS items for a plate dps are what I like to refer to as "rogue" itemised gear. If the gear which had been aimed at plate dps was itemised right, and I'm looking at you here Ashen Verdict Might ring and frost badge cloak, then maybe we'd have taken it in the first place and wouldn't now be looking at items which as gonna be next to worthless once these changes drop. We were supposed to thank Blizzard for adding the ashen might ring, but it seems to me they had to add it or these changes would have left a hole for plate dps in this department, and they didn't even offer a free swap.

    Any DPS worth his/her salt is gemming for ArP right now, can I ask what it going to happen to those gems when the stat changes happen? Have we got a huge regemming bill ahead of us?

    And finally, a question about reforging. Can a BS reforge someone else's souldbound armour? If not, does that mean that to maximise DPS every plate dps is gonna have to learn blacksmithing?

    I'll continue to play now and when Cataclysm drops, I'm not gonna QQ and say I'm quitting bring on SWTOR, but these changes almost seem to say "limit your raid potential or we're gonna punish you in a few months time".

  11. #591

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala
    There is a WAY WAY easier solution to this problem: DESIGN LESS PIECES WITH HIT. Don't put that annoying stat on (felt value) 75% of the loots.
    That's a worse solution. (IMO). Having all bosses in an entire 2+ year expansion all have the same exact miss chance is sort of silly. It means there is only one of two possible paths:
    1) Like now you hit cap early (pre raiding, as a matter of fact) and have the current situation: once you hit cap all further hit is useless.
    2) You hit cap late. If they do like you say and DESIGN LESS PIECES WITH HIT (ZOMG!!!!!) you won't hit cap until the last tier of the expansion, if ever. If that happens, then hit will always be the most important stat, by far, always; any and all other stats and gear choices will be subjugated to hit. There will, in fact, be 0 gear choice. The answer will always be "get the piece with more hit".

    A static, universal miss chance is sort of dumb.

  12. #592
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    What i'm talking about is complicated maximisation.
    yeah maximisation may be complicated but maximisation is not naccessary (or only to a small degree). its more a passion of some.

    its all fair and square to do it, long live the ej-community, but to belief dps-spreadsheeds are the "wholy grail" of wow-wisdom without which there is no progress possible is simply wrong.

    plus i highly doubt blizz is making this changes for the elitist jerks anyway.

  13. #593
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Looks like Shaman will be wearing leather for healing gear becasue they has to share with Druids :P. Haste is also becoming melee only. The parry change is kick ass now that Ret, Fury, Arms, will be able to Tank, not to mention in pvp scenarios parry will be bitchin.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  14. #594

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Looks like Shaman will be wearing leather for healing gear becasue they has to share with Druids :P. Haste is also becoming melee only. The parry change is kick as now that Ret, Fury, Arms, will be able to Tank, not to mention in pvp scenarios parry will be bitchin.
    Good god, did you even read the blue post?

  15. #595

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    hurray! no more ArP
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

    -Richard Dawkins

  16. #596

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Good god, did you even read the blue post?
    More than half of people posting in this post are either asking questions/qqing because they failed to read OR qqing because they think polished, smooth game experience = 2ez mode.

  17. #597
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Good god, did you even read the blue post?
    Yeah I did but you make no argument.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  18. #598

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Serious failure in reading comprehension then . . .

  19. #599
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,729

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Yeah I did but you make no argument.
    How about the argument that Shamans will benefit by using mail-gear due to extra Mastery?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  20. #600
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Serious failure in reading comprehension then . . .
    About what part? They will itemize for multiple classes so that non tier gear for shaman and druid will probably both be leather, the armor difference wont matter anymore. They are also making all defensive stance like abilities give you the def cap so Ret, Fury, Arms, all DK, and Bear form can tank heroics so people don't have to wait ages for tanks. Haste is melee/ranged melee resource only as far as I can tell unless it has different effects for mana users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    How about the argument that Shamans will benefit by using mail-gear due to extra Mastery?
    Doesn't mean leather wont be as good to a shaman.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •